Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 263202 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #585 on: February 28, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »

Factorio is impressive in what people think of it after playing. People seem to either have no interest in it and don't buy it in the first place, or, more likely, seem to absolutely love the game after buying.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 28, 2016, 05:25:40 pm »

Well Factorio is this weird "Eggman" simulator where you build your sprawling machine empire while fending from the silly locals who get progressively more angry at you polluting the planet.

it's a min maxers paradise and lets you build enormous complexes without the limitations you get in minecraft.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2016, 12:54:34 am »

This game is kinda cool.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:36 am »

So apparently this is the highest rated game on Steam now.
https://steamdb.info/stats/gameratings/

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #590 on: March 03, 2016, 02:49:54 am »

As Alway reassured me, when I switched to Endless and (because I'm a filthy scrub) enabled Peaceful mode, it is quite fun. I should probably enable the biters because they are an important part of progression & automation, according to adwarf, buuuuut....

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 03, 2016, 02:58:50 am »

peaceful doesn't disable biters, only biters attack, for progression you're fine as the alien artifacts only drop from nests anyway

if you wish a more relaxed play style you can check out my other mod

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6433

it's a middle ground between paceful and biter progressing that is tied to your pollution level and not to time, so you don't get the pressure to ramp up early and have to keep ahead of enemies

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2016, 03:19:25 am »

If and when I restart or decide to enable biter attacks, I'll install that mod!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2016, 04:03:59 am »

by that time they would already have an evolution factor too high, they get stronger and better over time and this mod only disable growth, doesn't change what's already there

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2016, 07:15:54 am »

Why did I forgot about this game? Now it's on Steam and it's 20€ instead of the 12.50€ when I found out about it here (I even bookmarked their page) Well, silly me! I got it now anyway, hurray!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:13:10 am by rumpel »

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 03, 2016, 12:07:47 pm »

This pleases me. Also look at Stardew Valley at #6. It has been a good time for games lately.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 03, 2016, 12:58:31 pm »

How many sales compared to the people that already bought and have experience and have still hung on through development and got a Steam key out of it?

kovarex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 03, 2016, 01:58:38 pm »

I'm waiting on the Steam multiplayer support. As it stands, I can't connect to my friend at all. Sure, I could use hamachi, but that hinges on it deciding to cooperate which it has yet to do.

That will come in 0.13, but it will take months.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #598 on: March 03, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »

So, I got this game.

I'm waiting on the Steam multiplayer support. As it stands, I can't connect to my friend at all. Sure, I could use hamachi, but that hinges on it deciding to cooperate which it has yet to do.

In the meantime my singleplayer endless game's going pretty well, given it's only my second one and my first lasted 2 hours. The main issue I've reached is electricity, really. I need something better than the steam engines and solar panels I presently have.

Yeah, it's a pain that harkens back to the early 2000s... but it will work if you port forward UDP port 34197.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 03, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »

So, I got this game.

In the meantime my singleplayer endless game's going pretty well, given it's only my second one and my first lasted 2 hours. The main issue I've reached is electricity, really. I need something better than the steam engines and solar panels I presently have.
Either build more of both, or rearrange them to be more efficient I guess. (Or remove some radars if they're running, that'll free up some power)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76