Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 263321 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2013, 11:39:18 am »

I am awful at this game. Just awful.
I don't think that building factories while being attacked by annoying monsters is within the range of my skills.
Play sandbox mode. (or freeplay with lowered/no enemy base amounts)
What's the difference between sandbox and freeplay?
Sandbox mode has no player character.
So how do you play? Just kind of have the parts go down with your hand-of-god type thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2013, 11:43:52 am »

Basically, yeah. Wasd goes from 'move person' to 'move camera', and you can open anything within view.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:19 pm »

I'm liking this game, but find the campaign difficult.

I managed the first mission (where you need to fetch an artifact from south east, after clearing some aliens), but the one after that kicks my butt while i'm around 50% through flying research.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2013, 04:25:51 pm »

I managed the first mission (where you need to fetch an artifact from south east, after clearing some aliens), but the one after that kicks my butt while i'm around 50% through flying research.

I havent gotten past the first mission yet.

I find its lack of progression to be annoying. Like, I've gone in there, blown up turrets, and building but the Creepers number don't seem to really diminish.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2013, 03:30:56 am »

I find its lack of progression to be annoying. Like, I've gone in there, blown up turrets, and building but the Creepers number don't seem to really diminish.
Best creeper killer... flamethrower, believe me, in open field it WRECKS them, no more shooting one after the other when there is a mob at you, take your flamethrower out, burn most of them, switch to your smg once you thin them out. Like a boss.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2013, 05:10:28 am »

Just build your own turrets!

Once you crack the game the difficulty goes down to about zero: You just need to set up 5 turrets and they can kill a whole wave without blinking

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2013, 06:41:35 am »

How you kill rocket turrets?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 03, 2013, 10:01:10 am »

With rockets!!!
Fight fire with FIRE!

kovarex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35:14 pm »

There is no convenient way to fight rocket turrets now (apart using armor and fully upgraded rocket launcher, or using car to smash the base down, or a train, or build just a lot of laser turrets in front of you, if you can afford it).

But once the game core is working better, there will be more ways for your factory to create products that will help you in the battle :)

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2013, 01:25:00 am »

Once you crack the game the difficulty goes down to about zero: You just need to set up 5 turrets and they can kill a whole wave without blinking

I don't think you actually tried the second mission i'm talking about :)
I have built my turrets of course, about 10 lasers and 10 normal , and a wall in front of them. THat's not enough.

What i didn't try yet is helping those turrets with a flamethrower. I have used it in the previous mission but had the bad surprise that you destroy your own buildings with it ! which makes sense but still ...

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2013, 05:12:03 am »

I must admit it's been quite a while since I played, so the difficulty could have gone up.

But clearly the solution is still MOAR TURRETS!

kovarex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2013, 06:46:50 am »

I don't think you actually tried the second mission i'm talking about :)
I have built my turrets of course, about 10 lasers and 10 normal , and a wall in front of them. THat's not enough.

What i didn't try yet is helping those turrets with a flamethrower. I have used it in the previous mission but had the bad surprise that you destroy your own buildings with it ! which makes sense but still ...
Were you playing on the easiest difficulty?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 04, 2013, 11:28:06 am »

So yesterday i was bored... i snagged an electric furnace mod... found out... the image was off and didnt have proper animation, i fixed it and now have a proper electrical furnace. For anyone interested i could post that *fix* somewhere. Fully integrated electrical furnace mainly based on the normal one.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 04, 2013, 11:46:04 am »

Interested

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2013, 11:47:39 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76