Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46248 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 20
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2013, 02:21:46 pm »

Helfd grumbles about deja-vues before finally deciding to join Patrizio with his skeletons

Help Patrizio

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 20
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »

"I suppose I can, though I just returned - meet me in what's left of the library and get one of the zombies to carry up a barrel of blood from the storeroom. I need to shake off this travel"

Wash up a bit in my room, then head to the library - Attempt to teach Blood Magic
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 3, Update 1
« Reply #527 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »

Chapter 3: The Blood Tide.
Part One: Not Dead Yet!
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 400 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. Your best guess is its still an unknown location.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik, Sholan
[3,5] Jerik proves an apt pupil, and Sholan an exceptional teacher. Jerik thusly makes great strides in his progress towards mastering Blood magic. +15% to Blood.

---
Flint
[3+1] Simply because you are feeling needlessly dramatic, you stick your hand into a wall up to the wrist, then pull out a solid stone mace. It is heavy, and you are very unfamiliar with the weapon, so you are convinced you will be unable to wield it as effectively as a regular weapon.

You stride forward, absolutely unafraid of whatever could be ahead of you. And as a result, you walk right into a nest of Giant Salamanders.

Battle!
You raise your mace as the Salamanders surge forwards, intent on driving you from the nest, or killing you outright. Your golem moves to intercept.
[3,4,3, vs 6-1, 5] Your golem hands out a heavy drubbing to the lead salamander, you hang back and land several heavy blows with your mace.

You focus your magic, into an offensive casting... [2] Your magic fails to alter the stone floors around you, and you are distracted from holding back the Salamanders.
[5,4 vs 5, 3-1] A salamander smashes you upside the head with its tail, and sinks its claws into you when you go down. Your golem is holding its own but the Salamanders seem too nimble for it to really fight effectively.

[5,1 vs 2,5-1] The salamander that knocked you down trips over the prone body of a fallen salamander and slams itself into the wall, incapacitating itself. You take the opportunity to regain your feet and brain it effectively with your new mace.
You hear a crumbling sound behind you. Seems your golem has been destroyed by the one remaining salamander.

[5v1-1] You cannot even raise your mace before you get rushed by the Salamander, you hear your ribs cracking as it thuds into you.

[6,4, 3] You call on your magic to protect you and the entire damn tunnel collapses, burying the remaining salamander. You barely manage to roll clear. You're not in the greatest of shape. You manage to make it back to the Tower before passing out. These broken ribs may impact your future activities, until healed. On the plus side, you did get a little better with your magic. +10% to Adept

---
Patrizio, Helfd
[1+3-2] Even your magical equipment cannot turn your utter failure into a successfully cast spell. The complexities of this spellcasting seem beyond you. On the other hand it also feels like your magic was..interfered with.

The two of you gather up the skeletons and do another search of the mine. [5] This place is completely empty. There is still visible ore in the walls, and yet there are no tools, no minecart tracks, no bones... Nothing. Progress deeper is blocked by several cave ins.
---
Roland
[4,3] You roll one of the casks of blood into a quiet room, and you sit there, contemplating it with your mind and magic. Time passes. More time passes. You eat, you slumber. You surmise and test. And your theory wins out. One of the barrels of blood now bears a disease within it. You're sure you can find a use for that.

---
Detani
You go and alert Jim to the location of the Tower, and that yes its still held by your Cabal friends. Then you descend into the catacombs.
[2] And find nothing. The whole thing rumbles a bit when you're wandering in, but nothing comes of that. All you find is dust and empty rooms.

---
Jim
[6,6,3] After Detani returns, letting you know that the Tower is still safe for you, you set yourself to work raising more of the corpses. The magic you call up twists and writhes away from you, you feel a chill descend upon the region. Flesh from the bodies in the mass grave undulates and tears itself free from the bones of the dead.

Coalescing into a mass of flesh, the grotesque monstrosity is beginning to claw its way out of the mass grave. You tentatively try to command it, and it does not react. Well. Thats a rogue Flesh Monstrosity that is. It seems to be preoccupied with exiting the mass grave for now. But those things generally dont react well to well..anything living. You may wish to run.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Winter has faded from the land, the snows are diminishing slowly and the winds grow warmer.

Room in the Tower is running out.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:32 pm »

set and bind my ribs then head outside.

Throw my mace into the pile of leftover palisade construction stone and practice magic by trying to individually create a pair of four foot tall boulder crabs.

If successful send the first successful creation to town to search for metal objects and the second to recover the dead salamander if both are sucessful.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 12, 2013, 06:02:14 am »

"Let's continue, Shall we?"
He continued to try and study the workings of Blood magic.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 12, 2013, 06:33:13 am »

The place was abandoned and it had ore but no facilities to mine. The place did not seem like a mine used by civilized species, or it faced some minor disaster that cleared it out. Either way, I needed to organize effort on activating it and talk with others. Something blocked myefforts here too, and for a mage, it was as an interesting occurence as any. Others would have to help me.

