Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66964 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

Now that he's finally out of that clunkly armor, Ryan wants some rest his exhausted mind... though he can feel his powers growing... or was his powers better before he forgot everything? He's glad he has time to himself to figure out his past again.... but first thing's first... some sleep.

Go to my room and take a short nap... and head to the library to put my Backtrack passive to use.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 01, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »

I'd like to join. Just put me on the waitlist since I see the game is full right now.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Also, he's propably really OP and doesn't fit at all, but that's for the GM to decide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »

"I came from the mines dominic helped me escape from, as for my arms i tried tearing the arms off of the stations invulnerable guard captain and the shoulder joints on both powersuits couldnt take the strain."

"Any chance you could repair my suit when you have the time?"

"Dominic?" the engineer asks, unfamiliar with the others Russano had brought onto the ship. Then he remembers.
"Oh yes, Dominic. So you gentlemen got into quite the brawl? I could repair that suit, but I'm a little busy fixing the life support right now. If you leave it here I'll be done with it as soon as I can."

I'd like to join. Just put me on the waitlist since I see the game is full right now.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Also, he's propably really OP and doesn't fit at all, but that's for the GM to decide.

((You can enter if Tiruin doesn't end up PM'ing me her character. Speaking of which, I should PM her right now. EDIT: I got the pm from her, but don't worry, you're up next ;D))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:07:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »

"ah yes it was indeed a fine brawl, i wouldnt mind fighting that guard captain again... its not often im able to be swept aside so easily. Can you believe that i drove this dagger into her unprotected armpit and it was the dagger that shattered?

Anyways i am grateful to you for your help with my suit good sir, Id best introduce myself to your command staff and find out what they plan to do with me and my companions. It was nice talking with you.

hand richard my shattered dagger mid conversation, place my suit and its arms neatly in a corner when im ready to leave then head up to the residence level.

((Hmm, maybe ill spend my skill points on a "heal other" and some sort if aura ability... not sure if i want it to buff allies or penalise enemies though.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 02, 2014, 01:21:01 am »

"ah yes it was indeed a fine brawl, i wouldnt mind fighting that guard captain again... its not often im able to be swept aside so easily. Can you believe that i drove this dagger into her unprotected armpit and it was the dagger that shattered?

Anyways i am grateful to you for your help with my suit good sir, Id best introduce myself to your command staff and find out what they plan to do with me and my companions. It was nice talking with you.

hand richard my shattered dagger mid conversation, place my suit and its arms neatly in a corner when im ready to leave then head up to the residence level.

((Hmm, maybe ill spend my skill points on a "heal other" and some sort if aura ability... not sure if i want it to buff allies or penalise enemies though.

When you mentioned the dagger falling apart, the engineer's eyes opened wide.
After you are finished speaking, he retorts, "--after the arms tore off? I wouldn't take yourself for granted there. If you can break a dagger against an immovable object that's fine enough."

((I always imagined your character as some sort of ramping threat who is unstoppable once he gets going, so what about abusing your in-combat healing by having an ability that hurts yourself to do damage or heal others? Just a thought.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 02, 2014, 01:51:28 am »

((My psionic focus was healing so i was trying to keep all my spells falling under that category.
I suppose a spell that lets me shift damage to or from my body would be very useful and could be considered healing, ill take it.
Id also like to grab an empowerment spell that will let me give a single person a stat boost.))

"Hmm i suppose your right, but that psionic armor of hers was something else... i couldnt even scratch her but she effortlessly threw me clear across the room and broke my arm in the process... then once my armed healed itself and the fight ended she dislocated it simply by helping back to my feet."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:45 am »

((My psionic focus was healing so i was trying to keep all my spells falling under that category.
I suppose a spell that lets me shift damage to or from my body would be very useful and could be considered healing, ill take it.
Id also like to grab an empowerment spell that will let me give a single person a stat boost.))

"Hmm i suppose your right, but that psionic armor of hers was something else... i couldnt even scratch her but she effortlessly threw me clear across the room and broke my arm in the process... then once my armed healed itself and the fight ended she dislocated it simply by helping back to my feet."

"That arm of yours doesn't look dislocated to me. You've been flapping it about like your other arm. You sure it's dislocated?"

((Psionics in this universe isn't like magic. It's based on your personality, not on a specific school or field. If your character has enough motivation to cause people's heads to explode, then they will explode. The art is in the repeatability.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 02, 2014, 03:00:53 am »

((Psionics in this universe isn't like magic. It's based on your personality, not on a specific school or field. If your character has enough motivation to cause people's heads to explode, then they will explode. The art is in the repeatability.))
((Oh sweet, in that case id like to grab both "damage transfer" and "brain exploder" as spells.))

"My body heals at an almost excessive pace, my shoulder is merely bruised now."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 02, 2014, 02:23:41 pm »

"But it can't fix what a good ol' printer can."

The engineer returns to his duties at the workbench. He seems to be writing down a series of commands on a piece of paper.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Wait until the engines start to repair my coat. In the meantime, expand my abilities to have precise control over metals.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 03, 2014, 01:02:51 am »

Russano stretches like an overly big cat enjoying his first moment of rest in hours as he glances towards Anyas with a smile, managing to make even his stretching seem at least partly elegant and composed - he was a diplomat but not capable of performing miracles. "Affirmative. Run a search using Perfectio's instructions and let us see what we find." the diplomat answers as his gaze returns to the screen.

Get that search done.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 03, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »

The technician responds, brow raised.
((EDITED)) "Perfectio gave me the list of terms. If you want, I can run the search by myself while you go get the crew ready for the trip back home. I'll tell you what I can find."

