Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Expectations and anticipation  (Read 1824 times)

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
Expectations and anticipation
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:55:24 pm »

Soo... are you guys pumped up for the next patch? It's packed with so much stuff!
The list opens up with trees; then goes on to new sites for elf, gobos and dorfs; new fort retirement system
and since:
...the last major unstarted feature for this next version is the handling of birth, death and succession for the wider world after play has begun...
which is currently on the table, then we might be getting an update "soon", I guess.

Which feature are you going to mess around with first?

Super late edit:
- Fruits and leaves are now a thing
- Climbing  :o
- Combat is getting a speed related overhaul (speed is now divided to movement speed and attack speed)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:28:25 pm by KtosoX »
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
Re: Expectations and anticipation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

My anwer will be always the same...
!!CATS!!
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

I'm going to embark by a bunch of goblin towers / armies and see how the game treats me for trying to get right up 'em. I guess through doing that I'll see if goblins are still equipped the same, if the goblin squads still work the same (one kind of grunt, one kind of commander), and if cage traps are still infallible alien containment fields.

I also want to load fruit in a minecart, then move the fruit, by pushing the minecart.

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

I'm super psyched to finally be able to retire forts.
Tired of making successful fortresses and then having to choose between destroying them myself or abandoning.
Also excited to see a more responsive and interactive world.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »

I'm going to play Adventure Mode.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:25 pm »

Step 1. Modding modding modding modding. Dat blood vision. Dat "See any creature through walls" vision. Dem trees. DAT FUCKIN' COMBAT/MOVE SPEED SPLIT MAN.

Step 2. Play as Gokū in adventurer mode. Because non-lethal combat = I can show mercy!

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 12:30:01 am »

I can finally play adventure mode, with my only goal being to murder every single baby. I'll sneak into people's houses.. mehehehe...

But yeah, super psyched about just about everything. If the farmers markets make it in it will really change how I (and prolly many people) run their forts! It won't just be a city, it will be a CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC CENTER!
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:52:44 am »

*puff* The trees, man!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 03:35:35 am »

I can finally play adventure mode, with my only goal being to murder every single baby.

YES. THIS.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:36:39 am »

Adventure mode will be awesome especially with modded in civs now

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 05:11:51 am »

First thing first. I am going to build an Fort with the most insane possible defence system and then i'll go to adventure mode
with the goal of trying to slaughter everyone in there single handed trying to survive all the traps and elite military. *g*

That's gonna be Fun.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 11:16:04 am »

Gonna make many forts and retire them and spread the Board of Fortresses influence over a small world.

Also Trees.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »

Adventure Mode. Need I say more?
SPOILERS: I do.

Ever since I don't touch the Dorffort mode (yeah, hippie!), this will be so. Effin'. Great.
Other races' sites being actual sites, also trees and mobility? Suck it to me.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:56 pm »

Only thing I want out of the next version is for siegers/squads to keep on attacking (or immediately retreat, or do anything) after their squad leader dies.

Give me that and I'll be happy for a long time.  I have at least 5 defense plans to test if/when that behavior changes.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

Only thing I want out of the next version is for siegers/squads to keep on attacking (or immediately retreat, or do anything) after their squad leader dies.

Give me that and I'll be happy for a long time.  I have at least 5 defense plans to test if/when that behavior changes.

It would be cool if they assessed whether they had a few turns to spare and divvied up the commander's gear.
Pages: [1] 2