Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66825 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #855 on: July 15, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

"On the contrary. Since I do not trust you just yet, I would rather keep you close by just in case you send us off in a wild goose chase to do whatever you want to my homeworld." The diplomat still doesn't seem very convinced, but he has an idea that may work to reveal the truth. "Do not try anything funny, then. Fix the city and let us check the courier ship together."

Russano smiles. "Be frank; do not you think suspicion is healthy, specially after what happened?"

Undo the time bubble for both of us, but keep some lingering time influence around the man in anticipation in case another bubble is necessary.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:53 pm »

It worked to Ryan's surprise... the upgrade thing isn't dependent on whether he can game control of it or not... he starts wondering what the limit of this ability is.

But he can wonder on the way to to palace.

Drive the hover bike over to the two professors and take them to the palace. Get directions from Geronimo if necessary. 
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 15, 2014, 08:29:42 pm »

focus on this power, let it follow its natural course.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 15, 2014, 09:32:01 pm »

"I have no clue as to what you are referring to. I last remember fighting some odd octopus-like creatures, then seeing the land desolated around me."

Find out what happened before I regained consciousness. Observe the adventurers from a distance.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 15, 2014, 10:00:48 pm »

Roll 91

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[4+1] You collapse the time bubbles, releasing each person to their prior location.

[4+1] You aren't sure what you're thinking of, but you wanted to have some sort of time-influence on the mage after releasing him. Before you undid the bubble, you left a small wormhole in space orbiting him. The wormhole's radius is much smaller than that of a proton, but it should persist for a few minutes at least.

The 'Shadow Fellowship' halts its retreat at the sight of their companion, and then begins to walk toward your group, hands raised and weapons slung.
Perfectio comments on your methodology: "Ah, clever use of temporal mechanics! I assume you've negotiated a peaceful deal, such as the use of their powers for the common good in exchange for a pardon?"

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[4] Unfortunately the hover bike can hold only two before it starts tipping dangerously, so you take Geronimo first. However, you are amazed at the bike's sheer power otherwise. As you take off, the bike leaps over the cityscape and accelerates to a blinding speed in a flash. Somehow, you and Geronimo feel no acceleration, and the air around you is bent out of the way to make the bike perfectly streamlined despite its shape.

You reach the palace in a few seconds flat, and easily backtrack to bring back Valenkin. Shocked at the smooth ride, Valenkin asks if he is dreaming.
"No really, that is an amazing piece of work. Did you seriously build it yourself?"

[1] As you contemplate a response, still amazed yourself, you look back at the bike. It seems to be rapidly shifting forms now that you've stopped using it. As-in, the handles, wheel design, and seating is constantly changing in appearance. Nobody seems to notice as the form-changing rate speeds up to several times per second.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

((Oops, your martial trance was hidden inside a singularity abbr tag.))

[2+3] You succeed perfectly--in allowing your martial trance to expire. The power that was once flourishing inside you is now finished in its work, having healed your limbs. [5+3] Your dagger is also repaired! Its blade seems different from what you expected it to look like before, now having serrated teeth and various, almost-pointless curves. It resembles a work of fantasy.

New Miniquest: Mindcraft (Craft weapons using powers: 1/3)

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You ask Jo what she saw.
"Oh I see..."
She tries to figure out a way to explain it to you.
"Well, you were floating in the air, shouting things at the assassins. I think you caused that huge cloud of blades to form over the sky and engulf the forest, but fortunately Russano vaporized the ones heading our way."

[6] Hearing that the blades were... destroyed... sparks a repulsive feeling inside of you. You feel shards against your feet shaking with greater intensity than before.

"What's making that sound?"

+10 Fury
New Trait: Extant Rage
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:20:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 15, 2014, 10:14:31 pm »

((Oh wow, that new dagger is pretty awesome...
I wonder how many times i can life tap before i reach a point where i fall into a coma when my trance ends?))

rest and recover, try swiping a scalpel from the hospital.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 15, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

((Oh wow, that new dagger is pretty awesome...
I wonder how many times i can life tap before i reach a point where i fall into a coma when my trance ends?))

rest and recover, try swiping a scalpel from the hospital.

((You are fully healed.

Oh whoops, no you aren't Fixing...