((We're heading to Aldros II next, by the way. Tiruin's character will probably be there. I'd like to set up some cultural context for Aldros II, such as having a ceremony in the bridge whenever a mission is completed.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:02:21 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »

((I thought he had left keywords due to this:))
Quote from: GM's turn
...and run a search for a list of terms Perfectio left.

"That would be very appreciated. Thank you and excuse me." Russano answers before leaving the room and heading to the bridge while using the comms system to the get the ceremony prepared. Nothing too fancy since it had not been a major victory in an ongoing conflict, but since it was the kind of tradition only the sternest military leaders overlooked...

Surely enough, there should be a toast to the rulers of Aldros II as well as a second one directed to the Order of Thorns as the tradition of his house dictated. He would need someone to guide the newcomers through the details just in case.

Prepare a small victory ceremony to be held at the bridge.

((I can help write how such a ceremony would be conducted if you so wish.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 04, 2014, 12:01:11 am »

((I thought he had left keywords due to this:))
Quote from: GM's turn
...and run a search for a list of terms Perfectio left.

((Oh, I guess he did then!))

((I can help write how such a ceremony would be conducted if you so wish.))

((You may, it's your homeworld after all))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #554 on: February 04, 2014, 10:29:31 pm »

Roll 55

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Current level up status (Will edit character sheets after we've all decided... or unless you plan to use some new powers right now):

Russano Neskratt--Level 3 Warlock
+Choice Pending+

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
Janet Yamato
Herman Jackson

superBlast, AKA Ryan

You reenter the elevator and point it down to the library level. Before the elevator reaches full speed, it stops to let in one of the Cyrian guys that Dominic brought on board. Kenjaro stands off to the side without a word, waving his hand as a greeting before peering down and inspecting his arm.

The elevator first stops at the residence level, where you find Crewman Yamato and the other two newcomers at a table. They seem to be having a conversation. You stay inside the elevator as Kenjaro departs, then make it to the library floor without further stops.

You browse through the shelves, looking in the Worlds and Societies section for some sort of encyclopedia. You notice a little device attached to the shelf that you didn't see before. After unfolding the keyboard from the screen, you find that the device is a virtual directory that lets you search for and locate books in that section.

Browsing through the collection, you locate the book "Centauri Current Events: Politics and Corporations in Recent Times." It is a medium-sized book similar to a college textbook that, according to the preface, is a guide for newcomers to the Centauri political landscape and the recent conflicts between private and public interests. The book has no author, instead being credited to the "Freelancer's Union."

You skim through the book, then set it back in the shelf partially jutting out over the edge so that you can find it more easily. You go up to your room--past a now-heated discussion between Crewman Yamato and Codo--in order to set your things on the wall and tuck yourself in for a quick nap.

+1 Skill Points Earned!
+Choice Pending+

(Did you already gain a point from your backtrack passive at this library? I don't think so.)

You wake up earlier than you thought you would, but this time not inside the ship. Somehow, you are inside a great black void. The floor of this area is strangely reflective, in a way uncharacteristic of actual light bouncing off of a surface but simply in a way that you perceive that it's there... You look more closely at the floor and see little copies of yourself running around in open-roofed hallways! The halls are arranged in a pattern you can best describe as a circuit board...

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Walking out of the elevator, you spot Codo and Harry at a standing table discussing matters with one of the crewmen--Janet Yamato is the crewman's name.

"Oh look, it's another Cyrian. How many did that mercenary bring aboard?"
"Huh?"
Codo raised his brow in amusement.
"The Ross... tend to be a little predisposed to anger. There's been a lot of conflict between our people. Ironically, we are more hospitable to our war prisoners than the Ross are to their guests, it seems."
"Syrians, you say? I can't remember them having a space program..."
It took a little while for Janet and Codo to realize where Harry was coming from.
"Ah, you're from Earth! When did your ship arrive?"
"They're still arriving after all these years?"
Janet held a finger to her lips.
"Uh, I think it was a week's worth of time. I don't know if you still keep track of time that way."
"We do, it's just very complicated, given relativity and all that."
"So how did the Van Buren company find you?"
"We were going to land the planet you call Jarvis IV to settle there, but we arrived a tad late for that. We first saw lights on the planet's surface, and when we got there started trying to communicate with the locals. A Van Buren ship picked up our transmission, and we led them straight to our location..."

Codo sees you.
"Oh hi Kenjaro. I was arguing about politics with Ms. Yamato here. Care to join us?"

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You call the bridge using your communicator and tell them you are coming to start the ceremony. You first go to the pub level and grab a bottle of homestyle whiskey for the occasion. Then, you head down to the bridge, where you find your first mate, a number of the crewmen, and Steven Cobalt surrounding the helm.

"Welcome back, cap'n!" greets Herman.
Steven immediately notices the bottle in your hand and grins.

((The helm, by the way, is not a traditional steering wheel as the name implies. It is a 3D projector that uses lasers to ionize the air above it in the shape of an orb with a tactical display inside of it. By moving your hands around it, you can "grab" the orb in order to rotate whatever is on the viewscreen, although there is no tactile feedback other than the plasma crackling at your fingertips.))

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You begin to ponder how much more useful your abilities would be if you could control metal. While you were born on a rock, raised on a rock, and spent most of your gentleman days back on Gaia, the most glorious rock of them all, you can't help but think that most things you are running into these days are made of metal. Controlling metal would allow you to hold the entire crew of a spaceship at your whims, although only a fool and a coward would do such a thing.

[5] You practice by levitating your armored Top Hat around the room. After a few tries, you can do it without hitting the walls! You might be on to something.

New Miniquest!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:03:39 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75