Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82

Author Topic: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!  (Read 55257 times)

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:31 pm »

"Agreed.  It seems like we are the chosen group to fulfill the rumors, and it seems that this gentleman has chosen rather wisely.  Granted, I do not know everyone, but I can see some details that confirm his selection process.  If everyone else is willing, I am as well."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 11:06:04 pm »

Aye, I'll go as well. Where there is treasure, where there is magic, where there is power, there is sure to be evil to seek it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:00 pm »

Sigh. Why me.

"Listen, I don't know why you think any of us would be made for the job, but I can tell what you want us to do. You just mentioned a discovery, so I think I'm on the right track when I assume that you want us to explore the place where you expect this treasure to be. But first, I'd like some questions answered. Namely, who, why, what, where, and what again. Who wants us to go there, why do they want us to go there, what do they think is in there, where is this place, and, most importantly, what is in it for us?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »

Josen smiles at this. "Right ye be, he conquered many lands, looted them, and hid the whole bloody lot under his tower. Nobody every found an entrance into the catacombs...until I did a few weeks ago during a storm. I took shelter in the ruins to wait it out, and the violent winds tore of some overhanging stone from the remains of the tower and sent it crashing down(and nearly killed me!), tearing a hole in the ground. Since I'm not as sturdy as I used to be, I decided to hire some tough guys like yourselves to go in and find the treasure. The deal is that you get half of whatever you find for yourselves, and I get the other half. And just so you don't get ideas, I had a wizard friend who owed me a few favors magically hide the hole, so only I know where it is. So, we have a deal?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 11:15:22 pm »

"Just for everyone's protection here, who's to say if we give you half?  I mean, I can only speak to myself when I say I can oblige, but what guarantees can we make that this group will not be accused of being less than honorable should you feel that you have not gotten your 'due reward' and vice versa?  I don't want any hard feelings on either side of the spectrum just because one side feels they did not receive what was expected."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 11:16:04 pm »

Doing some headmath. Not counting Josen, there's 6 people on the table. Assuming that these are all the people he wants to hire for the job, that would be a twelfth of the overall income. More if somebody dies. Nothing if that somebody is me. On one hand, you only live once. Maybe twice, if you're good friends with a cleric or can afford it. On the other hand, I'd like that once to last as long as possible. And everybody worth their salt knows that when a group of people goes out for adventures, there is a good chance of one oft them dying.

Maaaybe I could try to persuade him to let us have a slightly bigger share of the swag.

"Right, right. He has a point. Also, you know, you're kinda expecting a lot of us here. You get six times the share that either one of us here does. And, I don't know about the others, but I could imagine that it will be dangerous, or otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with us. I'm not sure if I'm willing to work for such a small share of the loot."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:19:09 pm by Darvi »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 11:19:06 pm »

well, roll diplo if you have it
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 11:20:20 pm »

Do I have it? Oh how do I have it.

I use inspiration to boost my Diplomancy for the rest of this "encounter".

[14]+26=40

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:24 pm »

Mad diplomacy. We win all the loot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:35 pm »

TBH I coulda probably saved my inspiration point but I wanted to be sure that I got at least 30.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 11:35:01 pm »

....well I asked for it I guess. Ok, so he's now your devoted slave...just kidding! But seriously, he's now much more friendly, and does see your point. He'll settle for a quarter of the treasure, and being well known around these parts, he'll also put in a good word with several merchants, who might just give you discounts now. As too the other point, he's thought ahead and brought a magically binding contract for all of you to sign, stating your reward for completing the task and the punishment for reneging on the terms(mainly a very high level planar being will came after your asses and smite you, and he won't stop until he does so)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2013, 11:36:52 pm »

....well I asked for it I guess. Ok, so he's now your devoted slave...just kidding! But seriously, he's now much more friendly, and does see your point. He'll settle for a quarter of the treasure, and being well known around these parts, he'll also put in a good word with several merchants, who might just give you discounts now. As too the other point, he's thought ahead and brought a magically binding contract for all of you to sign, stating your reward for completing the task and the punishment for reneging on the terms(mainly a very high level planar being will came after your asses and smite you, and he won't stop until he does so)
How high level exactly? What would we need to smite it?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »

Ummm, lets put it this way; you'd basically need direct divine intervention to not die horribly when the being from the plane of Law comes after you

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »

Uhm... uhmm....uhmmm... I'll take it?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2013, 11:42:15 pm »

Ummm, lets put it this way; you'd basically need direct divine intervention to not die horribly when the being from the plane of Law comes after you
Yeah but if we got some scrolls together, several for each of us...
This is a bad idea, isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82