Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: The Tower of Kryshtak(3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) OFF TOPIC:Waitlistings Accepted!  (Read 23699 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower of Kryshtak(3.5 D&D Dungeon Crawl) OFF TOPIC
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »

But considering the combat abilities of some celestials, it would be tough fight. And the pally and Keran might not want to fight it at all, or break the contract. Your local Lawful friends, at your service.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2013, 03:38:17 pm »

But considering the combat abilities of some celestials, it would be tough fight. And the pally and Keran might not want to fight it at all, or break the contract. Your local Lawful friends, at your service.
Depends. If the agreement is broken, the creature would come after me, which may trigger a Lawful Good rampage. Attacking the paladin automatically qualifies something as evil.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2013, 03:45:02 pm »

Attacking the paladin automatically qualifies something as evil.
Only Sith think in absolutes. Are you, sir, perchance, a Sith? Because that would also qualify as Evil, making you lose your precious class features.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »

Only Sith think in absolutes. Are you, sir, perchance, a Sith? Because that would also qualify as Evil, making you lose your precious class features.
No, my character believes he is the foremost servant of Pelor in this world. Therefore, an attack on him would be an attempt to undermine the noble work of Pelor, and only one who is evil might wish to undo the work of the noblest of the gods.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

No, my character believes he is the foremost servant of Pelor in this world. Therefore, an attack on him would be an attempt to undermine the noble work of Pelor, and only one who is evil might wish to undo the work of the noblest of the gods.
My character, on the other hand, is Lawful Neutral, so may not have the same triggers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »

Ah. Hubris. Which is a mortal sin. See you later, down here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »

So you see, the fact that I can cast lightning from my fingertips warhammer is purely coincidental.
(Mwahahahahahah)
Ah. Hubris. Which is a mortal sin. See you later, down here.
And that's pretty much my character concept. Murdering babies is okay if you think they might be evil babies.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2013, 03:52:51 pm »

And that's pretty much my character concept. Murdering babies is okay if you think they might be evil babies.
There is a plot hook in Heroes of Horror that might interest you...

I just realized that the feat that I took for my flaw is, in fact, homebrewed. SoI need to ask now and yadda yadda...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:39:13 pm by Darvi »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

no issue with it ffrom me, sounds like a nice fit actually
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:02 pm »

(...that prestige class that lets you give appropriate scales to the chameleon...)
Which one?
That expensive one here; twas linked among those on the fifth post.
Ah. (I didn't read all the PrC's yet.)

Two creatures of a certain CR are an ECL of two higher than their CR. Double it again and it raises two more. Add another 50% and it becomes one higher. Thus, CR 13.
I'm not disputing that, I'm disputing the relevance our EL has to what monsters we can defeat.
We have 50% more people than average. Therefore, we could take on a pair of CR 6 monsters, +50%, or 3, for an EL 9 encounter. That would be a better estimate of our capabilities.

...No. We'd be able to beat it, it's just that we'd have a rough go of it. An NPC party of 6 level 8 characters is still a level 13 encounter; in the sense that four level 13 adventurers should need to use about a fifth of their resources to beat them; aka, a pretty easy fight.
I don't believe this.
Even accepting that the numbers say what you say they do (and they don't), there's more to it than that. 2^10 orcs aren't a major threat to a tenth-level party, and no number of 1st-level characters can take down a great wyrm gold dragon.

Oh, and Alecks isn't going to help against an inevitable. He's not suicidal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »

Me neither.

Hilarious how the only people who shows interest in killing an inevitable are LG, whereas the CN guys aren't stupid enough to risk it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »

Me neither.

Hilarious how the only people who shows interest in killing an inevitable are LG, whereas the CN guys aren't stupid enough to risk it.
We're the hero types, it's our duty to be suicidal.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2013, 05:20:01 pm »

Yeah, which is why in the DMG they don't make it more than 12 creatures attacking at a time for how it goes. I own the book. That's how it says. Are you saying that we'd lose to a group of 4 level 8 chars, a level 12 encounter?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »

Are you saying that we'd lose to a group of 4 level 8 chars, a level 12 encounter?
There would be a very realistic chance of that happening, yes. An encounter whose CR is the same as the party's level isn't meant to be equal in power, it's supposed to be defeatable easily enough without risking the death of any party members. Against 4 people, who have the same level as you do? You're going to be lucky if you lose less than two people in that battle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2013, 05:51:27 pm »

Yeah, which is why in the DMG they don't make it more than 12 creatures attacking at a time for how it goes. I own the book. That's how it says. Are you saying that we'd lose to a group of 4 level 8 chars, a level 12 encounter?
We'd have a good chance of loss, if the dice disliked us. Anyways, large group encounters are always less certain than small group ones...typically in favor of the smaller group. Just because it isn't officially unuseable until you reach a dozen combatants doesn't mean that the system is perfect as long as there's 10 or less to a side; the problems merely escalate. It's a sliding scale.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28