Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46213 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 7
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2013, 03:42:52 pm »

Jerik decided to ah, 'volunteer' to go see what happened to the tower guards.
"I can hold my own against some necromancers and their minions. I'll go see what happened to the guards."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2013, 04:31:57 pm »

walk to the tower and observe what is happening around it, if i do not see anyone spying on the tower walk over and knock on the door
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:51:05 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »

help looting...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:14 pm »

inform the 'leader' that i plan t o find a way to increase their effective range, Raise more zombies and take stock of how much equipment is around for weaponizing them
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »

Wait until news comes in.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 8
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Eight: A Mysterious Treasure?
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is nearly depopulated by the ravages of fighting with the Cabal. More than half the towns population has been lost. The mood is grim. They are suspicious.

Norvak A town approximately 300 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik
[6] The populace are too shaken to want to return to the tower, so they let you go alone. You return, and note that there are several ancient looking skeletons guarding the place. They also [2] seem to have noticed you, but dont move to engage. Or leave their posts at all.
---
Sholan
[?] The Draugr in charge doesnt even react a little bit to that information.
[6,1] The magic twists and writhes under your control. Leaping about erratically and empowering the human corpses. Their muscles buck and spasm, causing skin to undulate in a fascinating way. Their jawlines crack and spasm, elongating and extending.
Your magic has twisted 10 of the corpses into Ghouls. They fall upon the fresh corpses of the Suomi militia. And ignore your commands to halt.

---
Patrizio, Helfd, Roland
Having dealt with the goblin menace for now, you decide to sack their home for anything you can use.
[5,3,3] Together Roland and Helfd manage to cobble together a small pile of precious items. Little gewgaws and small precious stones pried from jewelry. It would be worth 1 loot token. You'll need to decide whos carrying it.
Patrizio however travels to the deepest depths of the ruins, that can be reached. The goblins have apparently managed to keep the whole place cleared out. Patrizio finds a running stream, and evidence of underground farming. Then Patrizio find a wall that faintly thrums with magical energy. [5+2 vs 6] He uses his staff and gloves to enhance his spell enough to shove the rock aside, barely managing to overpower the enchantments keeping it sealed.
Cautiously poking a torch in to illuminate the room...[?] You see a rather ornate tomb. It is majestic in its own way, nearly untouched by time. Damp mildew is starting to creep into the tomb through a crack in the north wall. There are runic markings picked out in crystal across the stone coffin, resting in the center of the back wall. You have not yet crossed the threshold into this room.

---
Detani
[?] You wait around for news, and none comes. You fill your days with an easy laboring job until one day when a trio of riders comes into town. They have come from Suomi and are apparently seeking out an old retired priest who might be able to help them with a problem. Apart from that they are very tight lipped.
---
Flint
[2] You skulk around in the forest nearby the tower. You spot several figures around the tower, but drifts of snow obscures your vision. You may wish to have a more cautious approach.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
None for now.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2013, 05:42:04 pm »

Jerik walked towards the tower, cautiously, so as to not incur the wrath of the draugr.
"Hail! I come in peace. I was one of the Necromancers who have been residing in this tower, and now, I've returned from my captivity in the nearby town."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2013, 01:36:59 am »

"hmmm there must be a safer route with which to gain entrance to the tower.." thinks flint trying to discern the location of the others concealed by the snow "perhaps i can create a tunnel into the basement and gain entrance from there"

use earth magic to find the catacombs and collapse part of its roof to form an earthen staircase i can enter through.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:50 am »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

Travel with the men when they leave back to Suomi, if they're heading that way. If not, head back by my own way.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2013, 02:21:04 am »

Sholan sighed, "This is not a great start of my day..."

Try to regain control over the newly risen
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »

The place that I have found was perhaps the most interesting of all so far encountered in this abysmal underground. However, we were exhausted, and I didn't feel confident. I stayed clear of the threshold but made a mental note of the place and placed an invisible rune on the tunnel nearby to guide me back here once I am fully prepared.

"Gentlemen, I don't know about you, but I found something interesting in the tunnels. I've marked it so we can come back here later. But for now, its time to get back to the surface and reorganize."

