Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: UPGRADE: The Ultimate VR Game! *Need Players* Turn 5: The obligatory First Blood  (Read 9737 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: UPGRADE: The Ultimate VR Game! *Need Players* Turn 3: Title Dropping!
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:19 pm »

((I thought about something, and I decided you guys can post 2 actions for combat and each will have it's own initiative. Though it can't be the same action twice. EX: Attack [Blank] and use item on [Blank]

Bonuses: such as focusing on blocking or dodging don't count as an action. But you still need to say it to let me give it to you.))

Team 5
"We know what to do now."

Hurry to Tb

"Shall we consider upgrading our knives?"

JP was about to respond to Min Maximus' question before his character suddenly froze up. Soon after after JP became staticy and then disappeared from the game. "Ah sorry about that... Seems the game suddenly rejected JP's brainwaves. I thought I had that fixed.... anyways just go ahead with what you was doing, I'll find you a new partner." The voices says inside of Min Max's head. Min Max just shrugged and went ahead to the nearest treasure.

When he arrived someone was already standing there. The guy just waves at him when the voice says once again, "He's your new partner! Sorry about the inconvenience."

Min Max spends a little time talking to his new partner, who is called Ludwig von Amadeus Strauss. Then he goes over to the nearby chest to collect his loot.

(Team 5 LCK: 3+1+5=9)

They gain 5 new items! They are:
ABL06.EXE
PWR07.EXE
ABL03.EXE
ABL05.EXE
PWR_BOOST chip LVL 4 (Gives the user +1 to STR for 4 turns)

Ludwig replaces JP!

------------------------
TEAM 6
"HAHAHAHA! Great job, Master Hand! Now squish the other one before he gets up!"

Steal James' knife and run to Ta. Open it.
Stab joe in the neck for wasting my time, if he manages to block my attack then grab his knife arm and shank him until he drops his knife.
Afterwards steal his knife and follow not albert((MOD: Two actions is enough))

TEAM 2
Personally, I think dexterity plays too much a role in combat, and that affinity/will are dump stats. But maybe that's because of the position I'm in.

"Probably should have ran for it. Ah well"

Joe tries to get up (again) and help his team mate, with priority being to dodge/deflect any incoming attacks.
Throw my knife at Bob.

VIRUS
Quote from: Master Hand
(Roll 5) Shoot (Roll 1) Not Albert

Bonus:
Joe hit his head and is dizzy. -1 to everything this turn!
Joe focuses on dodging instead of Attacking! +1 to dodge!
Joe is on the ground. -1 to dodge unless they get up!
James is on the ground. -1 to dodge unless they get up!

Initiative:
(Not Albert DEX: 6+2=8)(Action 2: 3+2=5)
(Bob DEX: 1+2=3)
(James DEX: 4+1=5)
(Joe DEX: 6-1=5)(Action 2: 3-1=2)
(MH DEX: 3)

Not Albert Action! (Steal James' Knife!)
(James WIL: 6) Pain Ignored!
(Not Albert vs James STR: 6-6=0 vs 6-1=5) Unsuccessful!

Not Albert Action 2! (Grab nearby treasure chest)

Joe Action! (Get up!)
(Joe WIL: 6-1=5) Pain Ignored!

James throws knife at Bob:
(James WIL: 3) PAIN! Action failed!

Bob attacks Joe!
(Joe WIL: 1-1=0) PAIN! Fail to dodge!

Damage:
(Bob vs Joe STR/END: 1+2=3 vs 3-1=2) Minor Damage!

Counter Chance:
(Joe DEX: 3-1) Nope!

Master Hand shoots Not Albert!
(MH vs Not Albert DEX: 2 vs 1+2=3) AOE hits! (Master Hand's bullets explode...)

Damage:
(MH vs Not Albert PWR/END: 3+1=4 vs 1+2=3) Minor damage!
(MH PWR: 3+1) Nothing!

Joe Action (Help James!)(I'm assuming your helping him get up)
(Joe WIL: 3-1=2) PAIN! Action failed! (not that is matters lol)

Not Albert is fast. How fast? Well he ran over to James to try to steal his knife (though he wasn't strong enough to break James' grip on it) and runs across the room to open up the treasure chest that just appeared! All before anyone else reacted! He opens it up and (Team 6 LCK: 1-1)(Roll: 4) a black blob comes out of it! It floats in the air for a few seconds before taking shape. It forms into a humanoid shape about 7 feet tall. It's looks kinda similar to a reptile... but nothing anyone has seen before. First impressions seems to be that is that it is fast and strong. On it's right arm is a long blade starts from the arm and extends over top it's hand. Whatever it is, it had to be an alien or monster of some kind.(For a better description then I can ever make up, look up Space Pirate in the Metriod games. This one is just a cannon fodder one with no particular special abilities and only that blade for a weapon.) It is defiantly not friendly to Not Albert.

By that time, Joe get's up from the ground and holds his head... almost losing his balance. James tries to sit up and throw his knife at Bob, but his pain was to much to ignore and just lays there where Master Hand crushed him. Bob tries to stab at Joe's neck. Joe tried to dodge out of the way but his pain in his knee suddenly spiked in intensity. The only thing he was able to do was block the stab with his free hand. The blade went right through Joe's hand. Bob was ready to attack again before Joe was able to jump back toward his partner. He then quickly tried to get him to his feet only give in to the pain of his knee and his hand.

