Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: You are a post apocalyptic warlord (suggestion game)  (Read 15893 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a post apocalyptic warlord (suggestion game)
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:41 pm »

I really think we shouldn't just outright try to kill the guy, chances are hes with our potential employer, and doing so will probably cost us one of our guys.

the situation needs diffusing not escalating.
That's why we don't shoot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

you give the sign and you all turn crossbows raised,only to see a man climeing in to the jeep.
he wears some crude armor made from metal sheats, his left arm lies by his side limp and bleeding.
his right grasps a crude looking flintlock pistol.
he yells at you "dont shoot, dont come any closer,i'll shoot"
as he trys to start the jeep he puts his gun down for a second.

do you shoot?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »

Shoot.
Or block his escape.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:20 pm »

okay, I think hes an invader. shoot him or not it matters not to me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »

Shoot away.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 06:36:12 pm »

you deside in a snap second to shoot him.

your spear strikes him in the right sholder, a bolt bonuces off his armor, a fineil bolt strike him in the head.

as you trun to the door you are met by armored woman branising an axe.
"honey you have five seconds to tell me what the hell is going on here?"she asks
all you can think of to say is that you where looking for a miss Littletree.
on hear ing that she lowers the axe and say youd best come in to my office.

more to come
if you can think of any thing the gang can have done you the bikes do post it.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a post apocalyptic gang leader (suggestion game)
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 07:16:25 pm »

Spiked hubcaps or whatever the equivalent is for a motorcycle. Solid wheels(rubber, that is). Mounting place for the crossbow across the handles. Dek's bike(the guy who's got first aid training, or something; best medical person) has the medkit on it, as well as the tent(s). Hooks and ties on the ropes mean we can string them between the bikes to trip people, Jurk(whoever is the best mechanic) has the shovel attached to his bike in a way so it can sort of joust, as well as the cooking pots in a way, so that when they're on, they protect his legs and the bike's vulnerable bits. Little Mitch(whoever is the strongest) has the axe and stove on his bike. The sleeping rolls and a place for our spear thrower is on our bike.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

you enter in to a small work shop, you see a small blooded women with her hand tied to car lift.
the armored women asks you "now what is it you come to see me about repairs, custom work or are you looking for work?"

"if your looking for work your hired and you can start strait away"

if it work your after where is the price sheet for the bikes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

items for sale
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit add new item
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:41:00 pm by Funk »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 08:26:11 pm »

Let's get 6 square meters of sheet metal, 8 meters of metal bar, a sledgehammer, a grappling hook, handlebar brackets for everyone, and, say, 5 meters of chain. All in all, that's 109 money. Split the metal bar into two meter lengths, and weld the sheet metal onto the front of each bike, so it forms a sort of shield/armor over the tire, handles, and person. Mke it rise enough so you are protected if you duck low, but can see fine if you're riding upright, and preferably get a kind of clogs able small visor window thing so you can see a little bit when ducked low. Weld each of the metal bars to this, or the side of this, so it can impale stuff you ride by, sharpening the ends, with some leather or something as a sheath when ee're not using it, or just a way to remove/turn them upwards, rather than always forwards. That'd be best, is a way to make them point up, instead of forward and to the side, when we want to. Sledgehammer is given to Little Mitch, grappling hook and chain to Jurk, and brackets can be put on top of the shield thing, or if that's not possible, at an angle/location where they could shoot through the visor
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

you explain that your after a frontal shield, scythed wheels and some form of lace like spike and some tools.
after a little haggling you bill comes to 100$.

"now you arnt just here for that are you?"
"ya see i have a little problem i need a few strong hand to help me with, it is risky work but ill pay you well if your up for it id best explane the task be for you, i happen to have a land dispute with eddwoods the local rancher, now if you give me a hand in finishing it be in your debit."

"im willing to pay a bounty for every cow,sheep and goat of his that you bringing the brand of back here,more if is still living."

she lean closer and whispers " if any of his hand or even mr eddwoods should meet wish a accident then i pay you generously for your advise of safety"

edit sorry for the long gap in the updates, i was hopeing for some more suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:47:26 pm by Funk »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 06:48:26 pm »

Talk to the Eddwoods, size them up.
We may be able to provide just the accident needed.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:41 am »

yes to sizing them up, no to the talking for now.

cattle rustling sounds like a job we're prefect for with our fast and agile bikes.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 12:45:28 pm »

you decide to go up to the Eddwoods ranch to talk to them and see if you can steal any cattle.
after a bref ride up a rocky path you are stopped by a ugly looking farmhand who asks what your are doing on his boss land?.

once you tell him that you have come to see mr Eddwoods, he tell you to come with him.
as you drive over a hill he tell you that all this is mr Eddwoods land.
 after a short drive your are out side a large wooden barn, the farmhand call to to another man to fetch the boss.

after a long wait a tall man on a motorbike turns up along with 2 other men.

"you feeler looking for work? i can always use a few more strong backs around here.
how does 1$ a day plus room and board sound?"

you tell him that you will think about it and drive off.

you note that there are about 8 people working at his ranch.
the cows are only penned by wire at night to a few fields by a stream.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 12:49:56 pm »

We can sneak back by night and burn the barn!
That'll show them.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 06:07:52 pm »

so barn burning / cattle rustling

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19