Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zombica: A Zombie RTS  (Read 7254 times)

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombica: A Zombie RTS
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:01:29 pm »

What is Zombica?

Zombica is a Zombie RTS that focuses on survival after the zombie apocalypse. Players will be focused on the construction, maintenance and expansion of their haven. Below are some key features of the game:

- Players have to manage both simple worker civilians as well as leaders who have special traits and abilities.

- The perimeter of the haven is a point of constant contention with the zombie infected. Players will have to design, build, and maintain their perimeter to protect the haven.

- Survivors will need to be fed, sheltered and provided with healthcare to maintain their morale.

- Most of the materials that players will be collecting will be based on salvage obtained from the environment. From building materials to food to tools to weapons, players will need to set up repeatable and efficient systems to get salvage from the surrounding areas. Those items that are not salvaged might be collected from nature, grown, or obtained through crafting.

- Crafting and manufacturing will allow players to create and upgrade items to enhance unit's abilities and strengths. This is accomplished at a high level utilizing manufacturing facilities that are manned by civilians.

- Securing additional territory from bandits and zombies to expand the safe zone requires careful planning and resourcing. And with a persistant day/night cycle you'll have to make sure that advance warning systems to alert the haven of attack are set up.

We're still in the development prototype phase and are looking to launch in late 2013. If you have any feedback or want to check out the website feel free to check it out: www.zombica.com. We would love to get your feedback on our Fan Forum and through our polling system. We look forward to bringing you an awesome zombie survival experience.

Cheers,

The Doctor

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombica: A Zombie RTS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:11:07 pm »

Lol. Indeed this is an actual person and actual project that is in development :) I apologize if I seem "botish". Thank you for the welcome!

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:14 pm »

Been looking for a game like this for some time.  This bears watching  :D
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »

Sweet! You will be happy to know that Bears will be in the game as a predatorial animal that you'll have to fight as well :)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:45:08 pm »

We demand a link to a dev blog, screenshots and possibly a video or two.

Other than that, sounds great, welcome aboard mate.

Fake edit - totally missed that there's a link in there.

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »

Yes yes yes. We above anyone want to see a video of the game published. But there is a strong desire to represent the game as at least roughly what it will be. So far the dev blog is what we have, screenshots and videos should be coming over the next month. We're trying to line up that with our marketing efforts that will be kicking in at the start of our Kickstarter campaign (and yes I know everyone uses Kickstarter these days :))

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:21 pm »

Sounds a bit like a realtime version of "Rebuild" 1 and 2.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

There's been a distinct lack of Zombie RTS's on the market. You've got my interest.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

Sounds like a great concept. Would be great to see some videos when the game development reaches the stage at which you can showcase the features.

So bears are going to be in the game, what about zombie bears? Will I be able to play as Bear Grylls and run a show called Man vs Undead?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

I think Bear Grills: undead survivor is going to have to be an achievement in the game. We'll create a special npc character that you can rescue that grants the achievement.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:45:51 pm »

Sounds interesting...  watching.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:23 pm »

I think Bear Grills: undead survivor is going to have to be an achievement in the game. We'll create a special npc character that you can rescue that grants the achievement.

Classic. Please make him drink his own blood and eat his own brain.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 04:09:32 am »

Was going to textually yell at you, but this actually sounds like my kind of thing.  I await pics/videos.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 05:32:43 am »

You should have the rivers all contain deadly zombie-carp. Who can crawl onto land.

zombica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:57 am »

Zombie carp :) that is a very unique idea. We are going to have hunting and fishing in the game so it is possible. That would be kinda creepy though I'm not gonna lie. Of course this is a game about surviving the living dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3