Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46225 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 9.
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »

(Has anyone noticed that we have as many updates as we have pages?)
i only have 6 pages - increase your posts per page :)
I have nine pages as well.

EDIT: Never mind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 9.
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:17 pm »

"I see little harm in accompanying you on this adventure of yours, though if this gets the Order called down on us so help me I will find a shallow grave to bury you in"

Sholan had little want to be within the same realm as an Order detatchment, let alone the same City. If the fates saw it in their infinite hilarity to send his own blood against him, he would have little in the way of choices for methods of maintaining his cover. He truly hoped he would never have to fight one of his kin...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 10.
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part 11: Scuffle in the Warehouse.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan, Patrizio
[3,6,2] Your approach to town is pretty damn smooth. No one really accosts you with questions about the salamander, and when they do, you brush them aside by telling them you're a druid, and it is your animal companion. No one really wants to get close to it, you get the sense they're somewhat afraid of it.
Choosing a somewhat stealthier approach, you case the warehouse and determine that yeah, theres at least a few people in there..Maybe. Near as you can tell. You try to slip in...
[3-2,4-2] Turns out a giant undead salamander is not even remotely conducive to stealth. They can totally tell you're coming, and when you slide into the warehouse, theres at least 10 guys with clubs waiting for you, fanned out around the warehouse. Theres also a guy with a sword standing front and center.
"What the fuck is this about?", he challenges you two.
Patrizio stands tall, hooking his hands like he is about to lay down the magic and laughs "Submit to my power you fools, or suffer!"
[2-1] "TAKE EM!"
[Battle!]
[1,5,5,5,8]
The opening rounds of battle are pretty chaotic, Patrizio manages to lay out [3] of the thugs by slamming the ground with his foot, and sending a shockwave outwards. Sholan takes a club to the gut, and becomes winded, but his Salamander rises up and chomps the dude in half.
Sword-wielding guy seems to be retreating.
[1,2,7 vs 2,3,4,1,1]
Lashing out with its tail, the Salamander catches two thugs unaware and sends them sprawling. The thugs give a pretty bad drubbing to both Sholan and Patrizio though, who are unable to cough out any incantations. Laying out with fists and staff they do some small amount of damage however.
[6,3,3,2 vs 3,4,3,2]
Sholan catches his breath and wields his staff, invoking his Blood magic powers to cripple the opposition, a resounding success as they clutch their hearts and start to cough up blood. This prevents them from doing any damage to the two of you.
[5,3,7] The rest of the battle is a clean up of choking the life from your enemies, and slitting throats. You're now in a warehouse with 9 dead bodies..A few of them must have escaped in the melee.

---
Maxine, Helfd
[4,5] When Maxine slips out to eat, Helfd slips in to study, cackling madly as is his wont. Maxine however slipped out with several books.
[1,1] Maxine, you have somehow managed to misplace almost all of the tomes you 'checked out'. This will cause serious ramifications for the library in the future.
[5-2] Thanks to your incredible intellect, you are not even remotely hindered by the missing tomes, easily pushing your knowledge forwards, Congratulations, Adept.

---
Samuel, Jerik
[2,4] Well, the catacombs have been so good to you so far, so why not saunter about through them another time or two? Alas however, Samuel finds nothing but empty rooms and dust. Jerik however finds a small pile of bones and spends several hours piecing together skeletons from them, finding 5 more skeletal remains!
---
Roland
[3] Your hunt is only slightly successful. You slew a few beasts, and dragged them back to the tower. The forests seem a tad more populated lately, with several peasants trying their hand at hunting. The peasants are pretty amicable and friendly. Though..It is dense forest, you could start hunting some other type of 'game' if you catch my meaning.
---
Detani
[2] You stumble around in the forest for hours and hours,finding precisely nothing. Either you're terrible at this,or theres nothing to find, and you're starting to suspect the former.
[4] But then, a stroke of luck, you find some obvious wagon tracks leading off into the forest, you follow them as best you can [3-1] but eventually they dead-end. Any attempts to pick up any tracks again are fruitless.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The forests are somewhat populated with peasants trying their hand at hunting, during off days when they aren't felling trees, or tending to crops. While they try to give the Tower a wide berth, sometimes they pass by it. Perhaps you should keep the effects of your necromancy hidden, lest you be found out.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:38:41 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:12 pm »

Try to find an isolated peasant in the forests
Once that is done, kill him with blood magic and bring the body back to the tower.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:58 pm »

Locate missing books.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2013, 08:46:50 pm »

"It was spectacular. To see those people murdered and to prove our power ot those who thought me foolish was amazing. Whne i first saw 10 of them facing me off, I was a little scared, but now that they lay in the pools of their own blood, relief washed over me in an awesome wave."

