Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46247 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 17
« Reply #495 on: May 05, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »

Make a safe tunnel/entrance to the mines below using my earth magic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:59:16 pm by Ardas »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 06, 2013, 01:45:01 pm »

Approach the ruins cautiously and seek a shelter to use as a base of operations
-If confronted under hostility attempt to assert control over the undead
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2013, 04:43:43 pm »

Go to the tower and fetch my ghouls (even if they're otherwise busy, unless I encounter resistance) and raise 20 undead. Go back to the spot. If the ghouls cannot be fetched and the undead cannot be raised, go back anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:07 am »

Sit down and smoke a pipe while Patrizio opens up a way.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 18
« Reply #499 on: May 10, 2013, 04:56:04 pm »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Eighteen: Wherein the GM sucks at keeping an update schedule.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 400 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik
[3] You have no books, and you have no tutor. That hinders your progress greatly, but you still make a little progress. +5% to Blood magic.
---
Flint
With the completion of the palisade, you and your golem head deep into the catacombs to find treasures. [4+1] Your golem shoves aside some rubble, and reveals a chamber full of skeletal remains. At least 15 by your count. Its not precisely the treasure you were after, but you and your golem add it to the tower store room regardless.
---
Patrizio, Helfd
[5+3] Even without your various assistive items, you're easily able to shove dirt aside, brace it with rock and create a path into the old mine. You and Helfd drag some lumber into the mine, and escape the dangerous weather. The two of you poke around in some tunnels but don't find much. Old timber supports, and dust. This mine may have been abandoned but it was cleared out as well.

---
Roland
You head back to the tower, unconcerned with the rising storm. The inclement weather bogs down your journey but you do make it there. After

resting and recovering from your journey you head into the store room and attempt to raise some of the dead there.
[4-2] Your spell work is reasonable, but thanks to the rigors of trekking through a blizzard, you just cannot raise these corpses.
At the very least you rally the ghouls still at the tower together, with the intent to set out as soon as you've recovered from the rigors of travel through a blizzard.
---
Detani, Jim
Detani, you are certain the tower still exists, otherwise why would the town be abandoned? Still, you poke around town. You are shocked to

find the forge has been removed, but that is about all you discover as you examine the town.

Jim, you bend your magic towards raising the dead in this mass grave. [5] The dead flesh answers your summons, and 12 zombies claw their way out of the grave to stand by your side. Still, this mass grave contains many bodies. You take shelter in a nearby building, thankful that the occupants have departed.

---
Sholan
[?] You and your ghouls manage to get into some buildings near the ruins, and make it mostly proof against the elements. From here you can

get into the ruins, provided you can get past the guards. Or whatever other barriers there may be.
Your ghouls dispatch a few skeleton, to make the area more or less safe.
[?] You have no idea how to exert control over the undead here, they are skeletons and your skills are more inclined towards zombies.

Perhaps with more time and training, or a stroke of good luck, you may be able to.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
There is a blizzard around the Tower. Travel is ill-advised.

Room in the Tower is running out.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »

Try to raise undead again. Also, experiment: How do ghouls perform on the task of holding torches? (Conduct experiment away from other ghouls / inflammable objects)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2013, 05:14:38 pm »

Jerik, realizing that trying to learn blood magic with the current state of the tower, went to the Store room, and attempted to Raise the Skeletons, before trying to use them to help scavenge through the catacombs.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »

search the lower catacombs again, use earth magic to convert a few stone tiles into small crablike minions and send them off to find shinies.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2013, 07:50:18 pm »

Search the building for anything useful like supplies or equipment for my zombies.  Then practice my blood magic until the storm is over.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 11, 2013, 03:01:56 pm »

Scan the ore in the mine and map it out in preparation for exploitation.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:36 am »

Approach the ruins and the front guard, attempt to make contact without confrontation. If the guard proves hostile - eliminate them.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 19, 2013, 11:33:29 am »

Assist Jim in searching.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:13 am »

Explore the mine, try to figure out whether there is still worthwhile ores around, keep skeletons close by in case of any inhabitants.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 19
« Reply #508 on: May 23, 2013, 03:44:25 am »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Nineteen: Growing Forces
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 400 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik
[3+1] The magic flows easily through your body, and into the skeletal remains in the storeroom. 9 Skeletons creak to their feet and join your ranks. Alas your focus is on the raising of skeletons, and you have no time to delve the Catacombs.

---
Flint
[2+1] Straining yourself you craft several small homunculi from scattered rubble and dirt. They are weak, difficult to maintain, but they will last you for [2+1] 3 turns of searching.
(Homunculi, +1 Searching rolls, 3 turns, or until destroyed.)

---
Patrizio, Helfd
[6] Patrizio, you hardly even need your magical accoutrements. You easily scan the mine for ore veins and find it to be ... [3] A modest mine, strange then that it was abandoned. Still there is much in the way of mineral wealth here. The tunnels arent terribly extensive, though they end abruptly in several places leading you to suspect cave ins.
[1] Once again you brush up against a power you have felt before. And it definitely knows you are here.

[4] Helfd, you rally up your skeletons, craft torches and descend into the mine. You find several empty rooms, the occasional upturned minecart,but little else. You find evidence of several cave ins, and theorize there may be more tunnels deeper.

---
Roland
[4] Under your patient spellcraft, 8 of the corpses rise to serve you. You run a few simple tests, on your zombies and your ghouls, and find that either can carry torches effectively, but Ghouls are more likely to drop them in combat. The only cost of this discovery is a few ancient worn tapestries.

---
Detani, Jim
[?,3] The two of you move from building to building through the storm, making an inventory of what remains in the town. The pickings are slim, there is some food, supplies of clothing, and very very little else. It would seem the survivors of Suomi picked the place clean before they left, or perhaps someone beat you to scavenging this place. Still, there is a wealth of corpses to raise, and the storm appears to have broken.

---
Sholan
[?,?,4] You awaken, in a cold sweat and find that 2 of your ghouls are no longer responding to your commands. Your fire has dwindled to nothing and what seems to be fog has descended over the region. There are unearthly wails in the night and you gather up your staff and head out, certain you are under attack.

You exit the building you made camp in and find your ghouls engaged in pitched battle with several dozen skeletons. The ghouls are winning, but the skeletons are clearly a distraction. As you watch, shadows coalesce into vaguely humanoid shapes behind your ghouls and open deep blows with blades or claws. You try to raise your magic to assist your Ghouls but you can find no purchase with which to attack these ghosts, or the skeletons they are assisting. Making a snap decision to save your forces rather than expend them needlessly, you command your ghouls to retreat.

Another one is lost during the retreat, but you manage to withdraw to what you think is a safe distance. Clearly you were wildly unprepared for this journey, but you learned something about the defenses there.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The storm has broken, and with it Winter seems to be relaxing its icy grip upon these lands.

Room in the Tower is running out.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 19
« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2013, 05:50:20 am »

Now the situation was growing stable, we've hit a new wonder. The mine still held some resources and Helfd looked at the tunnels themsleves, but it was apparent that the mine wasn't abandoned because of the technical difficulties.
I felt it, and it felt me. Its strength was unknown to me, so I treaded carefully. I wasn't sure I would be able to get a good insight alone, its power could be mightier than mine and even my artifacts would be useless.

But my thirst for knowledge and this place made it impossible to abandon this place or retreat.

Probe the power/energy with my magic. Request Helfd's help to do it, otherwise do it alone.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68