Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Forum Game List: Hey People! We Got Games Here!  (Read 26954 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game List: Hey People! We Got Games Here!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2013, 06:30:32 pm »

I'd like to recommend The Second Galactic War by USEC_OFFICER. It's a stategy game where two teams of players battle with spaceships on a hex board, divided up into two different threads for the two teams.

I dunno... Here have this.

*Edit:* Just so you know I did this as a small thing for fun. I haven't read the thread in question and have no idea what it's about.

The deep void of space was an unexplored frontier. For untold centuries vast numbers of sentient beings dreamt of colonizing the stars. They dreamt of spreading their progeny far beyond the comprehension of the generations before. They dreamt of vast numbers of alien species whose wise council would bring new ideals and brilliant technologies to their own planets. They dreamed of a peaceful coexistence with these councils where all would be equal. In the end that’s all it was… A dream.

The first several years of the period known only as “Council” were a time where these dreams were fulfilled. Each and every species and planet gained multiple new technologies. Culture, ideals, designs, and medicine spread at a rate unheard of before or since. Unfortunately Council lasted only twenty years. Soon the first occurrence of political power-plays happened. This instance was followed by another. Soon the Council was no more. Their noble goal crushed under the weight of individual desire. The Council split into hundreds of thousands of smaller groups. The two largest began to eliminate their smaller kin through acts of extreme violence and inter-galactic weapons capable of destroying entire systems.

Now with only The New Council of Peaceful Integration [NEPI] and The Coalition of Inter-Dependent Planetary Systems [CIDPS] capable of inter-galactic flight the war that began eons ago is finally coming to a close. CIDPS and NEPI meet one last time in the vast vacuum of space with their fleets of destruction. Only one dream remains: Peace. Only one means to obtain it: War.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:44:58 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »

That has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, but it's so lovely I felt that I had to comment. Bravo, Nerjin.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2013, 07:00:49 pm »

That has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, but it's so lovely I felt that I had to comment. Bravo, Nerjin.

Thank you. I'm glad I could provide some amusement.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »

Alright, so...
While it is a RPG in a full sense of the word, I don't know if it's cooperative or non-cooperative.

It's based on a thing from Games You Wish Existed and is set in a Pokemon universe. So yeah.

IC thread coming when people sign up.
OOC thread here.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »

The list now once again contains sufficient amounts of update.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »

Rouler sur Eclaircir et Chanter: A roleplay using an elegantly simple system of dice rolls to determine the results of actions. Set in France in 1848 and inspired by Les Miserables, the players take on the roles of members of the Second French Revolution as they man the barricades or tear them down. Divided into three acts: One Day More, Night of Anguish, and Empty Chairs at Empty Tables. Will feature lyrics for unwritten songs made by your truly as well as some sporadic and badly-translated French. Multiplayer Semi-Cooperative Roleplay.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:07 pm »

Rouler sur Eclaircir et Chanter: A roleplay using an elegantly simple system of dice rolls to determine the results of actions. Set in France in 1848 and inspired by Les Miserables, the players take on the roles of members of the Second French Revolution as they man the barricades or tear them down. Divided into three acts: One Day More, Night of Anguish, and Empty Chairs at Empty Tables. Will feature lyrics for unwritten songs made by your truly as well as some sporadic and badly-translated French. Multiplayer Semi-Cooperative Roleplay.
I'm not sure if that's supposed to be in this thread, since it's a RTD.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2013, 03:45:44 pm »

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be in this thread, since it's a RTD.
Sh! I'm making people in the main FGaR thread aware of the game!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2013, 03:48:47 pm »

That's like advertising drinks in a forum about food...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »

I for one am disgusted by the blatant advertising of Whatever Wyrm's talking about. It's gripping story and high paced action made for adrenaline junkies and forum goers alike is absolutely irrelavent. The role-playing aspects, so expertly crafted, belong more in a RTD forum than in a forum about strict role-playing.

Shame on your advertising.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »

Has anyone heard of this RTD? I mean, it's not exactly meant to be in this area, but I think Great Wyrm Gold's game should be given a chance and put on the main list.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2013, 04:29:15 pm »

Oh dear. I'm not even sure who's being sarcastic about what anymore...I think that Nerjin's on my side, though...
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2013, 04:29:58 pm »

Oh dear. I'm not even sure who's being sarcastic about what anymore...I think that Nerjin's on my side, though...

It doesn't belong here at all but I'm sorta poking funs at both sides.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

Can you change the link of 'You are the head of a hydra' to this.  The game is going to be restarted, so the current thread is obsolete as a link.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2013, 02:26:46 pm »

I believe rapture has passed away. RIP
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10