Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38130 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 3: A Mighty Sorry Lot)
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 06:12:41 pm »

"Why does everything I touch become something that could kill me"

Check Umbrella and wand. Regain mana by mediation maybe.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

(Why can't I just roll something decent when I create things?)
Examine my wand/other gear
write spell down
command avian to cease it's attack while pointing my wand at. It

(I'm guessing my wand has a preference for creating beasts?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 06:39:19 pm »

(Why can't I just roll something decent when I create things?)
You roll great when creating things! It's the control rolls that suck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

"Yeah, I could do the whole alliance thing. Especially seeing as I seem to have little offensive power."

Put on fleshy breastplate, then if possible put on silvery breastplate on top. Inspect starting gear. Ask breastplates what they can tell me.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

"Yeah, I could do the whole alliance thing. Especially seeing as I seem to have little offensive power."

Put on fleshy breastplate, then if possible put on silvery breastplate on top. Inspect starting gear. Ask breastplates what they can tell me.
Lord of the Breastplates

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »

This man is unfit to be the master of a noble creature such as myself...
"Scraaaaaaw!"

Fly at Javier C's wand and swallow it. Tear off and swallow the hand too if that's what it takes.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

If I can't wear the silver breastplate, just pick it up and carry it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:26 pm »

Im gonna laugh if you choke to death
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown: Turn 4
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 11:39:52 pm »

PMed my spell. (write that in my journal if useful) Centipedes are attracted to my coolness obviously.
You shout the spell. [20!+2,12+1] You summon a weird magnifying glass, with a mark on each of three sides. One side has a strange symbol on it, one has a branching symbol on it, and one has a cloaky symbol on it. [12+2,4+1] You then create what seems to be some sort of fishtank. You feel an odd sensation in your mind, like you can do something new.
You decide that, whatever this is, you'll pass on the opportunity to scribe this into your journal...

Check Umbrella and wand. Regain mana by mediation maybe.
(You regain 1 mana per turn. Guess I didn't make that clear.)
You fiddle with your wand, noting again its unusual length and how nicely polished it is. Around the middle are six runes: φ Θ ⌂ α ╒ ô The band, a nice rose gold one for your rosewood wand, has a single flowery shape on it, with a single petal jutting off, pointing at the ⌂. As you fiddle with it, you notice something you've never noticed before: The band can rotate! You click it over to the φ rune before deciding that it has some kind of purpose, although what it is you can't imagine...
Level Up! New Ability: Aura. A slight aura of shimmering energy surrounds you. All attacks take a -1 penalty to hit.

Examine my wand/other gear
write spell down
command avian to cease it's attack while pointing my wand at. It

You, too, note similar things--the wand's strength, rusted iron band, six runes, sideways spike (pointing at the ╒), discovery that the band rotates, soon ending on the ô rune.
The creature, which needs a name, refuses to respond.

(I'm guessing my wand has a preference for creating beasts?)
Not originally...and not the reason.

You slide the fleshy breastplate over yourself, feeling a wave of gratitude and joy wash over to you from it and a little bit of disgust well up from inside of you once you feel its flesh against yours. [Tails] As it is a breastplate, you can't really fit it over yourself--the other breastplate, you mean. You glance over your wand, same runes, on the Θ, move it to the ╒, yadda yadda.
Sadly, with a crowbar in one hand and a wand in the other, there's really no way to carry the floating breastplate. However, you suspect that you could sort of nudge it with your head...or something...

This man is unfit to be the master of a noble creature such as myself...
"Scraaaaaaw!"
Fly at Javier C's wand and swallow it. Tear off and swallow the hand too if that's what it takes.
The strange beast leaps and soars towards Javier's wand arm. [6v2] It rips at the mage's wand hand, [1d8=6] causing a lot of blood drain. [Tails] While the wand is too long to fit in the creature's gullet, it can (and [19v6] does) grab it with its weird spiderleg things and yank the wand out of the wizard-to-be's grasp. It, that is to say you, feel an odd surge of energy...

-----

Discovery! The wands seem to have six runes which probably change something! Whether this will help those locked in mortal combat with deadly beasts will be seen.
The giant centipede attacking the Archmage leaps forth and
[9+1v11-1] just scrapes its mandibles across the Archmage's form, [1d10+1:3] causing a deep gouge and a burning sensation. [11-2-1,1d4:2] The Archmage feels himself stiffen...
Meanwhile, the monstrous spider fighting the young girl creeps forward, not certain if it was noticed yet. Clair can just see the outline of a magical circle...
The
Ursa squeezes through the arch of choice.

-----

Good job, y'all! Javier C and Clair get bonuses to Experience! Because Clair noted her wand specifically, as opposed to including it as part of an "Anything I have" statement, she shoots up to 2nd level! Pick a stat to increase by 1.
Meh, I'm feeling generous. Jane gets a little EP, too.
Oh, and just a note: Opposed Quickness rolls will be used to determine the order of actions if it ever really matters.
javierpwn or Wwolin, could you name the unnamed critter?
...I think that's all of note. Let me know if you spot any errors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 4: DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!)
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 12:40:00 am »

Ho ho ho! You are mine, human! I, Lared, shall devour your body and soul!
"Scraaaaaaawgle!"

Disembowel Javier with my beak. If that fails, use mighty and powerful word!"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:58 am »

Hok crowbar through silvery breastplate, drag it along. Say Word.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:14 am »

Beat his face with my sledgehammer
Grab my wand back
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:21:57 am by javierpwn »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 06:06:58 am »

Well, I'm still going to throw spells out there, maybe I'll get a useful one.
PMed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 06:39:56 am »

Meus puts the silver breastplate on and examines his wand too.
"Hm, my symbols seem to differ from yours. Strange." ((Just assuming something here. I hope you don't mind, and edit this if they don't (altough I would be surprised if they were identical.)))

((Aagh, conflicting timezones.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:10 am »

Will silver breastplate to not kill him, and choose to not count for his spells.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18