Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Space Farers - Buyin Guns  (Read 3050 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Space Farers - Buyin Guns
« on: January 24, 2013, 03:09:31 am »

You are part of a select few to travel the stars. At least, that's what the pamphlet said when you joined up. The reality is, you're under appreciated, underpaid, and overworked. You keep the good old Norma flying, even though she should have either depressurized or ripped into scrap years ago. The Norma is a Endymion class transport, 1000 ton hull, approximately 150 feet long. The ship holds ten crew, plus the captain. The four of you have been employed on this ship for three voyages, and have decided to pool your money to buy your own ship. Traveling space without a leash has been your dream for a while, and it's time to make that happen. This is your last voyage, and you're leaving in a few hours. Better get aboard.

This is going to be a space opera game, with a simplified GURPS Space system running in the background. Character sheets are below, currently accepting four characters. I will be including the ones I like most, picking in 24 hours. The game will be updated approximately every 24 hours, no matter if some people don't post.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:53:07 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Farers (0/4)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:26:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:31:31 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:51 am »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:17:33 am by Pufferfish »

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:11 am »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:19:33 pm by sayaks »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:16 am »

*Removed* Just found out I'm not likely to have net for the next month.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:42:46 pm by Xardalas »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:16:25 pm by Weirdsound »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:06:45 pm »

(4 people already? should I wait then?)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »

(4 people already? should I wait then?)
It's no first come first serve. The Gm will pick those sheets he likes most.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

I... think I might try to join this. Or at the very least post to watch. We'll see.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:31:47 pm by obolisk0430 »
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:47:02 pm »

Background time! I'll probably be picking characters in 8-10 hours.

Earth is a mess. Factories enjoyed more lax restrictions after other planets where colonized, and as a result the pollution skyrocketed. Now, Earth is mostly slums, and the sky is dark from the smoke that belches into the air constantly. The average lifespan is 63, and infant mortality is nearly 50 percent. Nobody with money stays on earth. The moon is now colonized, several bubble cities housing a total of two billion are spread across it's surface. While terraforming efforts are underway, the surface is still inhospitable, requiring a suit to travel between cities. While better than earth, the moon is still low income. Several underground bases are used as hideouts for illegal trade, as well as banned genecrafting and drug production. Several gangs control different portions of an underground tunnel system, and wars  between them break out periodically.

Mars is a different story. Terraforming has progressed sufficiently that no suits are needed, and several cities have sprung up across the planet. The housing cost is higher, as well as the standard of living. Violent crime is low, but authorities estimate that Mars is one of the largest producers of illegal drugs, second only to the moon. The two moons of Mars house the upper class, large houses and minimal pollution make Phobos and Deimos the best places to live in the Sol system.

FTL travel was made possible with the discovery of antimatter several years ago. While still extremely expensive, it provided a new frontier for the Human race, one that we gladly accepted. A few ships run on antimatter, but the majority still either run on hydrogen or another conventional fuel.

You are currently docked at a space station orbitting the Earth. You will be making the trip from Earth to Mars, a long trip, but this is the one that will get you that last bit of money you need to buy that ship.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »

Edited a bit for grammar.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:19:38 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:04 pm »

Edited background to reflect background information given by the GM.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

Based on my like for the characters, and how they fit into the world, I have chosen Khan I. Arman, Harlem 'Monkey' Chase, Kaylee Cobb, and Saks Klipper to be the first four in the game. It may be expanded later, but we'll see how it goes.

You are currently docked in Arman, on the Moon. Arman is a nice city, as moon cities go, but like everywhere crime tends to migrate to the bad parts of town. Unfortunately, most of the city is the bad part. There's a few bars around, but they tend to be populated by the kind of characters that respectable folk avoid. The boss cautions you to stick together, muggings in Arman tend to be deadly. There's plenty of stores around, so shopping is always possible. You have just landed on a transport from the station orbitting the moon, and you have four or five hours before it lifts off again, taking you to the ship where you will spend the next few months. What do you do?

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Monkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kaylee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Saks (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 01:09:39 am »

(Wow. Everybody dump-statted Cha...)

Harlem turns to the others. "I think we should buy some guns for you three. Or we could hit the bad part of town and see if we can find some contraband that needs shipping to mars... The more money we have the better a ship we can buy."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:12:14 am by Weirdsound »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4