Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66914 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #630 on: March 23, 2014, 06:47:10 pm »

'Life support... doesn't matter with this ship.... Engine status... could be useful to stop it... but it'd be stopped only as long as I'm around... Power supply... that'd be the most helpful of the things I have access to. Hm... since the AI itself seems hard control maybe I can take control of it's weapons and make the ship destroy itself? Seems to be the most fun way... good thing there isn't anybody onboard the ship. That metal humanoid is probably a maintenance robot or something...' Thinks over his options decides on a way to permanently disable the ship.

Try to gain more control of the ships systems... in particular look for it's weapons control and see if it has any missiles I could detonate or defenses I could use to make the ship shoot itself.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:02:56 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 23, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »

((I didn't even notice this had updated last week, but then again I was worried sick about a project and kind of all over the place.))

"Miss Anyas. Found anything interesting?" Russano asks as the technician walks towards him.

Info!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:03 pm »

((I didn't even notice this had updated last week, but then again I was worried sick about a project and kind of all over the place.))

"Miss Anyas. Found anything interesting?" Russano asks as the technician walks towards him.

Info!

((I feel ya, I had two group projects last week and only a few days to work on each.))

"I found a folder on the drives listing partnerships and associations of the Van Buren company. There are quite a few dedicated to hijacking. I found nothing related to our expedition, but there's a fair amount of GoI's we can look into. Want to take a look while we fly?"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:39:10 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 23, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »

Russano glances at the unmoving, silent figures of Dominic and Ryan before his attention returns to Anyas. "Absolutely. At least two of my comrades are partaking in the experience proportioned by deep trances so I have enough time and attention to dedicate to reading."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:29 pm »

((Can I bump this?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »

((I'll help! :3))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2014, 02:44:48 pm »

((Please do, if only people would respond! I don't want to be bothersome and send out pm's regularly :P

Still waiting on half our players.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2014, 04:43:23 pm »

((Useless phone internet keeps eating my posts.))

listen in on the conversation between the captain and the technician
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

"Hmm, the OS is ancient, no hopes in taking control manually. That only leaves the direct approach. Now where is the mainframe..."

Look for visual aid to determine where the AI is kept, and head to the room.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #639 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

Roll 64

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
First Mate John Astley

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[2] First, you attempt to query the computer's systems directly. However, the interface is so heavily buried underneath piles of code and security measures, preventing you from accessing the actual controls of the ship from the computer itself. You'll simply have to explore the ship manually with your wit and the rest of the surveillance cameras, both inner and outer, identifying things you can take control of on your own.
Using the ship's outer cameras, you can at least get a glimpse of the ship's general design. You spot two large towers connected to the main body by large amounts of scaffolding and rigging. On the end of each is a reflective orb mounted to a swiveling joint.
The ship's other armament must be underneath its armor, as you can't find anything else that could possibly be a weapon. No ballistics or the like.
The engine and reactor both have backup computer that you could infiltrate. However, since it is connected to the ship's central computer and thus under AI control, you aren't able to modify its functioning. Not without severing the connection, at least.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6] You press some buttons on the console and, through sheer luck, manage to bring up a 3d display of the ship's interior, labelled in English! Alas, the cameras don't have very good resolution, so it takes you some time to read the map. During this time, the security measures seem to have engaged, as you feel a lack of air pressure on your golem. Perhaps the atmosphere has been vented from the bridge? You turn to check the bridge entrance and find that the metal door has been locked down and does not open. Regardless, the computer is located underneath the platform you are on, so simply climbing down the ladder gets you directly next to the computer--a great cylinder about the size of a room, covered with tubes and wiring sticking out--and at its primary control panel.

You are prompted for a password.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Since the captain and technician both leave, you follow them. Tech. Anyas holds the elevator door open for you as she sees you walking down the hall.

The technician leads the both of you to the ship's computer room. Dimly lit except by the blue glow of various monitors and screens, you feel right at home. In fact, all the hissing of the coolant through its pipes and the hap;hazard wiring reminds of exactly what it's like all over a Cyrian military vessel. You're not sure whether the nostalgia justifies all of your terrible memories from the Legion.

Anyas brings up the data she was talking about earlier on a monitor. You listen in on what she tells Russano.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Alright, so the first bio we have is on the Bloodhounds themselves. You'll notice that lot of the data is from our Agents who organized this whole mission for you. Fortunately for us, they bought into it entirely. Anyway, most of this is fake, so we'll move on to the next group, in alphabetical order..."
She brings up a page marked with a big insignia, depicting an Eagle spreading its wings over a ringed planet.

Kenjaro raises his eyebrows momentarily, recognizing the symbol from Codo.

"This is the Central Navy. We haven't heard on them before. In fact, all of the records are fresh, ranging from only a few months to a year. Considering that our expedition went missing eight months ago, this is well within the limits.

