Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38123 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 4: DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!)
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2013, 10:46:38 am »

Will silver breastplate to not kill him, and choose to not count for his spells.
I won't count for Angle's spells either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:02 am »

((Insight please.))

Clair turning away from the wand, regard the spider "Hi"

Attack with umbella.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2013, 11:33:35 am »

And increase insight!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown: Turn 5
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 05:56:01 pm »

Ho ho ho! You are mine, human! I, Lared, shall devour your body and soul!
"Scraaaaaaawgle!"

Disembowel Javier with my beak. If that fails, use mighty and powerful word!"
Beat his face with my sledgehammer
Grab my wand back

[Initiative: 18+1,16]
[18v12, 1d8=3] Lared, the newly-self-named beast, lept at Javier and ripped at his stomach. Javier felt a large wound open, and his lifeblood (not that there's any other kind...) gushing out. [18-1] He staggers, managing to continue to act, and [13-1v4+1] mashes at the poor little creature with his mallet, [1d10=6] greatly wounding it. [1-1] This action proves too much of a strain for Javier, who promptly keels over.
Level Up! New ability: Savage. Your experience in combat has made you good at destroying foes with nothing but your body. All unarmed melee attacks are at +1 to hit and for damage.

Hok crowbar through silvery breastplate, drag it along. Say Word.
Will silver breastplate to not kill him, and choose to not count for his spells.
Jane sort of wills at the breastplate, and sticks her crowbar into it. She then tries casting a spell. [18+3+3-2, 8+2+3-2]* Another silvery breastplate, much like the last, springs into existence, floating in front of Jane. She notes that it looks more tarnished, yet paradoxically the silver looks shinier.

Well, I'm still going to throw spells out there, maybe I'll get a useful one.
PMed.
Archmage Coolguy feels his vitality slip away as he casts his new spell. [15+2,5+1] A fairly thick sapling erupts from the end of the Archmage's wand, streaking with greenish energy. It misses the centipede, but vines sprout from the remnants, glowing green. [1!+2+5] A further effect fails to occur.

Meus puts the silver breastplate on and examines his wand too.
"Hm, my symbols seem to differ from yours. Strange." ((Just assuming something here. I hope you don't mind, and edit this if they don't (altough I would be surprised if they were identical.)))
Strangely, the symbols are essentially the same, with about as much difference as exists between this and this. Your wand is on the α rune.
Slipping on the [Tails] new breastplate, you wince, feeling a bit of energy coming over you! [6] Jane isn't terribly fast with her reaction, [18-3] but you don't die!

((Insight please.))
Clair turning away from the wand, regard the spider "Hi"
Attack with umbella.
Charging at the surprised spider, [11v5+3-2;11+1-5] Clair's umbrella bends the beast's chitin damagingly, [1d10:10] driving a splinter of chitin through the beast's...some kind of vital organ, you assume, because it's dead. You glance back at the place where the spider was standing. It's some sort of magical circle, with the armor still there...
Level Up! Umbrellomancer: Your ability to use a...unique weapon has benefited you greatly. You get a +2 on rolls to attack with a weighted umbrella and a +1 to damage with it.

-----

Two people fell beasts, one a young mage crushing a spider bigger than she, the other an angry creation turning on its master. In addition, two others manage to form a bit of friendship, tempered by his near-death by her creation. This leaves the Archmage, who created a plant which future generations would no doubt enjoy if the giant centipede doesn't destroy them first.
Said centipede strikes!
[5+1v6-2] Despite the Archmage's slowed reflexes, the centipede misses him completely.
A new person appears alongside the new friends. He is wearing baggy clothes with large pockets, a fine birch wand with a golden band nearly 10 inches long in his hand, and a surprised look on his bestubbled face.

-----

*These last couple modifiers were supposed to be there last time, but I forgot.
Since the spider could have easily been FAR more lethal if the chitin had deflected the blow, or the damage roll wasn't max, I've chosen to count monstrous spiders as being level 2.
And increase insight!
You didn't level up. A bit moot at the moment, because you're dead.
Say, javierpwn/Wwolin, wanna name Wwolin's species?
Okay, the two of you who leveled up? Choose a stat to increase.
scapheap, you're leveling like mad!
We could use some Waitlisters, neh?
I made a couple of minor rules changes, notably one which slightly changes how hit points are determined.
...And that's all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Why is it I can't get any of my spells to work?
Send out Sasha.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WAITLIST A ME AGAIN!!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

((Insight))

Poke armor with one of the spider legs because I don't want my umbrella burning or something. If it stay still and the leg seem fine pick it up.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Inspired by Perplexicon)
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

Name: Javier C. THE SECOND!!
Description: Average young man, though he keeps to himself most of the time.Obvious clone of Javier C.
Attribute Modifiers:
  Strength:-1
  Toughness:-2
  Quickness:1
  Cleverness:2
  Insight:-5
  Power:5
Desired Clothes: Construction workers' clothes
Minor Items: Hardhat, pocket knife, Lunch/toolbox
Major Item: SledgeHammer

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

"Huh. Didn't expect there to be a door or anything, but damn. I was gonna brush my teeth, at least."

Anyway, coolio. I'm here. Away from my 6 crazy exes, the crazier ex, and a bunch of idiots. You guys seem smart, at least.

"All right, that's a centipede, and I have a pointy thing."

((I don't know my stats o.o))

Point wand at big bug, and calmly speak.
"Koto!" (KOH-toh)

"So, what's up? Anyone got a light? A cigarette, maybe?"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh. Didn't expect there to be a door or anything, but damn. I was gonna brush my teeth, at least."

Anyway, coolio. I'm here. Away from my 6 crazy exes, the crazier ex, and a bunch of idiots. You guys seem smart, at least.

"Koto!" (KOH-toh)

((There's no centipede in the room you're in, although you could head over a room and help out.
And your stats are in the OP. Kinda average, except the 14 strength. That's right, you rolled maximum strength.))
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Before the action I posted, make sure to explode my own shirt off with a muscle flex when near the party.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

"Koto!" (KOH-toh)

((There's no centipede in the room you're in, although you could head over a room and help out.
And your stats are in the OP. Kinda average, except the 14 strength. That's right, you rolled maximum strength.))
By all means, I seem to have difficulty with magic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh no, your spells are pretty good. They don't do useful things, but they're effective.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Oh no, your spells are pretty good. They don't do useful things, but they're effective.
So they're effectively useless?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18