Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46249 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 19
« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2013, 02:35:06 pm »

Jerik, with the skeletons following him, went to scavenge through the Catacombs.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2013, 04:37:53 pm »

Helfd only grunted silently before adding his own power to that of Patrizio's.

Help Patrizio

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2013, 04:59:09 pm »

search deeper
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 23, 2013, 05:40:01 pm »

I'm going to go out and finish raising the rest of those bodies.  Do you want to scout out the surroundings or look for your friends in the meantime?

Take half of the zombies present and go start raising more at the mass grave
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 23, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »

"I'll go look for my friends. They did a nice job with the slaughter of innocent enough peasants, I see. Anyway, see you in a bit."

Go search for the tower.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 26, 2013, 11:21:25 am »

Raise MORE corpses

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 26, 2013, 11:16:41 pm »

"Well this was a clusterfuck if I must say so myself" Sholan mused aloud to a Ghoul he named Grimm. Grimm always had a scowl on his face - half from the distortion of his raising and half because part of his jaw and facial muscles were missing. Grimm didn't reply, didn't acknowledge Sholan at all really but with a whistled sound like he was half breathing, half hissing...and entirely hungry.

Sholan decided that it was a good time to leave. Skeletons, walking corpses and other standard fair he figured he could have taken on - shades, however, were not in the Diary. "There's no one even in the tower currently that is capable of handling ghosts...this is bullshit! Who writes a diary about their hiding hole and then doesn't make mention of the damn Shades!" Grimm continued to stare at nothing in particular, "Shut up, that was a stupid question. Screw it - let's go. Maybe we'll get lucky and find those wild men again...maybe they'll know where to find someplace to go around here"

Make for the tower again, attempt to follow the same route taken previously to get back without getting lost
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 20
« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2013, 07:27:53 pm »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Twenty: Travel and Dullness
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 400 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. Your best guess is its still an unknown location.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik
[2] You find very little in the catacombs apart from dust and rubble. Perhaps you'll have better fortune next time.

---
Flint
[?,4+1] You stalk through the deeper corridors of the catacombs, through ankle deep water and damp, brushing aside ancient cobwebs and coughing as your passage disturbs dust that has lain silently for uncountable years. Your homunculi are checking down passageways making chittering noises to alert you to things that might be interesting. Suddenly they chitter madly for a few moments, then go silent, and you feel that you are not alone.
And you can no longer feel the presence of your homunculi. They may have given their existence up to warn you about something dangerous. You could however press onwards.

---
Patrizio, Helfd
[?] Together the two of you probe at the magical energy welling up from deep within the mine. Both of you have felt it not long ago, during the battle you had with the goblins. It seems now you know where they fled to avoid your butchery.

---
Roland
[5] You're really getting the hang of this, and before long yet more zombies have been added to your ranks. There are still a few corpses remaining.

---
Detani
Without much in the way of ceremony you return to the Tower, finding several of your companions missing. A few of them are still around and there is a new palisade. Clearly some things got done in your absence. Your office remains untouched.
---
Jim
[?] The magic gets away from you this time, and though the bodies twitch in response to your spellcasting you fail to raise any of the corpses.

---
Sholan
Your journey back to the tower takes some time, but is entirely uneventful. You do not run into the Wildmen again.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Winter is fading from the lands.

Room in the Tower is running out.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2013, 07:45:22 pm »

"Detani, Sholan. Welcome back. I've been trying to learn some blood magic, as it seems a bit useful to understand both blood and Bone, so we can build up our forces. However, without the library, or help, I've gotten nowhere. Perhaps you could help me, Sholan?"
Jerik attempted to study blood magic, and also tried to raise some more skeletons.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2013, 08:03:34 pm »

Haha how embarrassing.  Good thing no one was here to see that.

Continue raising corpses while I wait for the return of Detani.  Send a couple zombies out to look for equipment in the town again (basically anything they can use as armor or weapons even if its poor quality farm tools)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:26 am »

We found the remaining goblins, the strange power still emanating from deep within the mine. The beasts will have to be killed if we are to make the mine fully operational, but the undead seem to be awful workers, from what I saw so far. Before we kill those little runts, it would be wise to give a shot at controlling and intimidating them, see if there is a spell insidious enough or a golem big enough to make them obey.

Descend into the mine and summon (rock) golems for bodyguard.

But apart from the magic alone, my mind was racing over the possibilities and chances we had and have. If we were to start mining and processing, we would need to sell our product, and we still had no idea how to infiltrate the nearest dwellings - there was a way to do it, but others have to be forced to listen, and I already formed a plan in my mind.

"Helfd, you can either go back to the tower and organize others for the extraction or you can help me out with the goblins below - I have little something planned.[ Your call"/color]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:32:31 pm by Ardas »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 28, 2013, 07:48:16 am »

"You're in luck! I have an apprentice of blood magic right back in the town. I'll fetch him and bring him here, he could teach you some of the tricks of the trade."

Go get Jim. Afterwards, go look in the catacombs for things.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 28, 2013, 07:39:58 pm »

create a stone mace from some floor tiles then continue onwards. If a creature is up ahead use earth magic to temporarily liquify the floor under it on order to trap its legs.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »

Do some science (the mad kind) on my barrels of blood. Can I create, by magic, something that could corrupt the blood and spread through it? (ie, put in an infected droplet, corrupt the whole barrel).

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:19 am »

Weeps quietly over the quiet death of this game.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 68