Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Space Farers - Buyin Guns  (Read 3047 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Farers (0/4)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:52:55 am »

((Yay for failing all speech rolls! Hopefully we can increase our stats.))

Kaylee looks into the dense crowd of folk milling about, watching them muddle about their daily lives. Yeah, that sounds good. It'd be a lot safer here if we had a gun each. And shipping? Yeah, I'd like extra money. Groups of two? I'll join whoever wants to go gunshopping. Or for the contraband. I just don't want to be alone here, there's a lot of shady looking people.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:09 am »

"I'd feel a lot safer if we all just were together... we should be able to buy guys and at least hit up a few scuzzy back ally's or bars in the time we have.  Considering only one of us has a gun, and two of us melee useable weapons."

Khan gazes about a little nervously, "I'd kinda like to go shopping for some writing and software supplies... of course I might be able to do what I want to do when we are looking for work.  So... how much cash do we have spare?"

Khan checks himself for loose cash.
Nom nom nom

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 02:18:29 am »

"We almost have enough money to buy a freakin ship brother. Small arms are a drop in the water next to that. As long as we don't go crazy with our spending, I think we can get what we need."

Monkey scratches his head. "But we should stick together. You are right on that. I can't take a bullet for somebody who isn't close by."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:00 am »

Kaylee's eyebrows perk up as she hears the amount of cash we have. ooh! That sounds like enough to get a decent arc welder! I can do a lot with that! And - ooh, maybe upgrade the ship... She loses herself in her though momentarily.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 02:57:18 am »

Monkey nods, and begins looking for some stores. "Right. Lets get shopping then."

Proposed Shopping List:
1 Side arm per person
1 Main weapon for anybody who wants one
Ammo
Medicine
Deserts and Booze to serve as an occasional special treat during the long trip

I'm going to assume that there is alot of practical stuff that we need, but would reasonably exist on the ship for us to use for now.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 03:09:08 am »

The ship is outfitted with a full complement of engineering, and electrical tools. On previous flights, you have all had space suits, as well as small spacer packs containing several useful items for a low gravity environment. You all have plastic credit cards that are accepted almost anywhere. You funds total $10,000 that's not in you long term ship savings. Even though you have spent a long time gathering money, you're still going to need to get a loan to afford the ship
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:10:55 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 03:46:58 am »

((I just woke up now, and i've got to go to school right now, but i'll probably be able to write an action in 1.5 hours or so.))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:16 am »

"Can we add some document and identity forging supplies to that list?  Might be able to get us some 'Mercantile Cleared Traders Permits' or 'United Space Police Force' certificates with that you know?"
Nom nom nom

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 05:59:04 am »

Having overheard the conversation, Saks exits the transport. "That seems like a good list Monkey. If i were to recommend something, it would be some VR-Piloting glasses, i used them in the flight academy and they really help with navigation and controlling the ship. Though I am unsure whether it would be cheaper getting them here than on Mars. 

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 11:52:55 am »

Harlem frowns. "I don't think we should buy gear for our ship until we have a ship. Although I'm sure Kaylee can adapt most anything to work... Also, we should get a book on finance. If we study on the voyage to Mars, we can make sure we don't get terribly screwed on the loan we will inevitably take out."

Monkey points down a dark alleyway and smirks. "Anyway, I think we should hit the seedy part of town first... Guns and Forgery equipment are not always easy to find in upscale shopping centers. And Khan should be able to find some drugs with medical qualities on the street if we don't have time to hit a pharmacy afterwards."

Proposed Shopping List (Updated):
1 Side arm per person
1 Main weapon for anybody who wants one
Ammo
Document Forging Supplies
Books/Videos on the basics of Finance and Loans
Medicine
Deserts and Booze to serve as an occasional special treat during the long trip

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Farers - The Moon
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »

You see a terminal flashing "TOURISM" is bright red colors. Crossing to it, you find that there are enough shops withing walking distance to get everything you need. Almost anything, that is, the illegal goods may be a bit more... complicated.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 07:22:13 pm »

I really think we should try to smuggle some good across to mars, we need the money to help pay for the ship. Kaylee looks at the terminal. Hey, there's a gun shop not too far away! Let's go there first.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:27:30 pm by Pufferfish »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »

((Just a note poeple: If you want to do something IE: go to that gun store, please bold it))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:24 pm »

Go with the group to the gunstore
"Sounds good to me, wonder if they have any semi-auto machine pistols..... sigghhh"
Nom nom nom

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:51 pm »

Update in 4-6 hours, if there are no more actions kilakan gets to drag you guys along.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4