"Well, we got 9 bodies to play with. You think we could raise them or something? Also, lets check if they got anything interesting. and ah... can your pet track things by their smell or do we have to resort to scrying to find the last one that got away?"

check out the bodies and the warehouse. Add fresh meat to the invetory of things to be raised as our minions.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:38 pm »

Jerik:Study, or forage if not possible.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:13 pm »

Sholan looked over the carnage of the fight, "Raising them all here might look a tad suspicious don't you think? They'll look a little less than normal with all the blood - we still need to get out of here without looking too conspicuous"

He thought about Sally for a moment, "How good do you think the nose of a dead lizard will be though? She's not a Bloodhound...no, she's not meant for tracking. I suggest we pack up, loot the place for anything worth a damn, and duck out before dawn so no one notices us leaving with nearly a dozen walking corpses. I'll make them useful, you do the looting"

Raise the corpses in the room as zombies

Upon returning to the tower - sic the skeletons and the new zombies on clearing the debris from the carelessness of our fellow tower dwellers in the catacombs
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:43:31 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2013, 04:04:24 am »

I will find something

Catacombs
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »

Search the general area around the tracks, don't stray too far though.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »

"Fair enough. I suppose we can make ourselves a new lair here. We need to subvert the town, solwly but surely. Keep them here for now."

"The trip was succesful, and we striked against the local underground element here, gaining fresh zombies as a result. Now it was time to put up a good smile, start flogging stuff to the townsfolk and we could start thinking about rebuilding Cabal proper."

Loot the warehouse and the bodies. go with Sholan back to the tower.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:21:46 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2013, 10:42:38 am »

To the Catacombs!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2013, 07:27:45 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Twelve: Sneaking around with Zombies.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan, Patrizio
[2+2] Even though you flub the incantations a little, and arent standing properly. You manage to get half the corpses raised into zombies while Patrizio gives the place the once over looking for valuables. Figuring thats good enough, you have the raised zombies bring the corpses back to the tower. Why should you do heavy lifting eh?
[3] Alas, it seems there isnt much to really be had. They werent poor, but they werent really wealthy either.
[4] Your attempt to leave town goes swimmingly. You acquire some cloaks, drape them around your new zombies and wipe off what blood you can.And this all goes to complete waste when you notice theres no guards blocking you from leaving. Oh well, thats..well what can you do?

---
Maxine
[3] Through patient and careful searching you manage to locate a few of the missing books. Not all of them, but its a start.
---
Helfd, Samuel
[5,3] Your joint effort at exploring the catacombs leads to a bit of profit. After opening several dozen doors into empty rooms, you use your magic to sneak into a locked room and find a small amount of treasure. +1 Loot Token.
---
Jerik
[4-2] No one else is interested in the Library, for now. And you can see why, its disorganized, many tomes are missing..More than enough to prevent your studying from making any progress.
---
Roland
[1,6] Your attempt to find a lone peasant was in fact, wildly successful. Because you found [3]. All together. They nod in greeting at you, and are armed with spears. They look to have only just begun hunting, having only felled one boar.
[4] Deciding that nothing was ever achieved by hesitating, you hook your fingers in an arcane gesture and mutter the words of power under your breath. One of them collapses to his knees, blood spewing from his mouth. His friends exclaim loudly and charge you.
[Battle!]
[6 vs 1,3]
One of them trips over his dying friend, and you easily parry the other ones attack, sinking your axe into his chest in a killing blow. [5] You dont even give the last one a chance before you toss your axe aside and aim to crush his windpipe, you do have to spare the body any major trauma after all. [Vs 3] He bats at your arms ineffectually before succumbing to your chokehold.
You're now standing not too far from the Tower, with 3 dead humans. Well done you.
---
Detani
[6,6] Pfft. Tracks ending. Yeah. Right. Clearly they're just over here, obscured somewhat by the torrential downpour that just recently happened. And yes,over here we have a wagon that seems to have been partially burned, and some tracks leading off to the west. The tracks suggest that [3] people walked away from this wagon, in the same direction. There are no supplies remaining in the wagon.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The Catacombs are starting to get a bit picked over. You'll have to Delve DEEPER, and risk your fragile mage hides. Here there be giant salamanders at the very least.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:27:46 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:27 pm »

"Wish me luck."

Samuel go far into the Catacombs.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »

Three dead peasants, and lots of blood. Everything was going as planned. Now, he just had to act quickly and with sure hands.

Use blood magic to slow the blood loss. Get a barrel from the tower and store as much blood as possible in it. Bury the bodies.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68