Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46224 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 16.
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:18 pm »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

Heal up, and keep an ear out for any news about the cloaked figure and who he was.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »

The place was nothing special, but Roland was insitent on clearing those passages. I heard that he had interesting gloves or gauntlests, that were attuned ot Earth sphere. In combination with my staff, my power would be awesome, beyond level of adet, that I haven't even reached! This reminded me that i had ot finish my studies, but my path was open and quite clear.

"So this is the place, huh? I can clear the entry, no probelem. do you have those gloves on you? I will put them on and we will see what I can do with this puppy."
I was happy to show off my new creation at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:36:15 pm by Ardas »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »

Jerik: Study. Attempt to find a suitable chamber for experimenting use.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:41:34 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:28 pm »

(How pray tell do you intend to study? You'd need to get the books from Maxine, or get into the -Sealed- Library.)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »

Roland frowned and hesitated for a few seconds, but he gave the gloves to Patrizio.

"I do hope you'll be giving those back once we're done here..."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2013, 07:41:19 pm »

These gloves... as I reached out to take them and put them on, anticipation and joy washed over me in an awesome wave.

Sure, no worries. We will see whats behdin here and I will be able to test this stuff."

Put the gloves on. Open up the ruins with my awesome assembly of gear.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 15.
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2013, 08:26:55 pm »

Return all but a couple books and study those books; OR return all books and criticize whoever decided to attack those guys.
Which of those possibilities implies that I would return NO books?
SERIOUSLY. I clearly stated that I would return most or all of the books, which you interpret as me returning none?!?
Given this and a couple of other crappy rolls, I'm starting to wonder if the GM hates me.

-----

Return the books to the library, or somewhere near the library at least. Or wherever someone tells me to. Like I was supposed to have LAST TURN. Make the place look like a normal semi-abandoned tower. Explore the catacombs. Curse the gods a bit in spare moments.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »

So you missed the part where Patrizio stomped in there and sealed the place? So you want to be stuck, in the library, with no food, no water, and no way out? I mean hey say the word, I'll roll you against scapheap and we'll see who gets stuck in there.
The Library was sealed, by Patrizio's actions. So you cant precisely go and return your books. Right at this second.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »

Drill the militia into small unit cohesion, basic stealth and ambush tactics, while running a rigorous physical training regime emphasizing short-distance charges and blows to the abdomen and throat. Try and lead by example, participating in the drill unless otherwise required not to.

While the militia is not on duty, dedicate myself to trying to draft a few of the locals as temporary militia members and check with the town smithy about equiping them, making mention of the danger these men will be facing and the colossal peril to their souls and the village should they fail.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:53:25 pm by Azthor »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 15.
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2013, 09:11:39 pm »

Return all but a couple books and study those books; OR return all books and criticize whoever decided to attack those guys.
SERIOUSLY. I clearly stated that I would return most or all of the books, which you interpret as me returning none?!?
Given this and a couple of other crappy rolls, I'm starting to wonder if the GM hates me.

-----

Return the books to the library, or somewhere near the library at least. Or wherever someone tells me to. Like I was supposed to have LAST TURN. Make the place look like a normal semi-abandoned tower. Explore the catacombs. Curse the gods a bit in spare moments.

How about we clarify this to be very simple? You cannot keep -any- books to study from AND remove the epic malus on the library. The library can allow for ONE person to study at a time, accept this as a game mechanic and get over it. You keep saying 'keep books to study from' then wonder why we want to kill you, seriously. Pay some damn attention
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:16 pm »

Dude, this time he's just trying to return the books, give him some slack.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »

Yes, and he could have. Had Patrizio not sealed the library. Since Patrizio did seal the library, the better option was not getting stuck there, and doing some studying.
But I'll change that if requested.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2013, 09:26:40 pm »

I was talking to Cyber.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

So you missed the part where Patrizio stomped in there and sealed the place? So you want to be stuck, in the library, with no food, no water, and no way out? I mean hey say the word, I'll roll you against scapheap and we'll see who gets stuck in there.
The Library was sealed, by Patrizio's actions. So you cant precisely go and return your books. Right at this second.
I could, however, NOT HAVE HOARDED THE BOOKS I WANTED TO RETURN.

-----

How about we clarify this to be very simple? You cannot keep -any- books to study from AND remove the epic malus on the library. The library can allow for ONE person to study at a time, accept this as a game mechanic and get over it. You keep saying 'keep books to study from' then wonder why we want to kill you, seriously. Pay some damn attention
Geez, sorry that I assumed that when he makes one concession towards splitting the library he could make another, or that a library with a -2 bonus and a separate collection with -1 could have the latter return books to the former until the maluses were switched...or that, barring that, I not hoard books when I clearly put returning most or all of them at a high priority.
I thought I made it clear that I wanted to not hoard the books.

Yes, and he could have. Had Patrizio not sealed the library. Since Patrizio did seal the library, the better option was not getting stuck there, and doing some studying.
But I'll change that if requested.
What, the library is the only place I'm allowed to store books?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »

I was talking to Cyber.

The point was that it was a series of dick moves:
1) Removing books from the library - because this wasn't going to hinder someone else -at all- in the first place
2) After losing the books, continued trying to study in the library instead of look for them
3) After locating some of them, kept them to study from and/or didn't bother to continue looking for the rest
4) After locating all of them, keep them STILL to study/copy and w/e else dumbass idea there was that still leaves the library at, on a d6 roll, requiring at least a 5 to make -any- progress at all. Wasting several turns of other people's time (of which i'm not entirely saddened for because it just goes to show how no one else has paid attention to the fact that those of us NOT wasiting our lives trying to enter the library at every turn, are somehow accomplishing things other than collecting dust)

I could, however, NOT HAVE HOARDED THE BOOKS I WANTED TO RETURN.

You've made every attempt to date to keep the books to yourself, screwing everyone that has tried to study

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold
Geez, sorry that I assumed that when he makes one concession towards splitting the library he could make another, or that a library with a -2 bonus and a separate collection with -1 could have the latter return books to the former until the maluses were switched...or that, barring that, I not hoard books when I clearly put returning most or all of them at a high priority.
I thought I made it clear that I wanted to not hoard the books.

How can you /not/ horde them WHILE making copies? or while studying them? Here's a simple rewrite of your actions for the last few turns that wouldn't make us hate you: "Copy books not currently being used by current researcher" - Slow, but effective without screwing us all over
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 68