Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139462 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Sugges\tion Game
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2013, 06:01:38 pm »

Who said she was selling anything?
...She's running a shop. Or working in one or something. It's kinda implied that a shop has things for sale.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Sugges\tion Game
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

Who said she was selling anything?
...She's running a shop. Or working in one or something. It's kinda implied that a shop has things for sale.

I think she's a rogue or just another patron of the market.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:16:27 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2013, 06:28:21 pm »

I'm willing to bet that the cat is actually running the shop. Also, it's going to be seriously afraid of us (or attempt to eat our face.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2013, 07:37:38 pm »

««« 21 »»»

EMERGENCY WIT FAILURE

COMMENCE DAMAGE CONTROL PROCEDURES
Apologize, and attempt a much less witty, simple joke. Such as the feather is only there so you don't lose your quill.  Then leave.  Don't give her a chance to respond, LADIES LOVE THAT SHIT.

You're not really sure you feel up to being witty right now. That last one kind of took it out of you. And flirting with this woman is also pretty low on the list of things you want to do right now.

That part about leaving, though? Looking pretty attractive. You take a tiny step backward, and start to formulate an excuse to be somewhere that doesn't contain quite so many judgmental stares.

Melody, dear... it looks like you're driving off the customers again. Are you driving off the customers again?

Of course not, sir. I just thought we could start offering complimentary lectures to help pull in the crowds. Today, it's about Gentleman's High Fashion, and how not to murder it forever with a bunch of plumage.

Oh? Then perhaps it's time I offered you a complimentary lecture on how you don't run my business! Speaking of which, have you finished flushing out that alembic yet? I'll need it for tonight's lecture.

I would have, but while you were busy with your morning nap, I was out buying kibble for that beast of yours. If he could just hunt for his food like a respectable cat, the glassware would be sparkling by now.

Well then, why are you standing around gabbing about plumage instead of doing your job? Get to it, and let me deal with the customers.

Fine, fine... but be careful, sir. He's murdered perfectly sensible headwear once before, and might have gotten a taste for it. There's no telling when he may strike again.

Shoo, I said!

As for you sir, a belated welcome. I would rise to meet you, but the day would be over by the time I could get out of this chair. If you would come closer, I'd be happy to assist you.

There, now we won't have to shout. I am Grenfeldon, senior lecturer on Alchemy and Natural Mysteries in Dossent, and retired Adeptus Major of the Grand Circle of Amroy. And I see you've already had the pleasure of meeting my assistant, Melody the purple-haired imp.

She's one of my best students, and unfortunately this old age has made her help increasingly necessary... much to the detriment of the both parties. I'm surprised she hasn't tried to kill me in my sleep yet.

Just biding my time, sir. Rest assured, each bedpan I have to empty is another nail in your coffin.

That's my girl. But here we are chatting, when this gentleman is in need of our wares and talents. What can I help you with, sir?

I can offer you medicines, such as antitoxins and remedies for pain and nausea, water purifiers, tindertwigs that spark even when wet, vermin poisons of several potencies, and more. And if it's information you seek, I have an extensive collection of printed materials for sale as well, from alchemy primers and star charts, to essays on mechanical principals and astral theory. We would have blasting powder for sale as well, but Council Law wisely forbids us from storing explosives here in the Market. If you're looking for any, you can purchase a voucher here, and pick it up at my workshop in the Trades District.

>

Spoiler: OTHER STUFF (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:08:15 am by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »

We might need a knife, just to cut through all of that snark.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »

No, actually, I think we need an Alchemy primer. Ask how much Alchemy for Dummies (a reference for the rest of us!) is.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

Lore:Magic check

Something's up with that cat, is it a familiar?
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:52 pm »

We might need a knife, just to cut through all of that snark.

Fun Fact: The relationship between Melody and Grenfeldon is directly inspired by my experiences in a university research lab. My ladyfriend and the doctor who ran the lab were like this every day... minus the part where one is an elf, and the other is an old man. Oh, and replace alchemy with hundreds of gigantic spiders.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:59:03 pm by Solifuge »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »

Ask for a Potion of Giant-ass Spider.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »

No request a potion of rampant growth and dump it in his spidercage
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2013, 09:23:18 pm »

Okay, bear with me here, but I'm going to be SERIOUS for a second.

Five tindertwigs, and five pre-packaged poultices with wraps for wounds, along with needle and thread for stitches if possible. All contained neatly in a bundle so as to fit in a single inventory space called, wait for it...

MED KIT. Also the twigs are a separate bundle.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:49 pm »

No, actually, I think we need an Alchemy primer. Ask how much Alchemy for Dummies (a reference for the rest of us!) is.

I vote for this.
Afterall, we wanted to learn a bit of alchemy right?
So let this intention be known to the elderly gentleman.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:55:52 am by Ultimuh »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

While Maja's is probably just smelling old man, mine is smelling a quest giver. Tell him how you're looking for a bit of work and ask him if he's got any errands he'd like you to run.

The goods sound very interesting and possibly very useful, especially the stuff like the blasting powder and star charts (in case we ever go sailing or something), but they also sound like they might be expensive, and we don't really have any income lined up for us, so I vote for being a bit cautious about buying things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

Lore:Magic check
Something's up with that cat, is it a familiar?
Sometimes a cigar cat is just a cigar cat.

While Maja's is probably just smelling old man, mine is smelling a quest giver. Tell him how you're looking for a bit of work and ask him if he's got any errands he'd like you to run.
The goods sound very interesting and possibly very useful, especially the stuff like the blasting powder and star charts (in case we ever go sailing or something), but they also sound like they might be expensive, and we don't really have any income lined up for us, so I vote for being a bit cautious about buying things.
Something like this, but work our way up.
Inquire about becoming an alchemy student and acquiring introductory alchemal texts.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2013, 10:37:00 pm »

enquire about an alchemy kit for gathering and combining reagents
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55