Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139420 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2013, 10:42:18 pm »

Vote: Priority 1: Get on the explosives job now. Be back in time for dinner.
Priority 2: Go to the docks and hang out with the fishermen. Remember: fishermen love a good hat, but they may mistake the feather for a lure.
Priority 3: Explore the town. Specifically, explore the market.
Priority 4: Stay Classy and gentlemen-like
Priority FUCK NO: Explore the seedy parts of town. Get our zero-combat-experience-ass kicked.
Fixed

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:49 pm »

#4 is just assumed.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 02, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »

I also vote against visiting the suicidal parts of the city.
I say the market or gardens if there is such a place.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:19 pm »

I'd rather not chance missing the dinner, so I'd say avoid both the bad parts and doing the explosives job tonight.  Don't wanna get stabbed/blow up and miss home cooked fish.
Nom nom nom

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 02, 2013, 11:17:25 pm »

Run the explosives today and inform our host we may be late for dinner.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 02, 2013, 11:24:59 pm »

Although, since we can get back this evening (especially if we jog the last bit home), we should be back in time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2013, 01:44:28 am »

Ever read a choose your own adventure book? You know how on some pages, there were those really obvious bad choices, ones that you were almost positive would end up in a bad THE END? The ones that you always marked the page you were on before flipping to out of morbid curiosity, just to see what happens?

The above suggestion is kinda like doing that... except in this situation, you don't have a page to flip back to.

Consider yourselves warned.
Oh man, I remember those, I always tended to notice that a lot of those choices linked to the exact same page from different parts of the book.

Anyway, do the job now or later? Tough question, but while the road is calling us I'd hate to disappoint on the dinner engagement. I say we leave it off til tomorrow, the explosives probably won't become more unstable on account of being left in a workshop all day and night. So let's just wander around town a bit, take in the sights. Maybe start by exploring the rest of the market?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 03, 2013, 04:51:55 am »

I say we haul it. The Fisherman would understand. Plus 30 gold covers literally all of our expenses of the day.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2013, 11:57:07 am »

««« 24 »»»

Anyway, do the job now or later? Tough question, but while the road is calling us I'd hate to disappoint on the dinner engagement. I say we leave it off til tomorrow, the explosives probably won't become more unstable on account of being left in a workshop all day and night. So let's just wander around town a bit, take in the sights.

As much as you'd like to get started now, you don't want to risk missing dinner, and letting Brune down. You explain to the old alchemist that your existing plans can't wait, but that you'll be by to pick up the keg first thing in the morning. He seems a little disappointed.

They did ask for it as soon as possible, but I understand this is a sudden request to make. I can't imagine their need is so dire, waiting a day will make a whole lot of difference.

Melody, if you're heading to the workshop with that alembic, do you think you could show Maja the way? I don't want to get a late start tomorrow because he got lost on his way over.

I suppose so, sir. Come on then, newbie. Let's get going.

I sort of feel like what we should be doing right now is meeting interesting people, trying to pick up some more party members, whatever.
I say the market or gardens if there is such a place.

Following Melody, you leave the Hilltop Market, taking the main road back down to the Trades District. As you walk, you get to thinking about what you're going to do for the rest of the afternoon, and places where you might be able to meet more of the locals, or potential employers.

Hey Melody...

Lody. The old man is the only one who insists on using that name. I'm convinced he does it because he knows it annoys me.

Lody then. Are there any parks or common areas here in town?

What, you looking to lounge around for the afternoon? I thought you had some kind of pressing engagement.

I'm just wondering. I'm still new to the area.

Well, there's a courtyard in the middle of the market where folks gather most afternoons. Got a great old tree in the middle, and a few vendors selling things like meat-on-a-stick and Madavian frybread. There's also the Temple Garden near the Residential District. They say it used to be a shrine for cultists before the Inquisition. Now it's just an open-air temple, where people go to meditate and listen to priests pontificate about personal perfection and suchlike. Other than that, the Old Ship's Wheel Tavern is a place where the natives like to mingle with travellers. I heard there was a scuffle there last night, though, so Tormas is probably even more sour than usual.

Anyway, here's the workshop. I've got to take this alembic inside and see if I can't find an underling to clean it for me.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't be late tomorrow. Grenfeldon hates that.

With that, the elf disappears inside the workshop, leaving you to decide where you want to go next.

It's not a long walk back to the Market, where you could get something to bring for dinner tonight. There's also the docks, where you could see the harbormaster about doing some manual labor for the afternoon. That old Temple sounded interesting too, and of course there's the Tavern from last night...
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:10:11 am by Solifuge »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:28 am »

We ARE NOT going to that tavern. we got kicked out last time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 03, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »

>Go to the tavern. Apologize and possibly pay them back for our drunken antics.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »

Hmm, while going back to the tavern may be polite, it might be better to leave it off for a day or so so the tavern owner can cool off first.

Man, decisions, decisions, maybe hit up the market first and see if we can get some fruit preserves or something as present, then if we've got time try to go to the harbour and see if we can finish up with some day labour?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 03, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »

also, we don't have money to pay for any damages =x.

there's also a difference between not being an ass and self destructive altruism (okay I'm exaggerating :P)

lets go pick up some simple spices for dinner. if we can do that fast enough... maybe we can try that manual labour thing.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 03, 2013, 01:40:36 pm »

also, we don't have money to pay for any damages =x.
Eh, fair enough.
I still think we should go to the tavern though.
As a show of good faith and all that.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 03, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »

Hmm, while going back to the tavern may be polite, it might be better to leave it off for a day or so so the tavern owner can cool off first.
Agreed.

And yeah, find something for dinner in the market before seeing if we can run errands or something to earn some more pocket change.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55