Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46235 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 9
« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2013, 10:04:58 pm »

well this is interesting, i wonder how long these catacombs have been here... and more importantly where the hell is the exit?

search catacombs
Exit catacombs
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2013, 11:47:40 pm »

Detani raises an eyebrow and says "Alright... Don't get in my way and follow my orders. We're going to a town called Suomi, there's a tower there that used to have some necromancers in it, I'm not sure if they're still there or if they're gone, but either way it's a good base."

Let him come along.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2013, 09:11:07 am »

The tomb did not let me sleep easy. Nay, the image and the power that was there drew me to it, calling out to my desire and willing me to take control over it. I was overtaken with this feeling. But my iron mind had other plans for now. the Cabal had to be finally put together and reactivated as fitting. It did not go amiss that the place was devastated and library destroyed, as well as the reanimated ones that wandered the place. I had all the reasons for calling a meeting and putting down my foot on this all.

Call all cabal members in reach for a meeting in the tower.

Once everyone got together, I begun: It seems to me that we've been running around disorganized for far too long. It is time we organize and start creating plans for reestablishing our old power. We must restore our influence and stop scurrying around like rats! also, is it just me or are there some people missing? I assume that the peasants raided the tower, since my library seems to be destroyed and the entire place is in disarray..."

----------------------------
Action after the meeting....

"Helfd, could you get us a detachment of skeletons and other animated creatures we have? I need to go back to that tomb. I also want to ask you for help with this, if you are interested in any spoils.

Return to the tomb in the underground ONLY if Helfd agrees to help me. otherwise, practice raising of stone golems for myself if he refuses.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:44:42 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2013, 09:22:18 am »

Helfd only grunts appreciatively and starts gathering whatever undead aren't claimed by anyone.

Attend the Meeting. Afterwards follow Pazrizio with my Skeletons and any undead in and around the tower who have nothing to do and follow my orders.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »

Visit Suomi with the ghouls. Slaughter any stragglers in the city, look for anything valuable.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 17, 2013, 09:05:53 am »

"Well, now that We are together again , I believe that we should work on developing better defenses, lest this debacle repeat. I'll be working on that. Some form of Laborers would be useful for that. Zombies, perhaps? "
Jerik: Work on getting some defenses up around the tower.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:13:33 am by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:01 am »

"Well, now that We are together again , I believe that we should work on developing better defenses, lest this debacle repeat. I'll be working on that. Some form of Laborers would be useful for that. Zombies, perhaps? "
Jerik: Work on getting some defenses up around the tower.

"If you are up for it, by all means, do that .If you need help with anything or have any ideas as to move forward, do not hesitate to tell others."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2013, 02:15:05 pm »

Once everyone got together, I begun: It seems to me that we've been running around disorganized for far too long. It is time we organize and start creating plans for reestablishing our old power. We must restore our influence and stop scurrying around like rats! also, is it just me or are there some people missing? I assume that the peasants raided the tower, since my library seems to be destroyed and the entire place is in disarray..."

"A raid would be an understatement to say the least, and yes we did lose some people in the time you decided to wander off with half the tower to god knows where. If you had been around, or maybe given your complaints of disorganization been kind enough to inform the rest of us where you had run off to we might have been able to recall the rest of you prior ot the raid saving your precious library."

Sholan was annoyed more by the hypocricy of Patrizio's statements and honestly cared little of the loss of the library and the other tenants, "The library is a wonderful pile of ash," Sholan stiffled a joke about someone making Ash Golems, "Detani is missing, ran off as soon as there was even a hint of a raid headed for us. Some strange man showed up apparently and informed us there was a raid pending, I tried to broker a deal with the mayor of Suomi - it went poorly. He wasn't against it, but I think he was afraid of being murdered in his sleep by the townsfolk. While you were gone I lost an eye and an arm, cracked my staff, I think Samuel died in the raid, Jerik went missing afterward. No body was found, so I'm unsure what became of him..."

He thought it best to conveniently sidestep the disappearance of Maxine, no one had been asking about her and until they did - no need to add insult to injury. He informed those in attendance that the Draugr are defenders of the tomb below and, by extention, the tower itself. He cautioned that they may be on borrowed time and best left to sleep unless required.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2013, 02:24:40 pm »

"Oh, that sounds... unfortunate.."

