Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Star Command (Android + IOS)  (Read 5537 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Star Command (Android + IOS)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

It was originally mobile only but they decided to double dip kickstarter on the pretense of making a pc version.  There's a pc version too
Shoes...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:48 pm »

Best twitter exchange ever:

Tweets from January 23rd, 2013

StarCommandGame January screenshots. Getting very close.

Stirfriday(a fan) can't wait for summer 2012

StarCommandGame Clever.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:29 pm »

Hmm looks like FTL, interesting
Make love not war

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:09:18 pm »

Best twitter exchange ever:

Tweets from January 23rd, 2013

StarCommandGame January screenshots. Getting very close.

Stirfriday(a fan) can't wait for summer 2012

StarCommandGame Clever.

That was DEAD on! and funny. But i do remember posting a comment like that on the kickstarter page, maybe somebody hooked it up on twitter or something.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

Guys this has now been released on App Store !
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

It's still not available for Android or PC.  I had high hopes but I've completely run out of patience for them.  The constant delays, double-kickstarter, the "we are aware of the media our target audience consumes" surrogate sense of humor, I've basically given up on the game ever coming out in a form I'll enjoy.
Shoes...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 04:18:37 pm »

It's still not available for Android or PC.  I had high hopes but I've completely run out of patience for them.  The constant delays, double-kickstarter, the "we are aware of the media our target audience consumes" surrogate sense of humor, I've basically given up on the game ever coming out in a form I'll enjoy.
/signed, i kickstarted it but now i kinda feel i should have wait and pirated it (figure of speech), i just hope in the long run it will be worth it and they wont *redigit disapear* when they will be done releasing if you know what i mean.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 04:19:16 pm »

Grr, and here I was excited it'd be out for Android. So much disappointment.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 04:42:35 pm »

Right now I'm going to say avoid this ! The combat mechanics are a bag of shit !

You have to charge your weapon.. Ok that's fine, why can't I fire ? I need a token and that's going to take another 10 seconds on top of the 20 seconds I waited for my weapon to recharge? Then I have to play some shitty mini game where I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing and just frantically tapping the screen which does nothing ( really it dumps you into a combat mini game without telling you what the fuck to do ) oh and if you fail the mini game you don't fire the weapon waiting like a minute just to be able to try and fail again at firing your weapon

The game is unplayable from the very first mission I can't even get past the mini game just to fire my god damn weapon...

I have restarted the game 3 times now in case I missed the combat mini game tool tips and I did not and its not me being stupid either the mini game is basically a picture of the enemy ship with some circles and other circles moving around with no indication on anything.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:46:30 pm by ScriptWolf »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 04:51:03 pm »

If i remember right the bridge produce tokens too. There is a lot of little tweaks here and there and to new comer it sure is hard, but once you mastrer the mini-games.... nothing can stand in your way really.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 04:57:12 pm »

If i remember right the bridge produce tokens too. There is a lot of little tweaks here and there and to new comer it sure is hard, but once you mastrer the mini-games.... nothing can stand in your way really.

It would not be so bad if the mini game gave feed back if you we're doing something wrong but there is nothing and you go about 5 seconds before it tells you to go do one. Right now it's impossible to master due to having no feed back on the mini game so I don't know what I have done wrong or right.

Also eh the token idea in my opinion is really fucking stupid why add another pointless layer of recharging which make no tactical difference and only annoys the fuck out of you because you forgot to press the button to make more "ammo" so there for must wait x amount of minutes just to fire your weapon which has been charged for god knows how long

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »

It would not be so bad if the mini game gave feed back if you we're doing something wrong but there is nothing and you go about 5 seconds before it tells you to go do one. Right now it's impossible to master due to having no feed back on the mini game so I don't know what I have done wrong or right.

Also eh the token idea in my opinion is really fucking stupid why add another pointless layer of recharging which make no tactical difference and only annoys the fuck out of you because you forgot to press the button to make more "ammo" so there for must wait x amount of minutes just to fire your weapon which has been charged for god knows how long
Isnt there somewhere saying the combat was brutal? I think i heard that somewhere, but yeah i feel you. But to be honest the fight is all there is in that game so they pushed it up the limit to make sure player would waste LOTS of time on it to increase longevity, thats what i believe and please correct me if im wrong.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 06:03:30 pm »

seems like mac version is now out android soon no word on PC, and a patch update well at least it got to being out stage

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 02:04:13 am »

The game is nice but I really hate the showed down your throat irony in upgrades descriptions, doesn't make any sense and really clash with the rest of the game

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 04:25:02 am »

:D , are you joking for the mini games. They are not easy but you don't understand how they function? You just need to tap in right moment in three different type of mini games, i mean it's not complicated at all. Impossible to master duo to no feedback? Lol, funny on what people can have problems with.
Anyway here are some videos that can help you understand what you need to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AmGivVlOZq0#t=433s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b9vhhZrxvtA#t=246s
Pages: 1 [2] 3