I had to re-write the post and forgot to remove that on the second iteration.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 15, 2014, 10:33:04 pm »

"Something along those lines. I will explain the whole deal to you on the way." Russano tells Perfectio before glancing back at the assassins and gesturing for them to follow, a part of his consciousness still attuned to the wormhole he was prepared to unleash upon the old man should things get ugly again. "We should get moving fast, there is a city waiting to be fixed."

Time to fix the city, and after that we leave to check their camp inside the courier ship. The latter part should not be conducted by non-psions just in case their story is real, to avoid the risk of contamination. Russano repeats the old man's explanation to all of his pals and records it so he won't have to repeat it over and over in the future.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 15, 2014, 10:38:44 pm »

((Hm... I'm probrably gonna hate this but, did you take in account my 'Lack of common sense' trait? I surprising haven't rolled many ones since starting, and that doesn't seem to be a very amplified 1 lol.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 15, 2014, 11:02:35 pm »

((Hm... I'm probrably gonna hate this but, did you take in account my 'Lack of common sense' trait? I surprising haven't rolled many ones since starting, and that doesn't seem to be a very amplified 1 lol.))

((I keep forgetting.
In this case, looks can be deceiving.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »

"Yeah... didn't really build it... more like... created it I guess... or transformed it? I'm kinda amazed how well it worked..." Ryan said in response to Valenkin's answer... though this form changing, that only he can see apparently, is worrying him... is the upgrade unstable for some reason? Thinking that, before he took Valenkin to the palace, he decided to stop the constant shift in appearance.

Try focusing my mind on the bike, and giving it the image it had when I first upgraded from a broken vehicle. If I succeed, take Valenkin to the palace where he dropped off Geronimo.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 17, 2014, 05:20:18 pm »

"Well, what's done is done. I should see what Russano is up to, see what he has done while I was away."

Head to Russano and attempt to find what has happened during my 'hike'.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 17, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

Roll 92

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5+2] The bike, when focused on, immediately stops shifting forms. It appears that your shifting focus had caused the reality modification to fade away. Probably because of the ridiculous amount of technology it involved--technology that you weren't even aware existed!

You decide to try and prevent the bike from changing its form. You produce a spell similar to UPGRADE!!!!, but without the modifications involved. This should hopefully keep your items firmly rooted in reality no matter how high-end their tech is.

You ferry Valenkin across the city. He screams at first, but by the end of the trip he turns speechless.

Geronimo and the Aldrosian guards express immediate interest in studying the vehicle you've procured. They ask you if you would be willing to share the details with them.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

After you grant him permission, the yellow mage points to a nearby rock outcropping.
"That should provide a suitable outlook over the city."
He climbs to the top, and then crouches down, placing his hand level to the ground. He closes his eyes, and immediately you sense an immense amount of power flowing from him.

(4) In the distance, you see Aterrus slowly changing from its burning state to what it was before. Fires blink out of existence. Cars appear to float back onto the roads. And the lights come on again...

After it is over, you are pleased to see Aterrus back in working order. Or so it seems. It may be just an illusion, after all. In fact, your tablet still does not activate when you press the power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

The party seems to be moving to a rocky outcropping, so you follow them. As you move, you feel something tugging at your feet. The metal shards on the ground dig into your boots. More strangely, some shards cling to your feet without actually embedding themselves in anything. Shards also seem to be sticking to each other.

You notice a single long trail of shards about a meter long dragging sliding across the ground closer to you.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[2+3] vs (2) You begin to walk toward the hospital, but as you enter the garage, an ambulance suddenly enters the garage, flying backwards through the air. As you dive out of the way, the ambulance settles itself. You also notice something strange about the people nearby--they appear to be walking backwards, a a greatly accelerated speed no less.

You exit the garage, your armor just small enough to fit between the wall and the truck. Outside you see Hadrial standing and watching as the city appears to be putting itself back together. Cars side back onto the streets, their damage disappearing.

After the city pulls itself back together, you notice that the motorcyclist who had crashed into you is still on a stretcher in the middle of the street. He must have been dropped somehow, although he is still moving and witnessing the same things you see.

Two medical workers notice the driver and pick him up, bringing him back inside.

You manage to go inside and find a scalpel, before returning to Hadrial, who has acquired some bandages and is applying them to his arm.
"Where to next?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 17, 2014, 08:07:25 pm »

"I have no idea anymore... the hell is going on with this city?"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 18, 2014, 02:00:29 am »

"Ah... well... thing is I don't know the details either... but before that should we be helping the city instead of examining the bike?"

Talk

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75