Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Star Command (Android + IOS)  (Read 5532 times)

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Command (Android + IOS)
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »

Looks promising, but there is a ton of crap shoveled onto Android.  I have my fingers crossed.
Gameplay seems like it might be a cross between FTL and X-Com, which would be freaking awesome!
It's appears that it will be coming to PC as well as Android and IOS.
http://www.starcommandgame.com/home.html
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Command (Android + IOS)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:21:21 pm »

It looks like this is finally close to release. I was wondering if it would just be a scam after running two kickstarters.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:44:49 pm »

It will be interesting to see if it's bug free after all of the delays due to the programmer stating he needs more time to be sure there are no bugs.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »

i always took it for a scam, TWO kickstarts and around what? 5 missed release dates? There is absolutely no way this "duke nukem forever" type game will live up to the hype.

From what I gather it was supposed to release on the first, so I THINK that that is yet another missed date. so many I've stopped caring.

If I sound bitchy about it it's due to me having been gullible enough to pay into the kickstart in the first place.... in 2011.... that's over a year and a half ago for a product that is essentially vaporware/ has changed face so many times it's not really what they first announced it to be.
Poysky Productions

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

If you think this is vapourware, then you should take a look at how long Grimoire's been in development and its release date history. Or Age of Decadence (although at least that got a demo fairly recently and they never did promise a concrete release date). Like seriously, 2 years is nothing by indie "vapourware" standards.

How is it different from what was advertised in the first kickstarter, though? I can't remember that. I just remember thinking it was vaguely defined, but looking like an isometric FTL of sorts.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »

it went from turn based xcom combat to wonky mini game combat. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE for it to succeed and prove me wrong but something tells me that the diminishing returns on hype VS. time waited are synced right so that they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, I.E people will be waiting for "holy shit this game took 3 years to make, for a CELL PHONE GAME, it's going to be EPIC in scale." and get to, "whoa what a letdown" in about an hour.

Once again, HOPE I'm wrong, but let's just say I have a knack for these things, it IS my job after all :P
Poysky Productions

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:54 pm »

I am one of the backers and I am already not happy with the empty promises the developer has given. January 2013 release date has been missed, not even a frigging beta.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »

Yep, and this 1st of the month bullshit seems like they arbitrarily said it to appease the baying masses, now they are saying "we didn't specify WHICH month", wow that's some terrible PR
Poysky Productions

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

When I first saw it some months ago I thought "vapourware".  I wish I am wrong though, it could be quite a fun game.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:39 pm »

I paid for it in the second kickstarter, and i dont expect it beofre 2 year to be honest, i paid because i liked the idea, if its get done fine ill be happy, as long it gets done, the when i dont really care. Dont get me wrong, but i think since he keep sending updates once in a while i dont think it will be vaporware, as long updates keep coming i have faith. Sure not a lot of update but well, w will see
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:19 pm »

IIRC, the first kickstarter was without included game, only the windows one had a game key included in some donations.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:55 am »

I am playing SOOOO much Star Command. Totally all over it. It released all over RIGHT when they said it would, and it was awesome.

Then I woke up and remembered they are a bunch of liars, phew! For a second there I thought the world had gone mad!
Poysky Productions

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 12:11:50 pm »

You seem really inordinately angry about it, alexpoysky.  It sounds like it'll probably be out before the end of the month.  I'm not expecting magic, but it's the kind of game that I'll love if it isn't completely horrible.
Shoes...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 12:40:34 pm »

Thought this was a spambot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »

I can't look...

But is this the one where the crew walks around the ship and the walls can break?

Because I was interested in this but was kinda hoping it would be on the PC. Hearing it is not however makes me question if I should be interested...
Pages: [1] 2 3