I fell silent for a moment, looking over the failures we encountered and scattering.

"Well, no use crying over what we've done wrong. I think we need to start fixing up. Jerik took to rebuilding defenses, Roland is itching to scout out Suomi, and i suppose I can help you with your staff. I still got one tomb to explore, and Helfd will help me. Is there anyone else we've missed or can use help with?"

Using my experience from construction of my staff and using it for reference, help Sholan to fix his staff (tomb exploration postponed for now)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:26:30 pm by Ardas »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:25 pm »

"I'm right here, you know. The townsfolk, they thought I was one of them, and took me back to the town, where I recovered. And now, I've returned. So, before the raid, I was investigating the strange altar someone had erected in the tower, and then came the mob."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2013, 02:48:12 pm »

((My bad!))

"I apologize, but it's good to know you're still breathing," Sholan realized he needed to work on his observation skills these days, "One eye and all, makes it hard."

He handed over his staff to Patrizio, "You would know better than I how to repair it, I think it broke after an overload - we should look into better methods of creating these. It's a damn helpful piece of equipment, and stiffling to be without once you get used to it."

"The diary spoke of some ruins a distance away from here, once we're sure this place will still be here when we return we should check them out. From what I gathered the writer left them guarded though, but they are also potentially a better location to hole up in than this ramshackle tower. "

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »

Sounds worth checking out. We should look into it, although it would be a shame to abandon the tower. We have set up some amenities already, although I'm not sure if the peasants willl be back with backup.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2013, 07:18:29 pm »

Allow Patrizio to repair the staff - In the meantime, raise more zombies

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 10
« Reply #418 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57:09 am »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Ten: Stirrings of Unity
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people flee in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 300 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik, Sholan, Patrizio, Helfd
Jerik, with fresh labor...well okay some fresh labor, and plenty of time you set out to improve the defenses around the tower. This goes well, and the palisade starts to take shape under your patient guidance. (Palisade 45% completed)

Surrendering your staff to Patrizio, you head back to the storage rooms to raise more undead. Its a thankless job but someones got to do it. [1,1,?] For the first time your magic does not heed your call, instead it arcs and spews strangely across the room, grounding in the walls of the tower, causing strange shudders in the stonework. But nothing else occurs.

[5] You bend your experience and knowledge to fixing Sholan's staff. It is tricky work, but with the aid of your accoutrements you manage to fix the cracked jewel that is the focus of the staff. You then return it, in order to keep up this attempt at uniting the Cabal here.

Helfd, without much to do you end up investigating the crude altar. It is an interesting sight, fresh blood scrawled across the walls faintly thrums with an unfamiliar power. You can hear whispers and you feel vaguely unsettled in this room. But you can feel power collecting here. You just cannot currently discern its purpose or source.

---
Roland
Enough is enough. The dismal state of the tower is the final straw. Those in Suomi must pay for their intolerance. You round up the ghouls raised by yourself and Sholan and trek into Suomi. It is roughly midday when you arrive and the town is deserted. No smoke can be seen winding up from the chimneys of the various buildings, you check the more important places, like the inn or the town hall, nothing. Not one. You order your ghouls to keep the area secure while you plod around searching for anything of value.

[?] Alas you find nothing. But you didnt really have any ideas on where to look, apart from vague notions. Where you suspect the town treasury was held, is an empty unlocked chest.
---
Detani, Jim
[4] Jim calls forth his knowledge of Blood magic and before long the slain Suomi villagers stir and twitch and rise to their feet.

Together you then depart Weln after re-supplying. You should be able to make it to Norvak in 3 turns, should the weather hold.
---
Flint
[2] You spend hours exploring the Catacombs. You are thoroughly lost and found no means to exit the catacombs. You do note that there has recently been a collapse of some sort, perhaps that is blocking your egress.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The winter skies are calm for now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:33:37 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 10
« Reply #419 on: March 20, 2013, 07:04:51 am »

"Actually... there is one thing I need to check out. Come along if you wish, stay if you don't, leave if you like."

Go to the tower and look around. Try to scavenge anything of use from it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 68