Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 263134 times)

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

It nerfs power generation, makes research much more expensive, and makes most production more expensive. The game is supposed to take about ten times longer.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2016, 07:06:16 pm »

Yeah, that does not sound like fun.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2016, 11:00:55 pm »

Sounds like the Gregtech of Factorio mods.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #633 on: March 20, 2016, 03:00:18 am »

I'd say it's more Infinity Evolved Expert. GTech actually adds things--it's more like say, bob's mods for factorio.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2016, 04:11:21 am »

Can anyone help me with setting up sulphur production?

I have a water pipe and a petroleum gas pipe leading into the chemical plant and the recipie selected, but nothing happens.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #635 on: March 20, 2016, 04:13:27 am »

I think you also need iron plates. Or coal. Or something.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:33 am »

Are you sure its getting pertol? The plastics factory could be eating it all before it can reach the sulfur plant. I had had issue till the plastic belt filled up from backlog.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #637 on: March 21, 2016, 07:27:36 am »

Btw, anyone know just how Factorio handles having thousands of items on the screen at once?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2016, 10:06:40 am »

By limiting the possible locations and simplifying data sets.  Basically they compress the information really well, making it manageable.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #639 on: March 21, 2016, 10:15:30 am »

More detailed explanation given in this particular Dev Blog: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-82

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #640 on: March 21, 2016, 11:25:35 am »

More detailed explanation given in this particular Dev Blog: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-82

Neat, thanks.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 14, 2016, 12:14:35 pm »

This game is interesting.

After three short-lived attempts to get some workflow, finally managed to find a spot with coal, iron, and copper within a few screenlengths of each other, a short walk away from the starting point.
 Realized that I have no rock pretty much anywhere nearby except a tiny outcropping way southeast, and water for power generation is also far away.
 Eventually got a resource operation up and running, set up a powerplant far to the northeast at a small puddle of a lake (powered by coal from a nearby small source). Built a basic automated research station, destroyed a nearby alien nest to prevent attacks (via turret creep).
 Rebuilt the research station a few times, automated green resource packs, expanded.
 Ran out of coal for the powerplant, instead of finding more coal moved the whole thing further north to an oil source next to a major body of water (took some figuring out).
 Ran out of the last rocks, no sources anywhere in reasonable distance on radar. Built a car, started loading up for an expedition to find rocks and have them shipped to the main base. Can't even build walls, which seems like a pretty big problem, but attacks are very few and small so far.

Research has been mostly an annoyance, popping up with a screen to select a new tech every once in a short while. Actually looking forward to running out of red-green research items.

Questions to the more experienced:
1) Do attacks pick up in intensity by themselves, or do I have to go further out to encounter bigger and more aggressive natives?
2) How the hell do I use circuit systems? What is their purpose? Couldn't manage to make them do anything useful.
3) Anyone know if there's a variant of the singleplayer campaign that starts directly with the tutorial? The campaign as-is turned me away by providing me with a starting base of a design I didn't make.

Having some amount of fun so far. Tinkering with logistics is surprisingly engaging, it's like a dynamic puzzle game.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 14, 2016, 12:16:35 pm »

If you pollute more, the attacks get harder. Thats how it worked last time I checked, but I might be wrong now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:06 pm »

polluting mostly just increases the frequency and size of attacks. Biter evo goes up because of killing biters and biter nests.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 14, 2016, 02:29:13 pm »

Biter also get stronger the more time passes, unless you get my no evo mod
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76