Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66861 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #750 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:09 am »

"I-I don't think we have all that much time... and I'm feeling a weird charge... like it's fluctuating?" Ryan is starting to slip back into panic mode again, but he still had an idea of what he had to do. And he didn't have time to try to communicate with something that he doesn't even know is possible to communicate with. He had to take control of the building himself and leave the mind that's attacking them powerless.

Try to take control of everything in the building... or atleast as much of it as I can all at once.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:20:18 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 25, 2014, 03:44:42 pm »

"I-I don't think we have all that much time... and I'm feeling a charge ((or I was feeling a charge before the room shook?)) ((Idk which one lol))." Ryan is starting to slip back into panic mode again, but he still had an idea of what he had to do. And he didn't have time to try to communicate with something that he doesn't even know is possible to communicate with. He had to take control of the building himself and leave the mind that's attacking them powerless.

Try to take control of everything in the building... or atleast as much of it as I can all at once.

The charges fluctuate rapidly over your body.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 25, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

"Come back if i have any questions huh?"

Wander down the street and enter each emchanting store in turn and ask the owner if they are willing to teach me how to enchant stuff, offer to pay them if they seem open to the idea but reluctant to do so.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:18 pm »

The charges fluctuate rapidly over your body.

((Alright, edited my last post slightly.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2014, 11:05:49 pm »

"Persistent Beast..."

Create a pillar of stone under the ""head" and launch it up.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2014, 01:03:14 am »

Roll 77

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6] You spin around to wrestle free of the tentacled horror, flinging it off at high speed! (2+2) It rolls over, regaining its stance and begins to charge toward you anew.

[1+1] The fresh mountain stone calls to you like clay to the legendary potter. With a simple upward thrust of the fist, you raise pillars of rock beneath the foul creature in order to impale it and put an end to its wretched existence! In actuality, you merely give it stepping stones such that it can leap up onto your face, wrapping its tentacles around your head and applying a twisting force.

An old man emerges from the old hut, bringing with him a shotgun!
He fires it at the beast on your face, (1) splattering its brains [1] all over your face and coat!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] Surprisingly, you are able to take control of the building very easily, invading it with your mind and gaining awareness of all of the electrical systems!
[1] However, you aren't able to make any differences. Well, you are, but anything you try to do seems to be overridden immediately with far more chaotic fluctuations in power. They are far more random than before, so perhaps this isn't the working of that proto-mind from just before... minds are order, right?

Valenkin screams in a high-pitched voice.
"Is it over?"
"I'm not so sure. Ryan, do you sense anything?"

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

As you turn around, you feel a tap on your shoulder.
"Technically, I didn't say that."
The enchanter smiles.
"I could teach you the basics, assuming you have abilities worth enchanting with. Come into the store, it's too chilly for me..."

Inside the store, the storeowner places a little granite sphere over the counter, on a metal ring propped up by three legs.
"So, tell me what you can do."

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[4] You drain your enemy once again.
Feeling a great amount of energy coming in the form of twisted transistor flux, you release it with a Breeze of Life to help Perfectio and renew your party's strength.
(5) Something happens, though, and you feel something tampering with your cast.
Enemy used Overload
[6] Your breeze comes out as more of a blizzard, painting the room in an unhealthy green glow. You feel your wounds mend... but you take notice of the fact that so have your enemies'. The black assassin brandishes his blades with a grin, while the yellow assassin picks himself up and pulls out a revolver with some sort of harpoon rammed into the barrel.

Perfectio gets up and engages in melee combat with the blue assassin. {3} (6) He is once again smacked, this time across the room, landing in a heap.

Jo, on the other hand, comes to the rescue by switching her polearm into the form of a marksman rifle, threatening the green assassin against the wall!

"I demand full surrender. You have until I finish this sentence to set down your weapons before I shoot!"

