Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46251 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 3, Update 3
« Reply #555 on: June 29, 2013, 09:58:11 pm »

"Any plan we make or take requires the balance of our presence, intent and mere existence being weighed against it. We already saw what happened when Suomi learned who we are and what we were doing here - it went poorly at best. A plague is nice and all, but it feels like something that would have been tried in the past. It could help in a pinch or a selective thinning of an entire town, but I wouldn't rely on it remaining useful forever. An entire town turning into an army of the dead is something that might bring a little more attention than we want - but a subtle corruption, a Thralling if you were, would be much more effective. I'd prefer an army of the living over one of the dead - the former can be used twice."
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »

"Perhaps we could kill two birds with the one stone. Let's make a plague of the mind, spread through a certain phrase or eye contact perhaps, that makes the person obey any of our orders but doesn't advertise it like an army of zombies or us going around asking for mercenaries."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »

Roland shook his head with energy, pacing furiously around.

"Unless you've forgotten, we're Necromancers, not thrice-damned hypnotists! Blood and Bone, Earth and Void - those are the elements which answer to our call. We cannot warp minds with our magic! I am a blood mage myself, and I cannot work any miracles - I can make a deadly disease for certain, and I may even be able to make one that can raise the dead. I cannot take control of the living, however - not on a scale grander than one peasant at a time!"

There was fire in his eyes as he spoke, but he did not stop.

"The Dark Cabal was silent, the Dark Cabal was unseen, the Dark Cabal manipulated every damn human nation this side of the world, and the Dark Cabal was wiped out. We're all that remains! We don't have the sheer manpower to recreate the old ways - we're not even enough to assign one person per kingdom to infiltrate! It would take a lifetime to restore our old numbers! I say, the last time Dark Magi tried to play as kings and grey eminences and forgot they were bloody mages, they ended up dead. Perhaps it's time we remind the world why mortals fear us! Perhaps it's time we act like the Necromancers we are!

I say, we gather our strength, and we gather undead by our sides. I say, unleash diseases upon the world of men, and we'll send abominations around their lands - things, like that monstrosity we put that, which are capable of gaining strength and not directly linked to us - and through these actions, chaos will grow. Like gangrene, it will form in the most affected parts, and then spread until the entire continent is burning! And once that's done, I say we put that strength we've been gathering to use, and we start dancing in the flames!"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:17 am »

"Yes, blood and bone - How do you think I removed our previous little issue? I held her down and tore the flesh from her damnable bones", Sholan shifted his weight, growing bored, "One at a time may be all we need - We don't need an entire village dead and wandering our pitiful tower smelling up the place and looking suspicious as all hells - We need simple, key positions under our control."

"Yes, they were silent and they were destroyed - Why in any god's name would you propose we go out and make the loudest damn noise possible by killing everything that moves and sic'ing their dead against the rest?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 30, 2013, 08:33:01 am »

"The plague will be a useful weapon for later. For now, we have to gather our strength and ensure we can restore the old Cabal. It fell not because it oerated out of shadows, but because it decided ot fight in the full open without the protection that shadow gave them. We will not make the same mistake. We will bid our time and grow in power while inflitrating all those woh would seek our destruction while preparing weapons that can be used during open war."

"Thus, the plague research can be continued, while I need the rest of you to help out with the mine and searching for a new location for a new tower. We also need a volunteer to go and infiltrate the nearest town and establish an influence there. I think that my leadership in all this is obvious."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 30, 2013, 12:12:35 pm »

"The dark cabal ended up dead because they were idiots, plain and simple. At least some of us here aren't. Our elements may be blood, bone, earth, and void... But I have heard tales of a darkness element, that could possibly control the mind. Necromancy is essentially a magic of decay and entropy, so it is rather bizarre to not have an element based on the decay of the mind. I volunteer for the infiltration, I know the towns." Detani walked over to Sholan and said, seemingly as an aside, "Great job on murdering one of our members, by the way. That won't make things more difficult for us at all, since we now have less people to help us."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:14:26 pm by Fniff »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »

