Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46200 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 19.
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »

Hey az, try posting a turn before jumping into conversation you wanker!
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »

Satrus looks for the lone survivor of the massacre that ensued due to the militia's foolhardy decision to charge the tower without his consent or knowledge, for surely, had he known, he'd have accompanied them and the outcome would have been quite different, indeed. Fully aware of which if the alarm isn't put down here and then it won't be long until the Crimsom Order is called upon, he tries to gleam from the man what happened in the tower and, provided that Sholan hasn't succeeded and the town decided it'd rather fight the Cabal to the bitter end, tries to stir a mob to avenge their husbands and sons who died in that courageous, if reckless, charge. Though the militia may have failed, the did not have a real commander around, with Satrus amidst them, however, victory is the only possible outcome.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:48:43 am by Azthor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

Yeah ,sure , because you never did this:

-snip-
People do not like to be yelled at.
Ah, that.
That was when I was, you know, trying to make up for my wrongs while Cyber was seeming to act like I had been from Turn 1 to the present hindering or at best not even trying to help the Cabal. Which is part of why I'm angry.
Even if you did not mean it, that sort of is what you wound up doing in practice. Take our word for it and move on already; do you really think so many people would point it out if there wasn't a grain of truth there? Likewise, it is not only about what you do, but also about how you go about it, though you tried to make it up in your own way, you didn't ask the others whether they approved of or were not bothered by your approach to that.
So...
The fact that I found the first things in the crypt means nothing? The fact that I tried to copy books doesn't count as trying? Or do you think that I'm trying to claim I think I was never in the wrong despite my repeated statements that all I'm trying to say is that I wasn't always harming the Cabal and was in fact trying to help it when I got killed?
Do you understand why I'm annoyed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:43 pm »

Yeah ,sure , because you never did this:

-snip-
People do not like to be yelled at.
Ah, that.
That was when I was, you know, trying to make up for my wrongs while Cyber was seeming to act like I had been from Turn 1 to the present hindering or at best not even trying to help the Cabal. Which is part of why I'm angry.
Even if you did not mean it, that sort of is what you wound up doing in practice. Take our word for it and move on already; do you really think so many people would point it out if there wasn't a grain of truth there? Likewise, it is not only about what you do, but also about how you go about it, though you tried to make it up in your own way, you didn't ask the others whether they approved of or were not bothered by your approach to that.
So...
The fact that I found the first things in the crypt means nothing? The fact that I tried to copy books doesn't count as trying? Or do you think that I'm trying to claim I think I was never in the wrong despite my repeated statements that all I'm trying to say is that I wasn't always harming the Cabal and was in fact trying to help it when I got killed?
Do you understand why I'm annoyed?

You completly missed my point; it doesn't matter that you think copying the books was a way of making up for your mistakes, no one wanted you to copy them. There is something really wrong if you measure making up to someone by how you feel about it rather than by how the person you are trying to make up to feels about it. Listening to others goes a long way towards not passing off as obnoxious and is a healthy parameter for your whole life.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2013, 02:05:53 pm »

Okay then.
...What were they suggesting I do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »

Okay then.

Return the books, don't copy them, don't mess with library anymore and go do something else than "study in the library" all the time.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »

Okay then.

At that point? Returning the books so someone else can study them and refraining from studying for a while to make up for your holding up of said books. As to what you would do in the meantime? You are a void mage, by and far the most combat capable of us, you could easily have gone exploring, amongst other things, you need only put a bit of creativity into it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2013, 02:13:44 pm »

Funnily enough, once I felt I was ready enough to deal with various things that were tormenting you guys in the crypts, I was going to do that.

Then I got convinced to help "dig a hole" and got killed.
Sig

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

Funnily enough, once I felt I was ready enough to deal with various things that were tormenting you guys in the crypts, I was going to do that.

There is such a thing as being late to the realisation.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:00 pm »

Too little too late. Go through the turns and count the number of times you caused someone else to get exactly nothing accomplished that turn

Also, i had (if you'd bothered to read the fluff other people post) warned you that you would die if you hadn't recovered the books - which, in your defense you managed to do (half-assed at first) yet STILL tried to study instead of return them, then after finding the rest of the books, you spent more time -not- putting them back so the malus would be removed. You continued to keep them, whether it was for a good reason or not is moot. You could have simply returned them, then made a roll to get into the library and copy them -while- studying them.

The entire problem any of us have had with your entire time in this game was the blind way you walked into every situation. Lose the books and screw the others? Keep studying! Find some books? Keep them and Keep studying! Find the rest? Keep them STILL and screw the others. Put them back? Congrats the library is sealed now because we're getting attacked!

You waited until the worst possible time to try to return them instead of the several turns before that you could have stopped book-blocking the rest of the players who wanted to at least make their rank in adept. You manged yours, then still kept the books to 'copy' - ever stop to wonder why in the hell we'd NEED copies once everyone was Adept? Who was to say they'd have use after that? The 5 turns or so you'd blow making copies, 1-2 people could have made adept in that time, negating the purpose of the copies. Ardas had already warded the room so the books couldn't leave anyway.

As it was pointed out - you were a VOID mage. The door Ardas just opened? You could have destroyed it! Killer creatures in the catacombs? Kill them! Instead you spent, like at least one other here, ALL of your time trying to sit in the library - a fact that is now even more ridiculous since Terenos has pointed out heavy combat is a great way to accomplish a task AND make gains toward rank.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:51 pm »

ever stop to wonder why in the hell we'd NEED copies once everyone was Adept?
What, are there no skill levels above Adept?
...If there aren't, I have misunderstood and wish I had realized that earlier.