The Central Navy display an unusual interest in unmarked vessels that newly arrived after an STL journey. Most of these are either generation ships or their crew has only recently been grown from embryos. Most of the people on them are clean slates, so this makes me think they're a cult or something. That explains how they've remained under our radar for a year. They also show interest mainly in the border and edge worlds, which includes the Arcas cluster, which is where our expedition was due. Still, I don't think they're the right ones. There's a few more in here that I want to get to. Shall I go on?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:24 pm »

Russano takes a moment to turn his eyes to Kenjaro and smile pleasantly. "Gentleman, I know you've been rescued by us and you're now basically part of the crew, but it would be in good taste to ask for permission in case you want to listen to a chat between a captain and one of his technicians after they left for a more reserved place. That's all I wanted to say."

"Now" his attention returns to Anyas. "please continue."

Continue with the info dump.
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2014, 02:10:16 am »

"my apologies captain, i have maybe been enjoying my newfound freedom a bit too freely and the importance of this information to me should not override common courtesy. I shall endeavor to avoid such thoughtless actions in the future."

continue infodump.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:01:15 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 01, 2014, 03:09:41 pm »

Ryan get's frustrated by the huge amount of coding blocking his way, and briefly thinks that reading some stuff on programming would be helpful in the future. Then he turns his attention to the two turrets he seen. They look like they could be pointed down toward the ship itself.... hopefully... or he'd have to think of another plan.

Try to take control of the turrets on the outside of the ship, and once I do, start blasting away at the ship... particularly toward wherever the power supply is located... or at least my best guess of where it is through the cameras and memory.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 03, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »

"Password, eh? How does libertatem et veritatem sound?"

Enter the above into the keypad, then punch through the enter key into the computer.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #644 on: April 03, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

Roll 65

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
First Mate John Astley

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Ah, the Ross anthem! What a fitting motto to use when defacing a piece of Centauri hardware.

[3] Unfortunately, your metal fingers don't render very well on the capacitative screen. With that, you simply muster a punch and send your metal fist crashing through the screen with its momentum.

[1-2] The rest of the computer is slightly more difficult to break through. The machine is encircled in a case of some smooth, amorphous metal which your powers cannot manipulate. Your fist simply rebounds off the surface and deforms, slowly returning to its prior form as you realize what happened.

You hear an alarm going off above you.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] Controlling the targeting systems would prove to be difficult, as you would not only have to break through the connection with the AI control, but you would also have to bypass the lockdown mechanisms and IFF protection that keeps the ship from firing at friendly vessels.

[6] Fortunately for you, you manage to skip all that and directly control the motors. The laser emitters themselves are in the center of the ship's body, but you can control those as well in the same way. By manually aiming and powering up the weapons, you fire two sweeping beams down the length of the ship, aiming to bisect it. Unfortunately, your knowledge of ship combat is lacking, and you fail to pulse the lasers properly, leaving pools of bubbling slag stuck to the otherwise pristine surface of the ship and without penetrating the armor! Additionally, you burn out the lenses in mere seconds as the cooling systems fail to engage.

You sense that there is an alarm inside the Centauri ship's bridge.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro
Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Alright."

The technician pulls through a bundle of quick notes hastily scratched out on some manufactured paper. Detective work was not her usual duty, and this could be inferred from her degree of disorganization and nervous tone. Regardless, she continued on, hoping the captain would make something of the info.

"So, the Iron Crown is known for causing all sorts of shenanigans across this sector and beyond. Even the Polarian megacorps have reported terrorism of Centauri origin, using military assets of Centauri origin such as needlers, armor, and even some vehicles in certain cases. I believe they are a likely candidate as their presence is only growing. They do not usually attack non-House vessels and settlements, but in the case that they mistook our expedition for a diplomatic voyage or colonial effort, they might have intervened."

She pauses and sighs before the third group of interest.

"Then, there's the Lanian Brotherhood. They're probably not as well-known as the Iron Crown. They're a group of pirates under the banner of Doradus Lanian, a fictional persona built as a front to conduct diplomacy with the houses. In actuality, there's been about four to five different Doradus Lanians throughout their history, but despite internal conflicts they've kept up the charade for long enough that they're basically ignored by most modern navies. Neither the Centauri, nor Ross, nor Polarian military will apprehend a Lanian follower or vessel unless they've been involved in some sort of crime--which they have. As per their stated reputation, they are pirates. They look for defenseless vessels and comandeer them, often selling the crew on slave markets or outright slaughtering them if they refuse to join their ranks.

They operate fairly close to our expedition's location, but I'm not so sure about this one, since whomever stopped ours deliberately sent back brainwashed crewmen giving us false data. If it were Lanians, we wouldn't have heard back from them at all."

Anyas acts as if she just realized something important.

"Oh right! The Queen arranged for further interrogation to be done on the brainwashed subjects, just in case there's a spark of knowledge still in their heads. When we get back, we may want to visit, to see if they got anything useful out of it.
There's still a couple more groups."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75