Sholan gave Detani a cold stare that only seemed more disturbing with an empty eyesocket included, "You act as if she was helping, when in fact she did the exact opposite and set us back weeks if not months. Things got done afterward - right up until someone started a riot in Suomi and brought the full bearing of the village against us resulting in the current state this tower is in. We lost much from the carelessness of those here, and they were the functional members of our little gathering. You really believe she wouldn't have screwed us harder? She was a liability and did more to her own destruction than I did. I have no regrets over the loss of a single, useless, whelp that failed entirely to assist us and our cause." Sholan spoke quietly so only Detani could hear him, "If you have such a problem with it then maybe you're not as Dark and Cabal as you think you are. We're hunted because we exist, we cannot afford the liabilities. Don't be one and there is no problem"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:51 pm »

Infiltration is a good idea but I can't help but think it might be best if at least two people go.  The last battle we just had was a great success and I think it goes to show that we are strongest when we work together.  If no one else is willing to go with Detani, I will volunteer but first I wish to study what is left of the flesh abomination.  Perhaps we can still learn something from it and create one under more controlled circumstances in the future.

Go study what remains of the flesh monstrosity.  Have four armed minions stay around me as bodyguards and get some more to carry back the dead bodies from the mass grave to the tower.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 30, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

"I'm just saying... There's not a lot of trained necromancers around. Even a useless whelp is better then a dead body. Go ahead and screw around with your little assassinations and tantrums, but try not to kill any more of us just because we're not proving to be that useful right this second, okay?"

Detani smiled at Sholan, then walked over to Jim. "So, which town shall we go to? I think we need to think fairly large, but not so large the kingdom will come down upon us if we don't succeed."

Search the catacombs. If we're moving out soon, gathering up anything that's left is a good priority.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 30, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure where the best place to go is.  I've spent most of my life living and working in that graveyard, so I don't know too much about the different towns and cities.  I suppose somewhere with a large population of homeless people would be good.  It would give us a perfect source of people to experiment on as well as a decent place to look for desperate people should we want to start some sort of cult to take over the city.

Wait! I've just thought up something.  Roland, you are working on a disease that infects the blood and turns people into our undead slaves right?  But some of the other people here think it's best if we go with infiltration and secrecy... so why don't we try and make a blood disease that turns people into vampires?  They would be less obvious than most other undead and could potentially be used for infiltration and it would still increase our power immensely and potentially give us an army in the long term!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:47:09 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2013, 02:15:58 pm »

I made sure to show others the power that I wielded. These people couldn't be trusted to run their own affairs without a guiding hand.
"If we are to follow the rules of the old cabal, you will follow the structure of the order. That idiot is responsible for destroying the library, she deserved to die. I will say more, I will personally kill anyone that continues on being useless or actively damage our progress. But for now, you two can go to Norvak. I shall expect a report from you once you establish yourselves there."

"Sholan, if you could be so kind as to assist me in finding some bodies? There is a fishing village nearby, we could do a little trade there and find some useless peasants for experiments. We also need people to being working in our mine if we want to produce and build a new Tower."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:44:41 pm by Ardas »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

Motioning around Sholan remarked, "We're in supply of those easily enough"

Raise a handful of the corpses that lay about from the dissolution of the flesh beast

"In terms of a new tower, that little journey i undertook turned out to be informative, but not much more. Short version - We're not prepared. The location would make a great place to hole out of in the future though"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »

"Are there any particular world events you heard of while you were gone? It would be good to know if we have any way of expanding or taking advantage of ongoing troubles. Also, take one wealth token and buy alchemic equipment - stills, alembic whatever you can. Roland can use those and we will need an alchemical lab anyway."

Give 1 loot token to whoever goes to the town.

"As for that other place? Why aren't we ready? I'm a earth mage, I could do some arcane constructing."

Once done talking, I left back for the mine. While with no workers, at least events were set in motion and the entire cabal could move on.

Return to the mine. Safely mine as much ore as possible with my magic.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:33:27 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 30, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »

"Patrizio, wait!"

Roland started after his partner and shouted after him as he left.

"What about those men you've promised me?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 30, 2013, 07:36:27 pm »

"I will get them, once I have a bodyguard to help me out. And I will have a bodyguard by mining out some ore and creating metallic golems. Who knows, maybe I can find some precious stuff down there then I can hire you some homeless people from the town to experiment on. Which reminds me, you can actually take that loot and get some equipment for us, maybe scout out the town even for possible subjects."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68