The black assassin's grin disappears. He hears the threat and immediately drops his weapons, as well as emptying a sleeve full of daggers onto the floor.
The green assassin stands in shock.
The yellow assassin continues to aim his weapon, pointing it directly at Jo. He drops it just before she finishes, (6) and it misfires! (Parry roll: n/a) (Deflect roll: Success!) The harpoon bounces harmlessly off of the composite plate draped over Jo's shoulder.
The blue assassin recedes into the dark corner of the room, her hammer resting neatly on top of... a pillar of ice.

Footsteps can be heard coming from the hall.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:44:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 26, 2014, 02:03:10 am »

"You never tire of that trick do you?" says Kenjaro with a wry smile.

Once at the counter he resumes conversing with the owner.
"As for my abilities there are three in particular i think might be useful in echanting.
Firstly i project a psionic field around myself that increases the rate of cellular regeneration and lets me heal rapidly.
Secondly i am able to perform a kind of essence transfer, this lets me pull injuries and such from others onto myself or force them to shoulder mine.
Finally i can perform a mind blast of sorts, i generally reserve that for opponents i cannot harm physically, its a panic button of sorts.

Any of them worth using?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 26, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »

"You never tire of that trick do you?" says Kenjaro with a wry smile.

Once at the counter he resumes conversing with the owner.
"As for my abilities there are three in particular i think might be useful in echanting.
Firstly i project a psionic field around myself that increases the rate of cellular regeneration and lets me heal rapidly.
Secondly i am able to perform a kind of essence transfer, this lets me pull injuries and such from others onto myself or force them to shoulder mine.
Finally i can perform a mind blast of sorts, i generally reserve that for opponents i cannot harm physically, its a panic button of sorts.

Any of them worth using?"

The man puts his hand to his chin, taking on his characteristic sly grin.
"There's potential in that, yes..."
He takes the granite ball off its stand and hands it to you.
"Imagine if the ball was part of you. Hold it, and see. Try to hit it on something, and manually express pain in response. I know it sounds silly, but there are some steps you need to do first.

Afterward, try to channel your power through the ball, the same way many psionics users do with their arms and hands. You've seen that, right? A flick of the wrist, or the snapping of the fingers, can be an effective way to actualize powers because of the way our minds work. Simply thinking of it doesn't have the same force."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 26, 2014, 04:38:54 pm »

"what do you mean by manually expressing pain? Should i bite my lip or simply try to believe that it hurts?"

Strike the granite sphere against my armor and attempt to manually express pain.

If successful, attempt to focus my psionic energy within the orb before releasing it as an essence transfer and pulling tge shopkeepers injuries (if any) onto myself.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 26, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »

"what do you mean by manually expressing pain? Should i bite my lip or simply try to believe that it hurts?"

"Y-yeah, that sounds about right. Just believe!"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »

((Before post my action... from that last bit, am I correct in thinking you meant that there is now multiple minds now and not just one?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »

((Before post my action... from that last bit, am I correct in thinking you meant that there is now multiple minds now and not just one?))

((There is at least one other power in effect.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 27, 2014, 04:55:31 pm »

"I don't think it's over either... I have control of the systems in the building but the thing causing all of this is overriding everything I do as soon as I do them..." Ryan says as calmly as he can... but panic can still be heard slightly. Ryan has never really gotten used to dangerous situations yet. "And something else is going on that I'm not sure about... I'm not even sure of what do now. Except a for some things... but I don't think they will work."

Doubting himself some, Ryan keeps on trying keep on trying to not allow the mind or the new thing(s?) to have control of anything anymore. And also attempts to shut down the building's power since that's the only thing he can think to stop it.

Shut down the building's electrical supply any way possible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 27, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

"Gentlemen and ladies, I can hardly understand the reason that threat worked, but since it worked..." Russano assumes a defensive position and puts a hand at the pommel of his loyal Torque sword, feeling too drained to use any psionic abilities at the moment.

Assume defensive stance and make sure the assassins won't try anything funny.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »

((Bump for HEN!))
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75