Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46208 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 17.
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2013, 12:47:50 am »

Stemming the blood flow with his one good arm and some well placed blood magics, Sholan returned to his room with one of the more well-preserved zombies and cancelled the magics animating it. Afterward, he removed a matching arm to the one he was now missing and set Sally to guard the door from inside.

He spent a good long while staring at the arm while examining it, and his stump, with his magics.

"There has to be a way...", he thought to himself. He felt for his missing eye and frowned, "I may have to live with that one though...damn that woman"

Attempt to attach the arm
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:24:10 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2013, 02:23:24 am »

THe spells were forming as if by themselves. It wa a sight to behold and I was thrilled to be in posession of these artifacts. Cooperation with Roland seemed to be worthwile.

Into the tunnels!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2013, 03:19:53 am »

Search for the(to him)missing books.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2013, 04:12:07 am »

Impressive. Nice Casting there. Anyway i take care of those Skeletons.

Revive the Skeletons as Gravehaunts. Then follow Patrizio into the Tunnels with the whole Skeletal Regiment.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2013, 06:59:26 pm »

Jerik: Work on defenses.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »

Repeat the drills and tell the mayor that I will scout the surroundings myself in the hopes of determining whether or not there truly are necromancers afoot. Argue that as it remains uncertain and the cost of dismissing it as a rumor could be great, indeed,  it is only reasonable that the militia stays active and ready to act if needed be; surely, the people will understand if it is one such a bastion of dutifulness as their mayor who asks it of them (flattery).

Under the pretext of reconnaissance, visit the abandoned tower and others place of interest in search of a Cabal member, hoping to tip them off as to the incoming assault. Tell them to flee with whoever they trust and leave behind whoever they do not, for the alarm won't go down until there is blood spilled; at least one "necromancer, whether real or a hoax, should be sacrificed, lest these rumors find the Crimsons' many ears.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2013, 07:23:26 pm »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

Flee!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2013, 09:22:30 pm »

...Do ghosts exist in this world?

And, for that matter, do waitlists exist in this game?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2013, 12:34:03 am »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Nineteen: The Calm before the Storm.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there. Current status: Vaguely concerned about the undead.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel
[2] You cannot for the life of you find any trace of the missing library books.

---
Helfd
[?] You endeavor to raise the skeletal remains as a more dangerous variety of undead. Which you sort of succeed at. The room is inundated with power, that almost gets away from you, but does not. And it arcs into one set of skeletal remains which shambles to its feet and fixes you with a glare from its empty, but luminous eye sockets. You get the sense this magic may be a bit beyond you currently.
---
Roland, Patrizio
[?,?] You descend into the depths of the ruins, past empty rooms and down some stairs. A huge door banded in iron sort of bars your path, until you both put your backs into opening it. As air rushes from beyond the door you are struck by its dampness and its horrible scent. You seem to have found a room full of refuse. Roland curses, well aware that this sort of thing is normal behavior for certain breeds of goblins.
As you are surveying the room, Patrizio spots a pair of goblins, armed with spears and draped in carved bones, standing unawares down a passageway. They are conversing, within a pool of torchlight. They have not noticed you two.

---
Sholan
[6,?] Pah! This magic is the simplest of things. You dispel the animating magics holding up the zombie, and then lop off its arm before slapping it in roughly the right spot and using your magic to bind it to your form. The magical part is easy, but the arm itself seems to be fighting being attached to you. In time, with careful application of blood magic, you have a serviceable arm once more. Still feels weird though. But thats just a lingering feeling.

---
Jerik
You gather up what remains of the skeletal minions here, and the zombies. And using the supplies of hewn lumber, you begin constructing a crude palisade around the Tower.
[4] The undead labor is doing fine without you, but you still decide to add your own labor to the wall. Progress is made, but you'll need more hewn lumber before you can finish the palisade up.
Palisade ~40% complete.
As evening approaches, a man comes out of the forest. He is rather well dressed , so perhaps hes not a simple peasantfrom Suomi. He says...
"Listen, Im not saying you're a member of the Cabal or anything, but the townsfolk are concerned about necromancers. They're going to be coming over here. So...Unless you fancy dying at the end of a peasant's pitchfork you might want to gather up anyone you trust and get out of here. Someones gonna die, its the only way they'll be satisfied."
He then turns and walks away. You could of course cut him down with your magic before he escapes, Or carry on about your day.
---
Detani
((Did you just metagame? How, IC, do you have any knowledge that Suomi is gearing up for war? Nearby events? Yeah, that might hint at it, but you didnt change your post until after Azthor revealed he was doing some recon on the tower. On that note, your original action is going through. Tread carefully in the future.))
[?,?] You set up a shrine, though you have no real knowledge of how to do it. Surprisingly, you -appear- to have drawn the attention of some...thing. A whispering voice demands a sacrifice of blood.
Task: Sacrifice 5 people at your shrine/Altar.
---
Satrus
[?] The townsfolk admire your heroism and promise to avenge you in the event the undead beasts take you.  You travel carefully through the forest, noting that there are several open pits, with dead animals within them, so you try to keep testing the area ahead of you, before you move forwards. It lengthens the trip to the Tower, and as you arrive it is close to evening. There is one figure here, obviously directing some skeletons laboring on a wall.
You attract his attention, and come over.
"Listen, Im not saying you're a member of the Cabal or anything, but the townsfolk are concerned about necromancers. They're going to be coming over here. So...Unless you fancy dying at the end of a peasant's pitchfork you might want to gather up anyone you trust and get out of here. Someones gonna die, its the only way they'll be satisfied."
You then turn to leave.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
Wild Magic continues to run rampant near the tower.
---
In theory, ghosts do exist in this game. And waitlists do exist. We dont have much of one right now, since the only person who would be on it is Javierpwn and his backstory needs some tweaking, or im going to find it difficult to bring him in.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 18.
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2013, 05:41:24 am »

study in Library, otherwise study the wild magic.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:40 am »

(Because I presumed that the guy was going to tell me about it, considering he was telling all the necromancers to leave. I'm sorry for misinterpreting.)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »

Jerik sighed, loathing the fact that they simply could not leave.
"This does not bode well. I don't really care for these villagers, but slaughtering them seems somewhat pointless. It's their doom, I suppose."
Continue to fortify surroundings.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2013, 12:31:49 pm »

((Huhh, most dangerous? Wait weren't Gravehaunts one stage above Skeletons? Oh shit...))

Gravehaunt what is your name and who is your Master?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Roland took a low silhouette and slowly took his axe. He made a sign for Patrizio, in the direction of the goblins - his right hand holding the left one tightly, pretending to be crushing it.

Wait for Patrizio to cast a spell on the goblins, before jumping into melee and finishing them off, if there's any finishing off to do.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

I nodded in reply to Roland and prepared a spell. Hopefully goblins would not see anything coming.

Turn both goblins into stone/rocks fall (whichever is a lesser spell.)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68