Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Macabre and fell moods  (Read 5775 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Macabre and fell moods
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »

I once had my baron in a fell mood make a spear out of a nearby ghost. :o I think that was before 34.11, though.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »

So, something like
"This is an exceptional dwarf ghost bone spear. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It has menacing spikes of dwarf ghost bone, and an image of cheese in dwarf ghost leather."?

Sweet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »

So, something like
"This is an exceptional dwarf ghost bone spear. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It has menacing spikes of dwarf ghost bone, and an image of cheese in dwarf ghost leather."?
Unfortunately not. It was just made out of regular dwarf bone.  :(
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 06:19:09 pm »

I once had my baron in a fell mood make a spear out of a nearby ghost. :o I think that was before 34.11, though.

He was a hipster Baron, and believed slabs are too mainstream?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

I had a dwarf bone spear made out of some poor random chuck too. I gave it to my Captain of the Guard. What better symbol of the law's terrifying power?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 03:32:50 am »

i wonder if you can have a dwarf ghost ghost.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 04:49:58 pm »

I don't think Fell moods are meant to be terribly common. I've only once had a fell mood and it was last release. Three year old kid grabbed his uncle and made an axe out of him.

Nobody really cared. I decided at that point that the fort had accepted its role as acolytes of armok and receivers of his bloody gifts. Due to this, I constructed 9 other bone axes, bone armor, steel shields and steel mail shirts for a new squad I dubbed The Elf Drivers.

These dwarves carried out the annual Running of the Elves, and I expected nothing else from them but training. By the time the elves began sending sieges, they were well practiced with their shields and could make mince of the invaders.

Curse all friends of nature.

On an unrelated note: I wonder if changing the mayor after a tragedy can cause a happy thought in dwarves?
Pages: 1 [2]