Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82

Author Topic: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!  (Read 55221 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »

"Not a problem for me- you'll probably be better company than most of the groups I've worked with, anyway. Full humans don't like being around us part-orcs too well."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:31:39 pm »

"So it's an accord.  Might I have your name?  Otherwise I'll be forced to address you as Orc, which I find a bit discourteous."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:40:42 pm »

"Kenath Mayre. Pleased to meet you, and may I return the courtesy of asking your name so that I don't have to call you 'Dragongnome' to get your attention?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:31 pm »

"Oh, I thought I had given it already?  I must've been mistaken.  I am Druce, Druce Shadowbreather.  At least that's what I am going by for now.  Us whispergnomes think names are as disposable as parchments.  But it is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

Meanwhile, as he two spoke and began generally to become friends, a strange dwarf, with red skin and blazing hair, was in a debate with the bartender.
"I'm telling you, there's no way that the Kamiri army could've won. Regardless of what you heard, they had too little support and supplies to last a protracted battle." Replying in an annoyed fashion, the bartender spoke. "It wouldn't have been a long battle! They could have charged and wiped out the Renyans, if their cavalry hadn't abandoned them!" Shaking his head, the dwarf got down from the bar. "You're wrong. Plain and simple. But your ale's good, so it's alright."
The dwarf proceeded to order another flagon of said ale, and sat down at a table near the middle of the room.  With the war over, there wasn't much for him to do, especially up here with the surface dwellers. But he couldn't exactly go back home, and he was running out of gold...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:19 pm »

Alecks entered the inn, wearing his green tunic, drawing more than a few odd looks from his...stranger features. Well, this wasn't the first time his reception was chilly at first. A few minutes and they'd be much more friendly...if he cared enough. Right now, he needed money, and that's about it.

Alecks walked to the middle of the common room, more or less, and glanced around. He saw an orc and a gnome talking and approached them. Surely such an interesting couple of people would be a good pair to know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:35 pm »

"Well, you are an interesting one.  Please, have a seat.  Tell us your story, if you like.  Odd for one to get more weird looks than I, but you shall receive no ill will here.  My name is Druce."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 10:40:20 pm »

"Hello, Druce. My name is Alecks. I don't think there is much to be said about my old life; I was weak and wanted to be strong. I have succeeded. Now, I'm travelling the world, trying to make it a better place whilst gaining more power. Sometimes those goals are switched; I don't really have anything specific in mind. You?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 10:48:34 pm »

"Well, hard to say really.  I've traveled around, looking for my place in the world.  People kept pointing me to religions of different sorts, but nothing they showed me really clicked.  Than I met an old Silver Dragon.  For some reason he took the time to talk to me, once he figured out I wasn't trying to rob him, and he told me how he thought of life.  Find a place worth living, a place you would be willing to die for.  Then you get strong enough to make sure you never have to.  So I figured I would get strong while looking for a place worth living.  Seems to be working for me so far.  Hope it continues the same way."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »

"Ah, another comrade for our table. Nice to meet you, Alecks. The name's Kenath."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »

"Greetings, Kenanth. What brings you here?"
Sig

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

Wandering. I left my position in a mercenary company not too long ago, and have been looking for purpose and work for a while. I heard about the whole catacombs deal and figured I might as well be there to finish the job someone started way back then."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 11:30:57 pm »

"Intriguing..."

((IC, have we heard about the catacombs?))
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »

Renark's ears perked up. He had incredible hearing, and could in fact make out every conversation on the tavern...in a few cases to his dismay. But this one...standing up, laying the money he had bought the ale for, plus a silver coin as a tip, he walked over to the table.

"Did I hear the lot of you sky-lovers talking about catacombs?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 06:05:40 am »

Meanwhile, Sir John is scanning the crowd, looking for signs of wrongdoing. Spotting a suspicious looking human in the opposite corner of the room, he stands and strides over.
Be ye friend or foe of the light? For it is my duty to destroy all evil, that the world might be purified.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82