Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46222 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 2.
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Three: Small Obstacles.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel, Jerik, Maxine
[2][4][4] Your scouring of the catacombs reveals some old , reasonably preserved foodstuffs. You are in no danger of going hungry for some time. You find little else of interest. There are several barred doors, and you make a note of them on your maps.
In addition, you find another small chamber with a few scattered skeletal remains. +5 Skeletal Remains.
---
Roland, Patrizio
[2][6][3] Roland, your attempts to gather information about the sudden immigration swarm is met with cold glares and unfriendly stares. Patrizio fares much better, managing to get several families to open up about their sudden move. It turns out there is a great deal of turmoil in the east. War and pestilence have struck simultaneously and the people are fleeing for a better life. This is not even remotely related to the Purge, as Garenia lies far to the Northeast.
Your current funds are sufficient to purchase some very basic construction tools, or enough supplies to do some logging. There are few contractors even willing to work on the haunted tower, so the price is quite high for what they will offer. They'll clear a chunk of land around the tower for 3 Loot tokens, Or add in more stories also for 3 Loot Tokens.
[3] The peasantry doesnt keep many books. Unless you're truly interested in texts on animal husbandry. Though rumor has it there is a cranky old mage living in peace in the wilderness who might have some arcane knowledge.
---
Detani, Sholan
[2-1][3-1] You both squabble briefly over the coded diary, get into an argument,and manage to utterly fail at deciphering any part of the diary.Though theres every possibility you might make greater progress seperately, rather than fighting over the book.
---
Helfd
[4-2] Alas, without proper supplies, the skeletons manage to make poor progress in clearing the land around the Tower. They'll need axes or large saws, or something in order to perform this work in any reasonably swift capacity.

Events in Near Proximity:
---
Many of the immigrants have moved on, deciding not to settle in Suomi for the time being. However the population of the town has still swelled somewhat. A rough estimate would put it at ~250 people.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:15:36 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 3.
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 04:19:49 pm »

Roland found a place where he could be alone with Patrizio before talking to him.

"That mage they spoke of could be a wealth of information, if he exists and we can find him. However, he might recognize us as what we are. Here's what I suggest: we go back to the tower, take some equipment for a fight, and we go exploring the spots on the map that aren't identified. One of them may be where the mage's living, or maybe a settlement which isn't as backwater as this one where we could get info. What do you think?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »

Spoiler: Dairy of Detani (click to show/hide)

Destani stormed off, leaving the room only to splash a puddle, splattering dirty water all over her dress. She stared at it, and yelled "By the Seven Hells, this bloody dank will rot in the nether realms before the day is done!"

Until we get someone to kill, looks like Detani is going to be the magic janitor for now. Cast Spell: Boil Water Away

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:06 pm »

Keep running around the catacombs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:39:01 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »

Roland seemed to be fairly active and with a head on his shoulders. He knew what was what but unfortunately I was not a good fighter or explorer.

"Fair enough. Lets go back and see what we can do. I must tell you in advance however that I'm not a good fighter, although it would be nice to have some books on hand when we go to that mage. Lets see what others have done."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:29:28 pm by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:20 pm »

As a Note FROM ON HIGH.

The Tower is mostly clean. And not even a little busted up/cracked. Its just old and doesn't look all pretty. Solid construction though. You dont -have- to squander actions on aesthetics. If I tell you its cracked and broken in a place, then yeah, you can act to fix it. Otherwise...Kinda a waste of your talents eh?

Also, you dont need to name spells. If you try to do something, and its within your element, yeah, you can do it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »

Hey, I want it to be clean. Also, we're not murdering anything and I think I quite like the title of "Magical Janitor", thank you.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »

((change action. And is that a BOW unit I see as your avatar Terenos))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »

Jerik looked around the catacombs.
"Heh. This place reminds me of the old keep. Not as cold, but thats a good thing, I suppose."
Jerik: Now that the food situation is handled, Forage in the catacombs.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 04:54:53 pm »

"Oh, don't worry, I can handle myself just fine. With you in the back casting a spell and me with my axe in the front, that wizard - if he exists - won't stand a chance. Let's get some stuff at the tower, and then we'll go witch-hunting."

At the tower...

After taking food, water, coins, and the map, Roland turned towards Helfd.

"Hey, Helfd. Mind if I borrow your mail shirt? We're going to explore what's on the map for a while, and a bit of iron between me and everyone else might be useful."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Helfd looks at him somewhat shocked. My Shirt? MY Mail-Shirt? No way in the Seven Hells that i would give you that. It's my only possession. I'll join you in your witch-hunt if you want but you won't get my precious shirt.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »

Roland lifted his eyebrow, and shrugged.

"Come if you like. We'll head for the nearest point first."

Transcribe the map, and head towards the nearest unidentified point.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »

Sholan, ((male for the sake of things Fniff *le glare*)) heads to his sleeping quarters to pour over the Diary

"m eu g ek sv as es eg nr", glaring at the diary he starts to rub the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "The hell was wrong with the man that wrote this?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »

"Weirdos. Well, I suppose I can't be called normal either...
"Hey, Helfd, you going with to deal with that rumored wizard? If not, lend it to Jerik or Roland. They kinda need it..."

Look for some herbs in the woods. Use them and the food we have to try and make meals. When not cooking or watching the skeletons, practice magic without destroying anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Four: I FOUND A TRAP!
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Helfd, Roland, Patrizio
[1] Flipping a coin, you decide to head to the south, searching out this strange mark on the map. You trek through the heavy forest and grumble loudly about that. Helfd makes several pointed comments about using your current wealth to get some tools so that the skeletons can cut down this ridiculously dense forest and build a palisade. Bickering and arguing you stomp through the forest. [2] As near as you can tell, based on your crude map, you've arrived at your location. It is a clearing, that is in many ways unremarkable. Except that its a clearing in otherwise heavy forest. Its even a remarkably regular circle.
[5] Patrizio gets a very..strange sense from this place.
---
Jerik, Samuel
[1][1] [3] Samuel, you trigger some kind of trap and fall, fall deep into the depths..Okay maybe you only fell a bit of ways, and you come clattering to a halt in a pile of well gnawed bones. You have no idea where you are, or the way back up.
Jerik, your patient explorations (doubly patient and much slower after you witness Samuel's trap encounter) bear some small fruit. You found a few more skeletal remains.
---
Detani, Maxine
[4][1] Once more Detani bends her magic to cleaning up the place, obliterating small puddles of murky water and cleaning dirt off the walls. Her efforts have turned what was once a dank dreary tower into a rather pleasant tower, with the right light. The place is almost completely clean now.
Maxine performs several mundane tasks, finally managing to create edible meals and not burn down the kitchen area. [3] Your attempts to practice your magic go swimmingly, you are quite confident in your abilities, at least so far as destroying things goes.
---
Sholan
[6][1] Your attempts to decipher the diary have ..wait..what..Is it insulting you? If you're reading this correctly the entire diary is one longwinded insult at the reader. That cant possibly be right.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
None for now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:46:17 pm by Terenos »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68