Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge The Thought Police  (Read 5493 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge The Thought Police
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 01:46:18 am »

Whoopsie daisies! Typo fixed

Reminder: Any action can be attempted, but might not turn out in an expected way, especially if contrary to the setting. But this is rtd, so logic is slightly bent.

Quick survey: Who's read 1984? Who's played Assassin's Creed?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 01:54:20 am »

Secretly order as many delivery foods as I can, telling them all to bring the food to Captain
Jennings location.

There isn't enough food or extra labor for delivery services under the Party's rule. Are you sure (y/n)?
I really should have read the book. :P Change my action to.... Call some of the thought police
guarding the captain and convince them that they have to report back to HQ immediately. Use
technology to hide my identity as I do all this in secret.

( I did not read the book but I played the first assassins Creed. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:07 am »

Oceania is a technologically backwards society. Quality of life and literacy are kept deliberately low to make it easier to maintain power. In the 1980's they use mostly technology developed in the 30's-50's They rely on pneumatic message tubes within the Ministries. Any phone calls are by landline, long distance is by radio (which are not cleared for civilian use). Their complicated information control and suppression works mainly on human brainpower, committees, and paper records. Technological development is stagnant, except for warfare and espionage, and even then not much better. The highlights of their technology include the speakwrite, which directly transfers dictated words to paper, various mechanical algorithms for assembling formulaic songs and novellas for the ignorant masses (eliminating the need for creative artists), and of course the telescreen.

The telescreen acts simultaneously as a television, a camera, and a microphone. Only members of the Inner party can turn theirs off, while everyone else can only dim them, and while on they constantly transmit their surveillance to the Party (via landline - broadcast TV would be vulnerable to picking up rogue signals). They constantly cycle through the feed of every telescreen, scrutinizing everyone within view intently. They can't see every screen at once, but they could potentially be watching any screen at any time. Every Party member has a Telescreen in his or her home, and anything he or she does at home will probably be seen (except after lights out, though sounds will still be heard). Most proles don't have screens in their homes, and the party relies on patrols more to keep an eye in the prole neighborhoods, but there are still screens posted on some streets. Also, there are mics hidden about the countryside. They're sparse but one must still be careful (probably concentrated around trails used for Community Hikes).

For the Inner Party, the most important thing to remember is that Big Brother is Watching You. Inner Party members wear the distinctive uniform of a blue jumpsuit and are expected to conform to the utmost, so doing anything but undercover intel/sabotage work would be next to impossible for an Assassin amongst them. Eccentricities or deviations from routine are all highly dangerous. The Proles are considered beneath suspicion, the ignorant-est and unwashed masses, so as long as they don't do anything too outlandish, a Prole won't attract too much notice in a crowd. If someone could get on the rooftops stealthily, they should be safe from all surveillance except helicopter sweeps.

Common criminals are sent to forced labor camps, Thought Criminals (always Party members) are made into Unpersons. An unperson is tortured into confessing all kinds of crimes against the state, exterminated, and then erased from all records. Often times they are brainwashed into being completely repentant of their unorthodoxy and loving Big Brother first, to eliminate any chance of martyrdom.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 03:04:21 am »

Go home and watch telly.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 07:09:49 am »

Pick off a isolated guard, hide his body and loot the corpse
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 07:48:27 am »

Try to pick off some isolated guards.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:44 am »

Look for anything important while doing job unobtrusively.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 12:34:52 am »

To bad this died I was looking foward to this
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:31 am »

Died? It's only been 2 days. I'm waiting for last action to be posted.

CRAP! That's 9... so everyone's been waiting on me. Okay, tomorrow I'll roll you guys.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 01:35:14 am »

Ptw.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 01:46:58 am »

Died? It's only been 2 days. I'm waiting for last action to be posted.

CRAP! That's 9... so everyone's been waiting on me. Okay, tomorrow I'll roll you guys.
Oh HugoLuman. One thing you need to know about us here at RTD is that we are paranoid as hell regarding games dying; we've all seen good games, games that had a lot of potential, starve of neglect. So we either become annoying insects bugging the creators to update, or bitter and cynical.
Sig! Onol

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:18 am »

Bitter and cynical matches 1984 quite nicely :D

I suspected as much, due to what seems to be the fast-paced nature of these games. But I handled the fever-pitch insane posting whirlwind of my first major RP thread in its heyday, so I guess I'm up for this.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:01 am »

I remember roll to roll to dodge die  :'( and demon hood and some other madness die because of the GM stopping updates and disappering
My Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:58 am »

Bitter and cynical matches 1984 quite nicely :D

I suspected as much, due to what seems to be the fast-paced nature of these games. But I handled the fever-pitch insane posting whirlwind of my first major RP thread in its heyday, so I guess I'm up for this.
A free form RP? Not near as slow as this, methinks. Check out LAFOTM if you want to see us in a real frenzy.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 01:59:48 am »

I remember roll to roll to dodge die  :'( and demon hood and some other madness die because of the GM stopping updates and disappering

Has Demonhood's GM even been on bay12 at all since?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7