As it was pointed out - you were a VOID mage. The door Ardas just opened? You could have destroyed it! Killer creatures in the catacombs? Kill them! Instead you spent, like at least one other here, ALL of your time trying to sit in the library - a fact that is now even more ridiculous since Terenos has pointed out heavy combat is a great way to accomplish a task AND make gains toward rank.
I hadn't realized that combat would do ANYTHING to help one advance in rank, and didn't (still don't really) trust Void magic to do stuff without collateral damage. That's why I only ever tried to use it when asked to and then when I was being actively killed.
Sig

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:59 pm »

Guys. Could you please, at the very least, take this conversation to PMs? You are flooding the thread with OOC posts.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2013, 03:33:01 pm »

AP moved.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:09:37 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

Application moved for great unobtrusiveness
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:15:27 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2013, 02:52:19 am »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Twenty One: Just all Manner of Bad Idea. 
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Satrus d'Voruar(Azthor)]
I am afraid, you have been eliminated.

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there. Current status: Mobs are on the move.

Norvak A town roughly the same size as Suomi. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel, Jerik
[3v1] Samuel claims the library this week. And proceeds to do some limited research thanks to the missing tomes.
[2-4] Nope. Not even the faintest idea where to start.
You spend hours cleaning up the bodies, without any assistance. All told you believe you have 32 bodies that can still be used as undead minions.

---
Roland, Patrizio,Helfd
The three of you set up to lay down a mighty ambush, should the goblins charge down the passageway. The skeletons up front, then the three of you, preparing magical attacks.
[4] You hear chanting from down the passageway and ready yourselves for an attack. Patrizio prepares to collapse the tunnel... When it collapses of its own accord. Or perhaps by someone elses magic.
Patrizio tries to use Earth magic to open it..And a strange glowing symbol flashes, and seemingly absorbs your magical energy.
---
Detani
You arrive in Norvak. The town is a pretty small affair. Roughly the same size as Suomi you'd wager. The town sits nestled at the edge of the forest, and is surrounded by abundant pastureland and cattle seems to be the primary output of this town. There is a small fort here, staffed by some veterans of the Kings Army. They seem to be incredibly active against local threats. Theres much construction beginning here. It would seem many of the refugees that passed through Suomi settled here. No one pays much attention to a traveler coming from the east.
---
Sholan
Usually the mayor doesn't see raving madmen. But when that raving madman is a wizard who has his giant salamander gnaw on a guys leg. Well. Yeah. The mayor will totally see you now.
[?,?] You spend some time talking to the mayor. And you think you've impressed upon him that the denizens of the tower want absolutely no violence. Even though you are necromancers and necromancers tend towards wanting plenty of corpses.
The mayor deflects your arguments easily. He swears that although some trophies may have been taken from the Necromancer who used to live there, that they are in no way dangerous. A passing wizard who assisted in ousting that necromancer made sure those items were not even a little dangerous.
As far as the offer of labor... The mayor sees no way for that to be even remotely acceptable to the people. Since people are totally against necromancy. They wouldnt accept it without some extraneous circumstances. He shows you out and you feel that you've reached a good place. The Mayor will try to prevent any outright hostilities in the future. Provided you do as well.
Unfortunately it would appear that as you exit, there is a mob seeking your death.
---
Satrus
[2] The lone survivor of the massacre is packing his bags. He tells you that hes leaving. He's tangled with mages too many times in the past few weeks, so hes moving to live with his cousin in Brightsummer. A city several weeks travel to the east. He says that the mages in the tower are clearly very powerful, and decent in a fight.
[?,?,?] Your attempt to rally up a mob to avenge the losses to the necromancers in the tower is..Well. Absolutely and in every way a success. They cry out for blood and vengeance. And their vengeance is absolutely unfocused on the members of the tower.
They believe that you must be working with the necromancers. Your tales led nearly 40 people to their deaths. They are out for blood. The population has gathered up weapons and you may not escape this with your life.
You try to reason with them, when they shout accusations you try to calm them. It does not work. You suffer a small wound when they close around you, but you manage to break free. You flee to the north.

Event: Satrus and Sholan flee Suomi!
[4,6,2,3 vs 5,4,1] Sholan sees the mob coming, just behind Satrus who is fleeing for his very life. It is a well armed mob, and its not as though two guys and a giant undead salamander have much of a chance here. The both of you beat feet north, its not as though you have time to even try to mount the salamander and ride off.
[6 vs 8] The citizen mob has managed to encircle you. Sholan blasts a hole clear with his magic, but the gap closes quickly, Sholan gets past, but the Salamander and Satrus take some wounds trying to escape.

Heavily wounded, Satrus is slowing down the escape. Sholan, not knowing Satrus except as the target of this mob, tries to assist him with some blood magic. [3-1] But the rigors of trying to cast while the mob pursues them is too much, and Sholan cannot successfully heal Satrus's wounds. Sholan decides to get out with his Salamander.
[4-2, 4, 5 vs 3.] Sholan and the Salamander manage to evade the mob. But Satrus is caught by them and unable to flee.

Satrus fights, knowing that the odds are good he wont manage to free himself. The mob is out for blood, and his will slake their thirst for now. He manages to get a weapon away from them, and fights desperately. His years of military service serve him well for a time, but the press of bodies is too great. Small wounds become large wounds. Exhaustion plays a significant factor and eventually a lucky blow is followed by another, and another. Your vision fades Satrus, and does not return.

Satrus has died. Sholan has been driven out of Suomi, escaping to the north. Mobs are on the move.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The Wild Magic near the tower has dissipated.
Fall is coming to a close. Winter will soon be upon the region.
Mobs have risen in Suomi. This may not bode well for anyone still in the tower.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 68