Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xx Purge xX  (Read 3241 times)

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xx Purge xX
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

You might have a short grace period, but that might require that the dwarf has clothes to own. I occasionally strip dwarves of all their clothing and equipment, and they don't get bad thoughts immediately. Presumably this is because their dumped clothes will remain owned for a couple of weeks
This calls for some !!science!!

Quick, somebody put a full set of clothing in a dwarfs room, wait for them to claim it, and then lock the door...

Will they not get upset because they *have* clothes?
and
Will they not wear out their clothes because they're not *wearing* them?

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »

My countess only has 1 shoe.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 04:21:29 am »

IIRC DFHack can fix thoughts about being naked. I forget the command though...
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 06:03:43 am »

Fresh clothing isnt a problem - the used up clothing cluttering up every bed room and driving me to melancholy however is
Create a 1 tile large dumpzone somewhere whereit doesnt bother you, it must be the only active dumping zone.
Adn then designate those clothings for dumping. Once they are laying there and are forbidden you can remove 1 tile that dumpzone again.
Doesnt get rid of them unless you sell or magma them, but by then they at least dont clutter they fort.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 06:25:18 am »

Manually designate every worn out sock? No.

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 07:42:09 am »

Manually designate every worn out sock? No.

What I do is make a finished goods stockpile that accepts all clothes and refuse, and occasionally use dfhack to clear ownership on all tattered clothing.  Everyone will haul it to the refuse/clothes pile and they just kind of melt there.

I take it a step further by having all the clothes I actually want stay in the output stockpile of the clothing workshops that takes only from links.

You could just as easily have them automatically throw out all your clothes that aren't masterwork, too, if you mess with the stockpile settings and have a good enough clothier.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:46 am »

Or I could throw more bowyers down the troll pit.

The tantrum has started gentlemen. A planter is punching up the dining room.

htabdoolb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 08:13:17 am »

The best way I've figured out to deal with worn, dwarf-claimed used clothing piling up in bedrooms is to occasionally(say, once a year or so) set all bedrooms to be dormitories. If a dwarf doesn't have anywhere to store his or her extra owned clothing, then after a month or so passes they will revoke their claim on it.

The easiest way to take advantage of this is to make your housing arrangements in a uniform pattern, then record a macro of you changing one segment of the pattern to dormitories. If all of your rooms share the same pattern, you can save and reuse the same macro, toggling potentially hundreds of rooms to dormitories or back in seconds. Once the worn clothing becomes unclaimed, it will be hauled to your clothing stockpile, ready for reuse or disposal. Just remember to change your bedroom settings back so your dwarves can claim a room again afterwards.

Nobles can be easily irritated by this, but as long as you make sure that no common dwarf has a better room than your noble(s), you should be fine. I have had my nobles be perfectly happy with being completely roomless for extended periods of time, as long as not a single other dwarf has a room either.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 09:33:41 am »

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

The best way I've figured out to deal with worn, dwarf-claimed used clothing piling up in bedrooms is to occasionally(say, once a year or so) set all bedrooms to be dormitories. If a dwarf doesn't have anywhere to store his or her extra owned clothing, then after a month or so passes they will revoke their claim on it.

The easiest way to take advantage of this is to make your housing arrangements in a uniform pattern, then record a macro of you changing one segment of the pattern to dormitories. If all of your rooms share the same pattern, you can save and reuse the same macro, toggling potentially hundreds of rooms to dormitories or back in seconds. Once the worn clothing becomes unclaimed, it will be hauled to your clothing stockpile, ready for reuse or disposal. Just remember to change your bedroom settings back so your dwarves can claim a room again afterwards.

Nobles can be easily irritated by this, but as long as you make sure that no common dwarf has a better room than your noble(s), you should be fine. I have had my nobles be perfectly happy with being completely roomless for extended periods of time, as long as not a single other dwarf has a room either.

I dont want to sound ungrateful for all the tips, but this again is a lot of work. :(
At least setting it up in the first place.

dwarven public enemy #1: rotten cloth

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:55 am »

That's what DF is all about: prepare for [insert task] carefully or face the consequences later.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

All my dwarves are naked.
How long do I have?
You're already dead.

May i sig?
Go for it ^_^

That's what DF is all about: prepare for [insert task] carefully or face the consequences later.
Ftfyvm.

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:18 pm »

It's also all about modding.  Byebye clothes!

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

All my dwarves are naked.
How long do I have?
You're already dead.
Urist of the North Star?
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.
Pages: 1 [2]