Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46214 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 11:57:11 am »

A old man with a rough look opened his mouth at the ragtag group

"I go check the Storage Vaults for anything the last owners left."

Search the storage vaults for things.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »

"When I arrived at the tower from Suomi, most of the other "members" of the Cabal were there. The place looked decrepit and the people inside looked little like experinced practicioners to me. And gods, did that place smelled! Just because one is dabbling in dark arts does not means you have to live in a cave. Yet I had little choice: this place was safe because of its relative obscurity and unpleasantness.

The first days of settling in were spent on exploring the structure and rummaging through the contents, with my fellow "mages" looking and behaving more like a raiding party. I could only roll my eyes and let them get on with things. I knew hardly any of them, but our common interest was enough to band us together. Maybe some of them will prove good comapnions to me, or good servants.

While everyone was busy with the Vaults and lower levels, I myself decided to check the Living Quarters for proper stuff that one would need ot live here for extneded period of time. I was most interested in books - those were our only hope for doing anything useful and were a gateway to the more advanced mystries. Perhaps with time I would be able to set up a proper library and maybe even begin accumulating wealth to support proper research here..."

Search living quarters for useful items like books or occult equipment. Prepare/find a suitable chamber for a library.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:13:12 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

Hmpf, we have no food and they search for hidden treasures...idiots.

Search the Living Rooms for anything usable.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:40:06 pm by Ghazkull »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

"Well, there could be some creatures in the catacombs. Rats and Tomb Worms come to mind. They are edible, albeit barely. Perhaps we should set some priorities, I suppose. First order of business would be to get a sustainable source of food. Then, perhaps some servants and guards. Or do you have a better plan?"
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

"Let's see what we have before worrying about the outside."

Join Roland on his expedition to the catacombs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 07:14:40 pm »

"You kid shave fun in the dirt, I'll be outside"

Forage the Surrounding Woods
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part One: Exploration.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Jerik, Roland, Detani, Maxine
---
The Catacombs stretch on seemingly endlessly, and you stick together in the flickering light of a few torches. You do your best not to get lost, and manage, keeping a good mental map. [4][2][4] The group fans out, opening doors cautiously, revealing a series of small crypts. The bodies within are quite decayed, and ..gnawed on, but by mixing and matching, many of them are still whole.
Maxine however, takes a different turn and gets seperated from the group. [6][5] She finds a curious greenish/black jewel that was laying carelessly discarded in a dead end corridor.
+30 Skeletal Remains.
+Greenish/Black jewel
---
Helfd, Patrizio
---
Believing that the living quarters will hold some secrets, possibly about the previous occupants or information about the tower itself.
[6][1][3] You discover a crude map, scratched into the stone walls of the tower, its indescribably crude but seems to show the Tower, the town of Suomi and at least 3 other locations, in relation to the tower.
[2]There are many empty rooms in the Tower, none show any evidence of once being used for a library. Your search turns up dust, dust, and some more dust. [6][3] You also find one of the personal quarters in the tower has been used as a garbage dump. The stench is amazing, even now. It would take a great deal of effort to clear this room out.
---
Samuel
---
You poke and prod around the Storage Vaults..Which are mostly empty, or full of empty crates. [2] Tired of searching, you instead clean things up and make space for the skeletal remains that were brought up from the

Catacombs.
---
Sholan
---
You spend some time exploring the thick forest surrounding the tower. [4] Fortunately the tower acts as an excellent landmark and you dont get lost. You dont find much of anything of interest though. Its a forest, as near as you can tell. With lots of dirt. Probably more than inside, in some catacombs, you muse. Making your earlier comment nonsensical.

Events in Near Proximity:
---
Nothing this turn.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 1.
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »

"Wow. That was kinda sad. Bright side, I got this!

"Think we should look for work in town? Well, probably not me, but some of us?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »

Roland examined the bones for a long time. Something had been munching on them - which was never a good sign. The bodies were old, but there had been many crypts -whatever had been eating them might still be there. However, he did not feel curious today.

"Well. Something's been gnawing at those bones, and I'm not going to find out what it is. I think I'll visit the town nearby - get a sense of what they think of strangers, whether or not it contains anything actually useful... I shouldn't need anybody to come with me. Might want to make a map of those catacombs while I'm done."

With that, he left the tower.

Visit the town. Look for the following:
-Materials which could be useful for renovating the tower
-Any library or other kind of pile of books
-Places where we could work for some money
Also, check how friendly the peasants are with commoners.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:55:34 pm by Shootandrun »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »

While looking through things with Helfd - weird man of unpleasant looks - we found a crudely carved map of the neighbourhood of the tower. Wheter it had any residual magic was unknown to me at the time, so i decided to ignore it. But one thing was certain - the place was a dump and had nothing valuable that we could use. We also lacked manpower. While likes of Helfd could perhaps be used for manual labour, it would not be enough either way. I wondered whether people downstairs found anything useful.

As I descended to the catacombs, I found out that a black gem and skeletons were found. These bones would form the backbone of our workforce.

"Do you think someone could maybe animate these and put them to work? Maybe we are a Cabal, but we are still human and we need to clear up the tower fto make it remotely usable."
I asked others and awaited their reaction.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »

"Sure, we could. HELFD! JERIK! CAN YOU MAKE SOME SKELETONS? THE MOVING KIND LIKE THE LEGENDS TALK ABOUT?"
Sig

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »

"Hmm... These Skeletons will do nicely as workers. I'll see what I can do about raising them as servants. We will require food."
Jerik: Cast:Raise Dead - Skeletons
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 08:22:10 pm »

"And for food, we probably need money. For money, we need to work. I doubt that a young girl like myself could find work which I would be willing to do, or which my father (may he rest in peace) would approve of. Some of you with nothing better to do should probably look for work, though."

Keep house. Make it less dingy, supervise the skeletons, cook meals if we ever get food, etc. (Ideally without burning dinner or anything.)
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 04:13:57 am »

"Let see if I can remember how to hunt with a sword from my army days"

Go hunting in the forest.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:12 am »

Hunting. With a Sword. Sounds completely logical. Tell me when you manage to slay a dragon. Anyway Jerik, let's do this together.

Help Jerik revive the Skeletons, then order them to clean out the Garbage Dump in one of the Rooms. When there is still some time left help Maxine with cleaning up the tower.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68