Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139343 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2013, 06:01:20 pm »

I still say we should try out our

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2013, 06:02:53 pm »

yes.
and lets not cut the hat yet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2013, 06:32:46 pm »

To hell with the hat, we have skill in polearm weapons, and are carrying a pole with no arm. We need to find a spear head for this stick.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

I still say we should try out our
Duh.

yes.
and lets not cut the hat yet.
Agreed.

To hell with the hat, we have skill in polearm weapons, and are carrying a pole with no arm. We need to find a spear head for this stick.
Wait a bit, not right now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2013, 01:31:52 am »

Our quarterstaff is a light-polearm though, I don't think we need to buy a weapon at all, its not like we're actively preparing to fight to kill or anything.
And alchemy in my opinion is ill-advised, considering that we have no training, and that we also don't have an endless amount of money, or even a job or any way to get ourselves more money. It would most likely just lead to wasted money and time.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2013, 01:33:07 am »

its not like we're actively preparing to fight to kill or anything.

What. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:21 am »

Oh uh. I just feel like we don't need to change our weapon anytime soon, is what I'm saying.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2013, 01:44:24 am »

Oh, and +1

It would be pretty cool if we were to increase our intrepid Flind's unarmed skill.  In case he I dunno, gets disarmed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:39 am »

+1 as long as its a harpoon tip so Maja can get revenge on that octopus and turn it into a particularly gross water skin.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

+1 as long as its a harpoon tip so Maja can get revenge on that octopus and turn it into a particularly gross water skin.
+1 or sell the octopus instead.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »

lets get a pair of spearheads that we can remove. sharp stick for when needed, staff all the rest of the time.
bonus if we can use them as throwing knives.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:09 pm »

««« 19 »»»

I vote we take in the smells using our

> PERCEPTION CHECK: 17 (9 + 8)
You take a deep breath through your nose, and start picking through the local smells.

With so many odors to sift through, picking them out of the crowded air will be a challenge. You're able to recognize a few familiar scents at first. Warm, dry earth under your feet. Wood, and masonry old enough that it smells like natural stone. Fabrics, leathers, and a human who masks his smell behind a floral perfume, which isn't strong enough to cover the smell of stale red wine. A Kenku, accompanied by the smell of musty books and parchment, with faint undertones of horses and dung. You catch hints of sun-warmed leaves, unripe olives, and burning lantern oil from somewhere nearby. You smell a wide assortment of people as well, but none that passed this way recently smell familiar to you.

Thank the shopkeeper for his time and head east to a different part of the Market.

You suppose it's time to explore the interior of the Market, since that's where most of the activity seems to be going on. Besides, the sun's getting high in the sky, and the new cape and hat aren't exactly making it cooler out. After thanking the shopkeeper for his help, you make your way into the building.

I suggest that we use our racial skill of sniffing, and use it to locate something akin to alchemists or doctors.
If alchemy as an art exists in this setting, its to possibly buy some things that could be used in medicine, considering that we do have medicine as a minor skill, and it could be worth it, getting some first aid materials if emergencies happen.

Though you can and have scrounged up materials for basic splints and bandages when necessary, a proper medical kit from an alchemist might be worth looking into. Never know when you might need to put your medical skills to use. After a cursory whiff of the air, you catch an array of chemical smells that could be from some sort of salves or elixers. Using your nose as a compass, you head off toward the source of the smells, weaving past various shops and shoppers. As you get closer, the smells grow stronger, and you begin to pick out other nearby scents as well... most notably a sickly-smelling old man, and a young woman who seems vaguely familiar...

Oh, I feel a swoon coming on. Someone call the guards, for this dashing dandy and his fanciful cape have stolen the very strength from my knees.

And that's not his only crime, either. Seems he's gone and betrayed a fine hat by stabbing it with some kind of feather-duster. Haberdashers everywhere shall mourn this day.

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:04:32 am by Solifuge »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2013, 06:19:06 pm »

Get upset by insult to hat, lock pinky in that closet, Buy medical supplies from the old man
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:34 pm »

Let's not be a jerk >_>  We can take a little ribbing!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »

Explain that we got the hat like this and why we think it looks good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55