Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139290 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #570 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:55 pm »

Ask about his facial markings. Does he REALLY have the 3 star dragon ball in his head?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 02, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

If you collect Alteis and his siblings together, you can make a wish.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #572 on: April 02, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

They're GENIES!? :o :D
COLLECT THEM ALL!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 02, 2013, 03:05:31 pm »

COLLECT THEM ALL!
I suspect that he was giving us a belated April Fool's Day present.

Nevertheless, ask if he has siblings.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 02, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »

COLLECT THEM ALL!

When we find out they were tragically separated at birth, we'll all know where this game is going.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:07 pm »

COLLECT THEM ALL!

When we find out they were tragically separated at birth, we'll all know where this game is going.

Wait...

DO WE HAVE SIBLINGS?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 05, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

My guess is that yes, and also we're outcasts. Our past is probably hella tragic. Chicks dig that, right?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Blunderbuss: It's Sports Time!
« Reply #577 on: April 05, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

««« 28 »»»

Alteis gestures to the stone steps at the far side of the Temple, and takes a seat in the shade. You follow suit. At the bottom of a short hill, you see a 100-foot long, rectangular patch of sand marked off with ropes, which you assume is the Tenkor Field. It doesn't look like the players are ready yet.

ask if he has siblings.
Wait...

DO WE HAVE SIBLINGS?

You decide to strike up a conversation while you wait.

So, Alteis. Do you... have any siblings?

Brothers and sisters? If I did, my parents hid them pretty well! Heh. How about you?

I'm not sure. All the kids in my clan were raised together in a Creche House, so I grew up with about 30 kids my age. I think Neema had the same parents I did, if that's what you mean, but we never got along well.

Sheesh, that many kids in one house?

The people that raised us were professionals... that was their job.

Yeah, it would take a professional to keep a small army of toddlers in line. My folks had enough trouble with just me. We had a farm, but it barely grew anything. Mom figured that the Undermountain League had poisoned the ground, after they fought and lost to the Exemplarate during the Inquisition. Dad joked that some local Daemon of Harvests was just mad that the godless folk won, and was making us pay for driving the Dwarves and Kobolds back underground. Either way, we had a hard time growing food to feed the three of us, which is why I left for the Temple as soon as I was old enough.

So, you grew up in the Temple then?

That I did. Was raised by a bunch of stodgy old ascetics, on an island not far from here. Trained to be a Temple Guard. Studied the art of war and the forge, as an Aspirant.

Ask about the Aspirants- you mentioned meditations and lessons? What's that all about? Heck, what's actually involved in being an Aspirant? How do they make their living?

You keep using that word. What is an Aspirant, anyway?

You mean you don't know?

Well, I haven't been in the Exemplarate for long. There's a lot to take in.

Is that so! When you said you were a traveler, I thought you just meant you were in Dossent from out of town. Which... I suppose is technically still true! Heh.

Aspirants come to the Temples from all walks of life: merchants, soldiers, stablehands, tailors, and such. It's not really a profession, either. Most of us practice other trades. All that's required is to strive to be more Perfect.

You don't really mean "Perfect," do you? I mean, everyone's got flaws.

That's why we're called Aspirants. Perfection is just something we aspire toward.

Despite knowing that you'll never be able to reach it?

Well, of course it's impossible to reach Perfection! At least, it's impossible to do it in one lifetime. However, our spirits carry our experiences with us after we die, though most of us don't remember once we're born into new lives. Still, this means that with each rebirth, our spirits get a chance to become better in new ways... and a little bit closer to the Ideal, you know?

Is it one of those "the journey is more important than the destination" things?

You could say that. Though there is a point to the journey too. We're trying to become perfect enough to transcend this imperfect shadow-world, full of pain and death, and get back to the True World. The Exemplar here in Dossent could put it a lot more eloquently, though.

Talk with the man about his travels and what brings him to Dossent.

Speaking of journeys, you said you were a traveler too, right? What brings you here?

I left my position as a Temple Guard a few years ago. After that, I joined the Cartographer's Guild, and do work for them. Right now they're looking for some new talent, so I thought I'd check into some of the local Temples. First time I've been back to one in a long time, to tell you the truth.

So, you're with the Cartographer's Guild now? Map-making seems an odd fit for you.

The name can be a bit misleading. Sure we make maps and survey wild areas, but we also keep the roads safe, run supplies and messages between frontier towns, investigate local troubles when the authorities are tied up... all sorts of things.

Interesting. So you were a Temple Guard, and now you're a "Cartographer." But you never said why you left the Tem...

Hey, looks like the match is finally starting!

See the skinny Orc? That's Skandon. The guy has some incredible moves, just wait and see.

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:12:37 am by Solifuge »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:51 pm »

Wait and watch until dinnertime, then it's off to the fisherman's house. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »

Yeah, it would take a professional to keep a small army of toddlers in line. My folks had enough trouble with just me. We had a farm, but it barely grew anything. Mom figured that the Undermountain League had poisoned the ground, after they fought and lost to the Exemplarate during the Inquisition. Dad joked that some local Daemon of Harvests was just mad that the godless folk won, and was making us pay for driving the Dwarves and Kobolds back underground. Either way, we had a hard time growing food to feed the three of us, which is why I left for the Temple as soon as I was old enough.
It was the mans from below!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »

Closely observe Skandon, for we must learn his moves if we are to counter them on our glorious rise to Tenkor Mastery!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 05, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »

Wait and watch until dinnertime, then it's off to the fisherman's house. 
Also: Small chat!
...Chit talk?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2013, 10:45:22 pm »

Chit-talk with Alteis about the finer details of Tenkor technique.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »

He left the temple in a poor light-- he keeps avoiding the question. Should we prod him?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 05, 2013, 11:19:47 pm »

He left the temple in a poor light-- he keeps avoiding the question. Should we prod him?
I think it depends if we want to join his guild or not.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55