Mark the place of the tomb to get back there easily. Get out of the tunnels and get back to the tower.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2013, 02:42:11 pm »

Helfd gives an appreciative grunt, then follows Patrizio, his skeletons and gravehaunts in his wake.

Follow Patrizio

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2013, 04:44:48 pm »

Return to the tower, investigate what happened

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 9
« Reply #403 on: March 13, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »

Chapter 2: Black Season.
Part Nine: Fine! Ignore the Mysterious Treasure.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flint (Unholy_Pariah) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (Gman8181) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi has been abandoned. Its people flee in the dead of winter to any nearby town.
Norvak A town approximately 300 people large. It seems to be primarily focused on cattle. But it is growing rapidly due to an influx of refugees. It is defended by a small fort garrisoned by veterans of the King's Army. It is affiliated with Welnshire.

Vis Valdi is a small fishing village on a river, somewhat northeast of Suomi. It might encompass all of 100 people. The people there live quiet lives, untroubled by most. Adventurers stop there frequently, traveling eastwards into the Wilds. The locals are somewhat standoffish.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently. It is no longer secure.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
---
Jerik
[?] The Draugr do not reply, instead they look you up and down. It is an unsettling feeling, but after a few moments they stand aside and allowing you access to the tower.
You have now returned to the Tower.
---
Sholan
[4] Muttering quick incantations, you manage to quickly bind these ghouls to your will. That could have gone worse. Much worse. And they've stopped eating all the corpses. From the sounds of the Tower it seems that several of your companions have returned.
---
Patrizio, Helfd, Roland
The three of you depart this place, traveling through the snow-filled wilderness. The journey is rough and takes far longer than normal. As such it is very late at night when you finally arrive at the tower. You are somewhat shocked to find several ancient skeletons moving around with military precision. But they do nothing to bar your passage. They just observe you, and it seems almost like they are weighing you.
You have now returned to the Tower.
---
Detani, Jim
[1,2,4] You endeavor to follow the men, stealthily. Unfortunately this doesnt really work. Still you know what you did wrong for next time, and should be able to do better at all things sneaky. After they became alerted to your presence they tried to encircle you, and drew weapons. They definitely arent going to be friendly about this.
[Battle in the Graveyard!]
[4,1,1,1] Lashing out quickly and decisively Detani strikes down two with her blade before exploding the last ones heart with Void magic. Clearly these fools did not know who they were dealing with, or the rigors of their journey had left them exhausted. Regardless, you easily seize a quick victory.

Jim, you hear the sounds of a scuffle in the graveyard that you work in. You investigate and find several...beautiful, fresh corpses, and a woman who has murdered them by sword and by magic. The feel of her magic is familiar and somewhat comforting. A series of whispers from the spirits who haunt your mind say that she might be a good ally in the future.
---
Flint
[5+1] You send your magic pulsing through the ground, to find a way to avoid the figures around the Tower. You are shocked to find a series of catacombs and use your magic to create a gentle sloping tunnel, that allows you access to the Catacombs from outside. Then, you hurry inside and close the tunnel behind you.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Jerik, thought to be a citizen of Suomi, has not returned to the town. The populace has taken this as the last straw and is scattering in every direction, to other cities and towns.
Detani has slain the outriders of Suomi, seeking a priest to sanctify their graves.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 2, Update 9
« Reply #404 on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:06 pm »

Both surprised and intrigued by the scene lying before him, Jim can at first only awkwardly stare at the person and corpses not but a few feet away.  A faint murmur from voices all too familiar jolts him out of his trance. (This person can help you!  This is an opportunity you cannot afford to miss!)

Oh... Uhm, excuse me miss but I can't help but get the strong impression you are a practitioner of... well of death magic?  I happen to be a dabbler myself but judging from what I see in front of me you are undoubtedly more experienced.  So I was wondering, might I come with you?  Not to push myself as a burden upon you but the chance to learn more is an extremely exciting prospect to me and I am getting rather sick of being confined to this graveyard despite the apparent benefits.

Edit: Reanimate the newly deceased corpses to show my abilities
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:03:27 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 68