Helfd, you can either return to the tower with me or set skeletons to work on unlocking the cave-ins. I just want to make sure of one thing - that you are fine with my plans for cabal, if we can still call ourselves that. We need to organize our effort to make this work.

Return to the tower. Collect the loot token from tower storage.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 pm by Ardas »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:26 am »

Jim gazed down at the freakish mass of flesh clawing its way out of the mass grave below.
"Oh, not good..." was the only thing he could manage to sputter out as he slowly backed away from huge monster.  Turning around, Jim began to run to the Cabal Tower while commanding his zombies to follow him.  Hopefully he could get back in good time and get some help should this monster decide to follow him.

(Edit:  I saw some people post their turn actions like this in another thread and I kind of liked it so I thought I'd try it.  If you don't like me posting my turns this way, just tell me and I'll change it.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:42:30 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:15 am »

((Its fine, I think we could use more RP in here.))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:33 pm »

Roland was feeling a little mad. Not that he actually believed he was insane - something was just telling him what he was doing was extremely dangerous. As such, he decided some precautions should be taken before continuing.

Take small quantities of blood and attempt to make it immune to the disease. Test its immunity by dropping infected blood in the other sample each time a breakthrough might have been made.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2013, 01:01:18 am »

Sholan nodded his approval, "I suppose we should. You're not horrible at this at least. As long as I'm not wasting my time, we should continue."

Continue to tutor Jim in Blood magic
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 14, 2013, 07:45:19 am »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)
Convert the empty rooms in the catacombs into storage rooms, move stuff down there, blast some of the doorways into the more dangerous parts of the catacombs with void magic to make them into barricades of fallen rubble.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:12 am »

Held merely grunts and nods, then barks some unintelligible orders at the skeletons which immediately begin to worka t teh cave ins...

Clear out the Cave-ins.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 3, Update 2
« Reply #537 on: June 18, 2013, 02:02:35 am »

Chapter 3: The Blood Tide.
Part Two: Steady Progress
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 400 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. Your best guess is its still an unknown location.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik, Sholan
[3,2] This time, while Jerik still proves to be an adequate student, Sholan fails at accurately describing the lessons to be learned. No progress this week, unfortunately.

---
Flint
[?] You really have no idea what you're doing, in a medical sense. But you bind up your ribs and hope for the best. You head outside and try to call forth some more golems.
[3+1] Another small and rough humanoid shape emerges from the pile of spare stone. You contemplated making it take the form of a crab but then you realized that would be stupid. How would it gather up things and bring them back in a reasonable amount of time?
+1 Stone Golem, (Light)

---
Patrizio
You return to the tower. It takes a bit of time to travel there. Fortunately on your arrival you find the loot in the tower stocks has not been touched. You acquire it for your own purposes.

---
Helfd
You and your skeletons try to clear cave-ins from the mines. [1,3] Failure is rampant, and a few skeletons are lost to additional cave-ins. Skeletons may not be well suited to this. Or perhaps fortune was against you.

---
Roland
[4,?] Well, you're fairly certain you can use blood magic to stop disease, magical or mundane. But you're not entirely certain you can prove that fact. Short of knowingly infecting yourself with something and using magic to cure yourself.

---
Detani
[?] It is hours and hours of painstaking work. You make a map of the safer regions of the Catacombs. Your patient labor uncovers [1] room that still had treasure. Within is a dozen more skeletal remains.
You cart those back to storage, and ensure that the access to the deeper parts of the Catacombs are somewhat blocked off.
+12 Skeletal Remains

---
Jim
[6] It seems that the Flesh Monstrosity you raised is far far more interested in the corpses in the mass grave. It is...devouring them and growing larger. You rally your zombies and retreat to the Tower for now, possibly to gain some assistance from your allies. Or just to avoid getting eaten!

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Winter has faded from the land, the snows are diminishing slowly and the winds grow warmer.

Detani's work has created more space in the Tower. This will allow additional rooms, or upgraded rooms, although not many. Also, any further catacombs exploration will be in the dangerous lower levels.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 18, 2013, 02:22:21 am »

send my light stone golem to town to gather metal objects.

Attempt to raise a heavy stone crab golem for defensive purposes and entertainment value.
If successful, summon a stone warhorse to ride.
If unsuccessfull, summon a heavy stone crab golem to ride sideways.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 18, 2013, 03:33:46 am »

I decided to call my "comrades" together, yet again, in vain hope of organizing the effort towards creating a plan for subverting the local towns and establishing a secure domain as well as to inform them of my own plan. The mine had to be activated and they had the means of providing me with workforce I needed. Undead made for poor laborers. However, some of the more hapless ones had problems with their creations. they had to be helped before we moved along.

First of all, help Jim in putting down the flesh monster by casting rock fist at it or flesh petrification (whichever is harder to cast, do it).
Summon aid of other mages in the tower if they are willing to lend a hand!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:45:23 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 68