Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82

Author Topic: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!  (Read 55202 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »

Off Topic Thread here

Ages ago, there was a mad wizard-king by the name of Kyrshtak. Many tales were told of his bestial cunning and his almost inhuman cruelty, as well as his arcane might, said to rival the power of a god. Eventually, several small kingdoms banded together and crushed his armies and mystical beasts, and razed his tower-keep in an orgy of destruction. Thus ended the reign of one of the cruelest tyrants known in history, his castle a crumbled ruin left as a monument to the rewards of greed and hatred.

Many adventurers and explorers over the years have combed through the blacked ruins, hoping to find a shred of Kryshtak's fabled treasure that he amassed through his conquests, though nothing has ever been found. Indeed, many scholars believe the treasure was divided up among the victorious armies that defeated him, though the rumors of the lost catacombs of the tower, and the treasure rooms that they contain, persist to this day. Many thought they were merely legend....

Until one day, a simple traveler took shelter from a sudden storm among the scorched stones of the keep. The fierce wind and constant lightning made him fear for his life, and as he huddled a massive bolt struck the remains of the keep, sending stone tumbling to the ground right at him! By luck or intervention of the gods, the stones missed him, and tore open a hole on the ground, revealing that the lost catacombs of the Tower of Kyshtak were not a legend after all. Being a simple traveler, he was not keen on exploring, so he sent out the call: whosoever can navigate the ruins, find the fabled riches, and bring them back to him shall be rewarded with a share of the gold, and fame beyond measure. Many adventurers have answered that call and have gathered at the Merry Dragon Inn in the nearby town of Grandstone, trading center of the Highlands and the closest city to the tower. You are one of those who have come braving danger for a chance of untold wealth and fame......
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:18:15 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(PBP 3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) In-Topic!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

Let the adventure begin! We shall venture forth to smite the horrors of the tombs!
(Watch Post)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »

Ok guys, post IC an introduction of your char sitting in the inn doing whatever while he waits for the guys who posted this job to get here
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »

I stride forth into the inn, brandishing my warhammer and scowling suspiciously at the occupants. I order a flagon of ale, then take a seat in the northeast corner of the tavern, back to the wall, and sit down to wait, muttering something about the light guiding me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:57:19 pm by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »

((Are we all in a group?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 06:56:39 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:57:34 pm »

My character, not having any immediate plans for the future but for a stiff srink, is just sitting there. In the corner. On his own. With his hood over his eyes.

He's also wondering why nobody has come over to him yet to take his order. Huh.

((Are we all in a group?))
I think so.
Aaaand now we're not.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:05 pm »

You can be, it's up to you guys. Or you can be lone adventurers that happen to fall into a group by taking the same job

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:59:15 pm »

I would be lone, myself.
OOC: I wave at my corner buddy.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:01:34 pm »

Druce sits in the back of the room, unarmed and unarmored.  Despite that, he seems almost at home with a bunch of rowdy mercenaries and adventurers.  Most seem to give him his berth, noticing a gleam of silver scales and reptilian eyes.  And the wings don't help much either.  He finds it rather amusing, and occasionally will  move a man's drink a little further away from him.  After all, what good is a charm if you can't have a little fun with it?

He looks down at the stool he's sitting on, meant for a human or half-orc apparently, as his legs barely reach past the edge.  He watches intently, making sure everything is going as anticipated.  He wonders when the festivities will start, whether it is the job or a drunken bar fight.  Either would be fine with him, as long as the fighters kept their distance while he enjoyed his drink.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:15:41 pm by germaina »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:06:05 pm »

I gotta go run some errands, so I'll be back on in a few. You guys continue posting and meet-and-greet and I'll move this foward when I get back

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:08 pm »

Kenath walks into the inn, his sword in its scabbard and his shield and bow slung over his back. Noting the somewhat strange looking gnome sitting with a wide berth around him, He pulled up a chair at his table- he had been alone in a crowd before, being a half-orc.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

"Good morrow.  Few find themselves comfortable in my vicinity.  I could have sworn I bathed last week, but no matter.  How fare you these days?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:01 pm »

"Not too bad myself. I was wandering around these parts, and heard something about catacombs from a passing traveler. Turns out some old tyrant used to have his keep around there, so I figure that if there's any business to finish, I might as well be there to finish it."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »

"Heard the same tale.  Name's Druce, for now.  Figure I'll keep that a while, at least till the work is done.  I reckon a strapping orc like yourself prove himself irreplaceable.  I would like to propose a partnership, for the time being.  That is, if you are ok with a winged gnome flying and disappearing constantly."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82