This was around the time Master Hand floated up in the air a little and pointed at Not Albert with a gesture of a gun. He then shoots out a huge bullet at Not Albert. Lucky him that the bullet didn't move as fast as one and he dodged out of the way. Though a piece of shrapnel flew into his shoulder.

AOE:
(MH vs SP: 2 vs 3+3=6)

The alien jumped out of the way much faster then Not Albert came out completely unscathed.

----------------------------
TEAM 1
"Keep trying."

gut Horse

"Good job!"
Fly my knife towards the other team, trying to slash them if they get in radius, then open the treasurer.

TEAM 3
"Ow!  Dammit, you asshole!"

Chuck a FLASH chip in his face for hurting me and then shiv him.  Tell my knife to fly at him as well.
"SUCK IT UP STEVE, YOU'RE FROM MINECRAFT, just generate health like you normally do. D:"

Take cover behind Steve, make Steve use the control knife on the first target to attack him.

Initiative:
(Lord DEX: 6+3-1=8)
(Niko DEX: 4-1=3)
(Steve DEX: 3+3=6) (Action 2: 1+3=4)
(Horse DEX: 4+2=6)

Lord attacks Horse:
(Horse WIL: 4+1=5) Pain Ignored!
(Lord vs Horse DEX: 5+3=8 vs 1+2=3) Hit!

Damage:
(Lord vs Horse STR/END: 2+3+1=6 vs 3+1=4) Minor Damage!

Counter Chance:
(Horse DEX: 3+2=5) Yes!

Horse counters Lord:
(Horse WIL: 6+1=7) Pain Ignored!
(Horse vs Lord DEX: 5+2=7 vs 2+3=5) Hit!

Damage:
(Horse vs Lord STR/END: 1+4-6=-1 vs 1+2=3) Nothing!
(Horse vs Lord PWR/END: 1-10=-9 vs 1+2=3) Nothing! (o.O that's for 1's in a row! In think Random.org likes 1's today...)
(Horse PWR: 3-10=-7) Nothing!

Horse action! (Hide behind Steve!)
(Horse WIL: 3+1=4) Pain ignored!

Steve's action! (Chuck FLASH chip!)
(Steve WIL: 1-2=-1) PAIN! Action failed!

Niko action! (Grab treasure chest!)

Steve action! (Fly control knife)
Failed! (Thats not what it does.)

Steve just regularly attacks instead!
Steve attacks Lord:
(Steve WIL: 4-2=2) PAIN! Action failed.

Horse tries to hide behind his buddy but Adam Lord was too fast. He slashed at Horses gut only to miss slightly and hit Horse right in the hip. Though Horse's body is tough and is barely damaged. Though it sure hurts a hell of a lot. Horse decided to counter and slashed Lord right across the face. Though absolutely nothing happened! With no physical blade and Horse's PWR being too weak, the upgrade he has is actually worse then his regular knife. Then he proceeds to hide behind Steve.

Steve is in too much pain to do anything and unlike Steve from Minecraft, he doesn't regenerate his health. Niko also takes this chance to open up the treasure chest.

(Team 1 LCK: 5-2+1=4)

Niko and Lord get 2 new items! They are:
MOD09.EXE
PSYCH_BLAST chip (Use it to send a mental blast on an enemy. WIL vs WIL will be used to determine how much they are affected by it. Non-Lethal. Gives the target roll penalties.)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Viruses (click to show/hide)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:39 pm »

Plug ABL06.EXE into my knife. Attack if attacked
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:41 pm »

Plug PWR08.EXE into knife.

Plug ABL03 into knife.

Counterattack if attacked.

Encourage partner to add another whatchamacallit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:08 pm »

Plug PWR08.EXE into knife.

Plug ABL03 into knife.

Counterattack if attacked.

Encourage partner to add another whatchamacallit.
I thought you could only add one?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPGRADE: The Ultimate VR Game! *Need Players* Turn 4: SPAHS PERRATES
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:24 pm »

Yeah you can only add one to start. In order to add more you gotta kill other players.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »

perharps you should refrain from looting those chests in the future hey partner?

stomp on joes neck while his hand is still stuck on my knife, run the fuck away from the 2 viruses
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 12:06:57 am »

Try again! Chuck a FLASH chip in his face for hurting me and then shiv him.  Tell my knife to get bigger!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:41:28 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:03 am »

Keep murdering, focus on murdering(damage), defend Niko.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:22 am »

"Ha! Ultimate Power!"
Grab PSYCH-BLAST , use it on horse and co.
((If that isn't how my knife works how does it?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2013, 11:24:00 am »

"Ha! Ultimate Power!"
Grab PSYCH-BLAST , use it on horse and co.
((If that isn't how my knife works how does it?))
That's not how Steve's knife works, not yours. But now that I think about it... your knife if you use WIL instead of STR if you attack  by moving it with your mind.... I'm gonna have to change a few things. Well nothing much concerning you guys much. Just do what you always do.

Btw the items automatically get sent to your inventory, so you don't have to waste your action picking it up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »

Just use the first one, then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

"Jeez Steve you're so useless" says Horse, despite being even more useless himself. He probably considers the chance of dying a more important aspect.
Push Steve out of the way because he's a complete b*tch and then throw down/use the SUMMON chip.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »

"Gah, why would you include pain in virtual reality anyway!?"

Joe does the only thing he can do and attempts to dodge the attacks coming at him.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:07:27 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Man... feels like every turn I have to remind people to post lol.

Anyways... We're waiting on Wwolin and Doomblade.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2013, 03:44:42 pm »

Incite Master Hand into attacking me, and position myself so that his attack strikes the pirate.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10