Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Space Farers - Buyin Guns  (Read 3049 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Farers - The Moon
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:05 pm »

Monkey sighs and follows the group into the tourist trap. "I'm going to head to the bookstore and get some text on financing real quck. I'll meet you at the gun-shop when I'm done. If you are unsure about the guns on sale, wait for me to get back and help out. If you don't feel you can trust the salesman, buy time and keep him talking until I show up."

With that Harlem heads to the closest purveyor of fine literature to buy a book on finances. He also picks up the latest issues of any magazines related to Guns, Mechanics, Ships, Medicine, Fashion/Hairstyleing and 'Adult Interests' to keep himself and his crewmates entertained for the first few weeks of the voyage. He then heads to the Gun Store to meet the others and buy a side-arm.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:57:58 pm by Weirdsound »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 01:24:50 am »

Harlem heads to the nearest bookstore, a small place called Cornershop Books. Inside, he picks up a heavy book on finances, as well as a bundle of 50 magazines labeled "Spacer's Bunch" He exits the store after paying $125 for the book and magazines. He heads to the gun store, where the others are already waiting. The man at the counter seems nice, and he jestures at the walls covered in guns. "What do ye need? We got lethal, nonlethal, ammo, pistols, rifles, laser, solid round, anything you want, you can get. Even if we don't have it in stock, I'm betting you guys are spacers, so we can have it shipped direct to your ship, for a small fee, of course.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 04:34:37 am »

"What do you recommend for side arms under 1000? A solid pistol in the 5-8 hundred range would be good for all of us. If nobody else wants a primary weapon, I'd be intrested in something that can fill a sniper role. But the others have precedence over me when it comes to arms selection."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Farers - Buyin Guns
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:18 pm »

"Pistol, eh? Let me see... To be honest, for that price your better off just getting conventional guns. Lasers tend to be a bit more pricy. If you want a non-lethal option we have Nauseator Pistols, as well as Sonic Stunners. Now, in the conventional category, we have The Zener 15mm, a true brute's gun. We also have the 10mm and 7.5mm versions, as well as a pocket model."
"The sniper's a bit more expensive. You could get a Storm Carbine, or a Storm Rifle, both excellent choices, both firing 10mm caseless ammo, but the Rifle has a bit more punch packed in. That's really all we have in your price range, sniper rifles tend to be a lot more expensive then normal guns."

Weapons:
Zener 15mm - $870
Zener 10mm - $540
Zener 7.5mm - $450
Zener Pocket - $240
Nauseator Pistol - $650
Sonic Stunner - $650

Storm Carbine - $1,800
Storm Rifle - $2,700

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 06:51:49 pm »

"I doubt I would make the best use of a rifle or carbine, on the other hand I am torn between getting a non-lethal or a lethal."  Khan glances around the gun selection enraptured but confused, "I think I'll just let our enforcer pick out what guns he'd prefer me as a medic to have." 
Giving Monkey a hearty pat on the back, Khan says "You get what you think will suit us best, I'll just sew you shut whenever you get shot for us mate."  laughing quietly Khan waits a bit at the back, if the shopkeeper is free for any period of time Khan will pull him aside and ask "So mate, would you happen to know where one could acquire good medical supplies of a semi-legal nature?  I'd love to buy the prescriptions but you know how it is with most doctors, get shot and then come see me if you don't bleed to death first eh?"
Nom nom nom

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »

Ooh, a little pocket? That'd be perfect for me! Kaylee Eyes the pocket gun with hungry eyes. I want that one!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 01:26:54 am »

The owner nods at Khan, then jots down something on a scrap of paper. He hands it to Khan. Turning back to Kaylee, he takes her card and swipes it, then hands her the gun, along with a box of 50 shots.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:42 am »

"I think we should be taking one of each non lethal option, and another Pocket at least. Everybody needs something in case of trouble. We can decide who gets what later."

Monkey scratches his nose. "If nobody else wants to spend any money here, I'll take a 15mm for myself. I also think we should get some spare ammo to practice with, assuming Kaylee thinks she can find a patch of hull thick enough to use as target practice."

The large man pulls out his card and offers an awkward smile.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

You buy one each of the non lethal guns, a pocket pistol, and a 15mm hand cannon, along with a large box of ammo and batteries.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 11:49:06 pm »

Khan reads the scrap of paper, takes the nauseator pistol and then says "Goodday" to the shopkeeper.
Nom nom nom

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 11:57:56 pm »

There's an address on the paper. The shopkeeper nods to you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 12:45:04 am »

Pocket the pocket pistol and fall in line behind Khan. Where we headed, cap?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 01:05:51 am »

Khan walks just outside the shop and says to the group "I'd rather like to head to this adress, and I get the feeling we might be able to pick up work in the same spot.  However 4 armed people walking in might be a bit of a bad idea.  If you guys wanna finish up the rest of your business while I track this source down I shouldn't have any problem catching up with you later."  Khan glances about a little bit nervously "of course if anyone would like to volunteeeerrrr? Hhehehe."
Go to the address given to me by the shopkeeper.
Nom nom nom

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:55 am »

Well. I'm following Khan. I'd like to come along!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 01:49:33 am »

"Hehehe sounds good then,"  Khan hums quietly "Ohhh were off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of drugs~".
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4