Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 184360 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

@name: Urist Peasant (he's not a Smith) or whatever Peasant translates to in Dwarven.

@action: talk a bit more over another round of ale (there's less people now) and the drunker they get the more interesting stuff they might slip, then we check out the pipe-dwarf wares.

Also who the F voted for elves in the last poll!? Explain yourself immediately or prepare to be lynched! >:(
I was wondering this too, maybe it was someone trying to stir up chaos in the thread?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:17 pm »

@action: talk a bit more over another round of ale (there's less people now) and the drunker they get the more interesting stuff they might slip, then we check out the pipe-dwarf wares.
Well, 'they' currently translates into the overly drunk razor, pipeman and the (busy) brewster.

Edit:
We could try to sweet talk the brewster into having us as an apprentice. Offer to do the work for him while he watches, even if that work is carrying around stuff for him. In trade, we get a small sum of cash and the opportunity to increase our brewing skill; either through brewing on our own or watching him brew.

Giving Razor another drink is overkill.

Buying the pipe-dwarf a drink might make him more generous as far as his desired profit margin is concerned, but three darfbucks is quite a large percentage of anything we'd be able to buy now. Since our social skills are dabbling at best, we cannot expect to make such a large difference with a gift.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:25:01 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »

i agree we should convince brewster to take us under his wing, as it will not only solve our food and drink problem but it will also allow us to get out of the immigrant status and into a worker status which is a big deal especially here, add to that the option to get more info from the bar as we'll likely be working there as well and we got ourselves a good starting position for a revolution.

another good idea would be to befriend Esmar and have her teach us her skills (you never know when a high ambusher level might be useful) or atleast have her as a companion after all if she's an adventurer as she saysw e might use her to do the dirty work for us (steal from nobles or dispatch of them)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2013, 02:38:29 pm »

i agree we should convince brewster to take us under his wing, as it will not only solve our food and drink problem but it will also allow us to get out of the immigrant status and into a worker status which is a big deal especially here, add to that the option to get more info from the bar as we'll likely be working there as well and we got ourselves a good starting position for a revolution.
Let's not talk about adoptation yet. Just work. We don't want to give the poor dwarf a heart attack. Heck, if everything goes well, we might even adopt him instead of the other way around.

Edit: Maybe we could buy a dress and work as a barmaid? I want a blue dress.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:19:30 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2013, 05:05:05 pm »

Definitely ask around for work. Brewster's apprentice sounds about right, you would have a place to brew any plants you gather, and maybe even get some money for it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »

Definitely ask around for work. Brewster's apprentice sounds about right, you would have a place to brew any plants you gather, and maybe even get some money for it.
Also, free drinks.

Edit: We should at least buy a recent map of the fort.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:39:07 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:14 pm »

Ok, seems like we're goin for Nerin, Lord of the Glittering Caves.

@alonard Haven't seen you 'round before so I guess....Welcome!

Once again there are a lot of suggestions so I'll have to make yet another poll...Have any ideas on how I might improve on the system?  :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2013, 06:03:22 pm »

Optional?!

And yes, welcome newling. You'd be put through grueling initiation tests now, if only we were capable of doing something else then ordering this dwarf around.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:07:23 pm by AfellowDwarf »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:12 pm »

I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2013, 08:14:32 pm »

I'm okay with Gimli too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »

A position created by him, if your link is correct. Still, that's a lot less random then I'd hoped.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

Gimli died and Nerin took over.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:56 pm »

You know what? I believe it's appropriate now that I think about it. It's the title of a rebuilder, and our dwarven civ is clearly in a bad state. Goblins destroying forts, military coups, etc. We're the chosen one, there can be no coincedence.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:41:09 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2013, 12:48:54 pm »

If anyone asks about that "Glittering Caves" thing, we can claim that as the last survivor of our old fort, we are naturally its lord, and will reclaim it some day.

Might even be true.

For now, I think we should at LEAST ask Esmar where in this place she (as a fellow migrant, mind) has been able to stay.  If the answer is 'just an unclaimed room' we might be able to return to ours or find another.

While I might put it a little differently than barmaid (We are male, and making a decent impression on at least one dwarfette), temping here does seem like a plausible idea.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2013, 01:11:35 pm »

If anyone asks about that "Glittering Caves" thing, we can claim that as the last survivor of our old fort, we are naturally its lord, and will reclaim it some day.

1+
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 90