Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46242 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 13
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »

Return to my studies with the blood barrels and using blood as a weapon, if they're still in the stocks - dip the sword in a barrel, see what happens
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 05, 2013, 09:19:43 pm »

Transfer the forge to the Tower.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:13 pm »

"Right, I have to ask around for some news about some of my mage friends in Suomi, just give me an hour or so. We'll meet back here."
Ask around for news about Suomi.

Sounds good, just tell me if you need help with anything.
Look around for anything interesting while I wait.  Try not to stick out too much.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:51 am »

Study the Book Patrizio found.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 14
« Reply #454 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Fourteen: News of the Plague
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people fled in the dead of winter to any nearby town.

Norvak A town approximately 300 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik, Sholan
[3] Slim progress in learning blood magic this week. But you stick at it, and you get a little closer to gaining mastery over it. This would go much faster with books, or a tutor. +10% to Blood Magic.
Additionally you look over the palisade, but you decide that there's really not much you can do without some additional labor.

Sholan, a few hours pass of you doing random study with the barrels of blood in the tower stocks, you also stick your sword into one hopefully. To no avail.
[?] Your studies are stymied by an inability to focus this week. You have the feeling that the storage room is hardly the most conducive room to study in.

---
Patrizio, Helfd
Acting on the side of caution, you order the skeletons to acquire the various items of value. Nothing immediately happens, so Helfd decides to check the book. It is somewhat bloodstained but it appears to be a Book of Rituals. The book describes several rituals of Earth magic, that can be used to focus power to great effect. Unfortunately it seems for the most part the Rituals are very advanced, requiring far greater magical power than you believe any current denizen of the tower possesses.

---
Roland
Dull labor for you at this point, but it will aid the tower in many ways. Your ghouls provide the bulk of the muscle, and before too long you have transferred the Forge to the tower.

---
Detani, Jim
[4] News of Suomi is sparse, but several refugees have passed this way, they spoke dire tales of necromancers and the rise of an undead army near their town. As near as you can tell from the reports, Suomi has been abandoned. If it were not for the news of the plague, and the doomspeakers chanting their mantras, there might be a greater uproar against the necromancers rumored to be there. As it stands Detani, you and your fellow members of the Cabal may be in the clear. For now.

[2] You skulk around town, but you don't find too much. News about the plague is on everyones lips, but it seems mostly exaggerated. You highly doubt that everyone is dying, surely some people must be immune, or have avoided it and fled. But even if a tenth of what is spoken is to be believed, the news is somewhat dire. Or potentially quite good news, if you happen to be in the grave-digging business, or the necromancy business.
---
Flint
[1+1] Your magic refuses to answer your call, but you figure that you have a golem for protection, what could possibly interfere with you in the depths of these catacombs?
[5] You travel deeper, and then deeper still. Left, down stairs, left again, through an archway and into a large chamber. There are scattered broken crates, and a few old bloodstains. A trio of skeletal remains lie damaged and beyond recovery by the remains of a campfire. There is a door at one end of the room that will not budge beneath your muscles or magic.
There is nothing of any real value that you see in this room. Though there are 5 holes near the door, 3 of which are filled by gemstones, 2 remain empty.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Heavy storm clouds are visible in the south.

With the addition of a Forge to the tower, it can be used to create mundane arms and armor. Provided that you have sufficient mineral stock to do so.
In addition, the tower is running low on room for additional rooms. Removing some rooms, or enlarging the Tower is the way to go.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:28:04 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »

Jerik decided to take command of some Ghouls to help finish the palisade.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 08, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)
Ask the spirits if practicing blood magic healing sounds like a good, relatively risk free plan.  If they say yes and if I have extra time while I wait, go into the slums and look for crippled people.  Tell them I am a healer and that if they want, I can attempt to cure what ails them.  Make sure it is understood that healing them does carry a risk though.
Attempt to heal them, so as to practice my blood magic.

Edit:  Assuming the healing is successful, tell them that they may follow me on my journeys and in return they shall continue to receive my blessings as well as gain the potential to become my apprentices in the healing arts so long as they swear an oath of fealty to me (mwahahaha).

If there isn't extra time, just follow Detani and help out as much as possible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:14:34 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:58 pm »

Well this is certainly interesting, with security this tight theres either something extremely valuable through there... or something extremely fucking dangerous...

Well theres only one way to find out, best mark thid door and find more crystals.

mark the door with a navigational rune and attempt to cast an earth magic spell that is capable of detecting the crystals and other almost identical objects, if successful try to detect and locate the remaining crystals.

If i fail due to poor casting, Have my elemental try to use its innate abilities (if any) to sniff out the remaining crystals, follow it closely.

If i fail because the crystals aren't in the catacombs, try tunneling under the door with earth magic and then my elemental.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:22:37 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 09, 2013, 04:16:05 am »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

"Good news, we're in the clear. You'll be joining a proper cabal in no time, Jim."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 09, 2013, 02:27:57 pm »

Great!  Before we set off though, do you want to help me acquire some living specimens for experimentation?  Or should we just leave now?
Sure thing peanut man!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 09, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

"I think I can stay a while. They might be dead anyway, though in my business that's not exactly a problem. Even if they aren't, we still have time."

Help Jim.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 10, 2013, 03:18:07 am »

Pack and leave for the Ruins on a scouting run - bring my ghouls and the armed zombies.

A run to the ruins was required. Information was needed about the area and whether or not it would make a suitable replacement for the tower should the time come for it. The Diary had been vague to say the least about the defences that were left there, just that there were some. Sholan wasn't going to underestimate those forces either. Having new forces to defend himself with would surely help, though the entourage was not exactly going to be subtle or easy to hide on the road there.

Still, it needed to be done given the ever-shrinking free space of the tower. Renovations just didn't seem like the best option currently. The investment of time and resources just couldn't be justified given that the chance of a raid from a military force was likely at some point in their future. Survivors of Suomi were not going to stay quiet at all, let alone forever.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2013, 03:24:08 am »

Helfd looked at the book and told me it was a very advanced study of rituals that we were currently unable to carry out, but nevertheless it was a n item of great value. I was interested in our remaining loot however so i did not hesitate to take it to the tower and look at it there.

Check out the dagger and armor picked up- are they just plain items or somehow enchanted?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »

Return to the goblin place where we were to examine that artifact we found. Be careful about it. Bring the ghouls in.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:44 am »

Earth Magic. Your area of expertise. I think we should get moving when you figured out your loot, i want to see whats at the locations on the map. Let's check out those in the forest first.

Gather Skeletons and move to the Southern Unkown Location marked on the map.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 68