Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are a Mage!  (Read 6806 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Mage!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »

"Who was that that visited the town last night? What forces does Uordeth have in the area? Is he threatening to siege your town? Have you been attacked?"

As you ask your questions the man waves to you to follow and you both begin walking towards the center of the town where what looks to be a secondary wall has been made from barrels, carts, and the like. Walking in silence for a few moments until the man finally speaks up, clearing his throat he picked up,

"That ... thing you saw last night in the dreams is Uordeth, the demon king of the goblins, or it is at least one of his many forms being the snake he is. For forces we can't be sure, but I'd have to guess at least three of the smaller forest tribes, and one of the bigger mountain tribes from the looks of their banners last they saw us. As for the last two if the bastard wanted to siege or had attacked us we'd not be talking right now, he could break this town within an hour but he has delayed so long to try and avoid accidentally killing one of the children he demands we believe. We have at most three days before he comes crashing down on us, sadly I'm more than sure we will die when he does ..."

With that the man falls silence as he waits for a makeshift gate to open in the improvised wall, it was a sort of slab of stone with some runes and script wrote on it in a language that must have died out centuries ago. Inside you find the wall contains a dozen or so houses and the plaza you had saw in your dream, looking around you see dozens of faces looking at you from windows and alleyways.

The entire population of the town must be smashed in here you thought as the man lead you to a rickety looking inn on the far side of the plaza. Pushing his way inside the gruff soldier plops himself down in a chair worn smooth with use, looking around you find the place to be filled with books, papers, barrels of crude armaments, maps lining the walls, and everything you'd expect to find in a general's tent.

You can tell there is more to this man than you see as you inspect a sword hanging on the wall behind him, a thing that has seen many battles it seems from the dozens of cuts and scuffs on the scabbard, and a thing of some worth from the silver ravens that forms its hilt. Glancing up from a sheaf of paper covered in messy compact script the man stretches a tad bit before speaking up,

"Its a bit rude that I've delayed this long, but my names Omar, I'm the closest thing this town has every had to a mayor and Captain of the Watch according to those that have lived here their entire lives. And since I'm the one with the most influence around here I'd like to ask you to help us in the townspeople's stead, we are fighting a losing war and someone needs to take charge. Who better than a Mage of the Order?

We got three days to prepare, if your willing to help us, and lend us your some of your leadership then I can bring you up to speed on the entire situation otherwise I've got a losing war to plan."

You look at him for a moment, you can see a pleading look in his eyes and weary cast to his demeanor as he waits for your reply ...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »

Let's do it! That demon is going down.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 08:25:03 pm »

Bump cause moral choice needs more votes :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 08:26:30 pm »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Mage!
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »

"I'll help you and kill this demon Uordeth if I can, I am not the strongest of Mages but I will slay him. If I can be of help I will, but I'll need to know more of the situation."

You say and then watch as Omar begins putting papers away to pull out maps, small brown leather bound books, and sheaf after sheaf of paper till his desk is covered in what seems to be an orderly mess. Tapping his finger on one of the books he clears his throat and think speaks up,

"Well then looks like we got a long night ahead of us, I'll fill you in on everything I can from the village's defenses to population to armaments, let's just hope by the end of this we can survive ..."

With that said you begin to pour over the stuff on the desk guided by Omar as he explained various small notations on this paper, or marks on that one, or labels on the map. The first few hours you and Omar spend going over details of the number of people in the village, a total of sixty-five with the conscription having taken its toll, and the armaments available to them. The next few hours before darkness descends is spent going over the map as Omar indicates the location of the four known goblin camps not far from the village, one to guard the north, one the south, one the east, and one the west. It appears the only reason you lived to get here is the goblins innate fear of magic users from the Age of Heavens, when the gods so easily touched the world.

As you finish reading the entirety of the stuff on Omar's desk you sit back and take a look out the window to find night fully upon the village, dozens of braziers light the outer walls, and large bonfires burn within the makeshift wall. Attempts to remove the darkness so the Goblin Murkels won't be able to sneak in and wreak havoc within the village, you let out a slight sigh and begin to ponder what to do. Its quite clear you'll be spending the night hear but is more important is someway to make use of what you do have to prepare, time to plan or sleep you think as you sit back and ponder ...

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions/Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Village of Talinth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:58:19 am by adwarf »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

we should use encourage life on Omar to ameliorate his age in the morning/before a fight.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 10:22:15 pm »

we should use encourage life on Omar to ameliorate his age in the morning/before a fight.
This will work, but if you fail in making the spell work the first time you'll be unable to try a second time. Being a non magic user if you put to much magical power into him you could kill him with it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 11:00:55 pm »

Hmm. Could we use encourage life to make our minion stronger?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:16 pm »

Hmm. Could we use encourage life to make our minion stronger?
Yeah but it'd take a lot of work plus the more you use it on the guardian the larger he will become so he'll not be able to fit indoors (he can't fit in anything other than perhaps palaces, castles and the first floor of your tower as is :P). As you use encourage at life he'll get larger, and stronger but eventually it'll stop having an effect on him since Nature can't make a tree surpass its potential growth.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2013, 01:58:30 am »

Changed all positive ability colors to blue instead of green cause it looks better, and less confusing with the HP being the same color :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 01:46:24 am »

Bumpb for actions, sorry if I didn't make it clear but you can plan what to do for the rest of the day and the day after. And any plans/ideas/ suggestions you have for the coming battle you can give to Omar :)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2013, 01:49:26 am »

hmm. well, I guess we get a good night's sleep.

Can we get the townspeople to bolt some kind of armor onto our minion? So that it lasts better?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2013, 02:09:41 am »

hmm. well, I guess we get a good night's sleep.

Can we get the townspeople to bolt some kind of armor onto our minion? So that it lasts better?
Yeah, you could use the copper (which is weaker but you have alot more of it to spare) or the iron (alot stronger than the copper but you have so little of it) to make him the armor.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:07 pm »

Figure out a battle plan is our first step tonight.

Get the youngin's rallied around the old man. Have them keep him safe, and he'll keep them motivated.

Get them armored in something more than cloth. Give the old man the iron, and suit all the kids in copper.

Use what's left to bolster our minion and ourself.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6