Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66919 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »

"...What? What did you think?" Russano is made curious by the man's comment. "And deactivate the security measures for good. Now."

Get the Overseer to deactivate security in the room, then get the encryption key from him. Keep him restrained at all times.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 14, 2013, 10:45:25 pm »

"My name is Sir Dominic Zoshan. And you must be Codo. Come, we must make haste."

Find where Codo's voice came from, then begin back-tracking to the hanger.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2013, 01:27:24 am »

As Dominic replies to the voice behind him, he turns around and does not find any open barrels.
"Great! Just... great. Can you help me out of this barrel? The cover's sealed shut after it cooled down from the cutting process. Just find a jackhammer or something."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »

"Oh, I have just the thing! Hold on."

Use my Geokinesis to split the barrel open.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2013, 02:23:40 pm »

Roll 43

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"Thanks, I'll just sit in here until--"

[6] Exploiting the steel's crystalline formation, you apply your skills to the metal barrel, neatly bisecting it down the middle without so much as harming the man inside. Codo stands up, forcing off the loose barrel cover (and causing it to float away), and shakes your hand.
The man himself seemed twitchy and nervous, and while he was tall, he was hunched over and couldn't quite stand straight. He had no hair, and wore a mechanical lens over his left eye, which was bloodshot and dilated. Overall, he seemed like a nice fellow that spend a little too much time in zero-G and probably suffered an eye injury at some point in an accident, probably recently as you recall advanced medical equipment being available even back on Lokhis, for how barbaric the place was.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

"Introductions aside, I believe we should get moving. Dominic, do you have a plan for the four of us?"
"I believe we would arouse far too much suspicion bringing three people in employee's uniforms into the hangars. I could probably distract whatever guards we come across, and there aren't too many past the bar and hallway. The pirates and mercenaries might not be cooperative, however."
"We won't need distractions if we just steal some power armor and walk through. Codo, you've been trying to figure out the equipment they use, correct?"
"They keep the suits in the barracks. That said, it's not hard to steal a suit from a guard. You can deactivate the suits from the control panel on the wrist. I wouldn't take one of them head-on though. They use stun rounds on all of their weapons."
"Even the miniguns?"
"I'm not even sure why they have miniguns in here. I've never seen them load those."

As the others deliberate, the injured worker that was recovered before comes up with a third option.
"The loading docks are at the bottom of the lift. If you can get your ship in there, we could sneak out from below."
"Alas, we've only got a small shuttle. What kind of docking is it? The shuttle isn't designed to carry cargo."

--

Quote from: Characters Present
Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Overseer Wallace

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

"Bleugh!" Davis exclaims, mostly speechless. On one hand, he was impressed with his own ability to actually possess people, although he realized that the process had a profound effect on his own memory. He did not remember any of his target's past memories, he only remembered what he did while in the person's body. Arguably more important, however, is whether or not Victor Wescott was aware of anything during this time. Judging from Davis' own slumped posture, he did not simply swap bodies, but actually steal the person's cognitive facilities and physical body. From a philosophical point of view, Davis had no idea whether or not this would count as killing a person by removing their consciousness and then resurrecting them in a sense, but the worst case scenario, physically, was that Victor retained all memory of what Davis did or thought during the possession.

Now, however, Davis realized he had a mission. It took some time for him to remember it, but seeing Russano grabbing the station's overseer by the neck and making threatening comments sparked his memory. He was here to steal some data in order to find out whether or not the Van Buren company took part in sabotaging an expedition led by the Aldros Hierarchy.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Ryan stands by, blocking out all power to the remote and security systems and waiting for Russano to finish.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"I just... I just... just thought that you would hold us hostage. Or something. Do you want money? I'll give it to you. I won't tell them the specific pirates, and since you're taking the data anyway...(right?)... there isn't a thing they could do to track you!"
He seemed to be pressing a button
"Ugh... my dearest apologies, my remote isn't working. The bloody thing must have just been fried. But the physical defense systems won't activate unless the remote is present. From now on, it assumes we're all just maintenance personnel!"

[5] You allow the overseer to grab his computer. over his shoulder, you make sure that he doesn't call security from the computer itself--you're not sure if Ryan can block network communications as well--but your metal fist hovering overhead is enough of a deterrent. He opens up a text file with a number of keys, and starts writing one of them down on a piece of paper. He hasn't closed the computer yet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »

Eyes alert and focused on the overseer's actions, the diplomat-temporarily-turned-pirate smirks as the man explains what he was expecting. "I have no need to take people hostage unless unexpected problems arise since I am here just for the data and nothing else... If security is called, however, heads may unfortunately need to part with their respective bodies." he says in an indirect threat of rather obvious implications - everything goes my way and you will be fine, but call security and you are toast.

"Are you done with your computer? We are on a schedule here." he asks with affected gentlemanliness, one of his metal-clad fists hovering near the man's neck.

Continue with the threaten-and-obtain-data mission.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »

((Man I really don't have anything to do... so doing Cae's suggestion.))

Without much to do, Ryan thought it might be a good idea to figure out how that security remote works, and copy what it does. That way he can actually command the security around here instead of just blocking it.

Take the remote from the Overseer person and figure out what all it does and beable to do them with my mind. Even try coping it's wireless signal too. If the overseer happens to not wanna let it go, do as Russano and do a little threating with my wepon. And of course continue to block security until I'm sure I can copy the remote's functions.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:14:38 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:40 am »

((Man I really don't have anything to do...))

((The scene is rolling out slowly. Since the GM said you can multi-task, why not take the remote and analyze its function until you can perfectly imitate its commands?))
>Yes?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2013, 12:06:23 am »

((Oh... that sounds good. And useful. I might just do that. Editing my action.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »

Eyes alert and focused on the overseer's actions, the diplomat-temporarily-turned-pirate smirks as the man explains what he was expecting. "I have no need to take people hostage unless unexpected problems arise since I am here just for the data and nothing else... If security is called, however, heads may unfortunately need to part with their respective bodies." he says in an indirect threat of rather obvious implications - everything goes my way and you will be fine, but call security and you are toast.

"Are you done with your computer? We are on a schedule here." he asks with affected gentlemanliness, one of his metal-clad fists hovering near the man's neck.

Continue with the threaten-and-obtain-data mission.

Computers aren't powerful enough to transmit the entire database to your tablet, so by common sense, you are going to have to take the hard drives themselves and bring them back to Aldros to be analyzed and decrypted.

((Man I really don't have anything to do... so doing Cae's suggestion.))

I was expecting someone to go get the drives. Perhaps that's not an option for your character since he's not sure about the range of his jamming ability, but that's something for Davis to do at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:19 pm »

Computers aren't powerful enough to transmit the entire database to your tablet, so by common sense, you are going to have to take the hard drives themselves and bring them back to Aldros to be analyzed and decrypted.

((Yeah, I know. Russano is asking if the overseer's done messing around the computer for the keys.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »

"err Codo? You got any idea what they load down there?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

((Yeah, I know. Russano is asking if the overseer's done messing around the computer for the keys.))

((Ah, gotchya.))
"Are you done with your computer? We are on a schedule here."
"Ah yes, there are multiple codes because we have several backup copies of each file. Here you go," he says, having finished writing down all the keys.

"err Codo? You got any idea what they load down there?"

"Raw ore, for the refinery stations. They also bring supplies to the station since we don't have hydroponics."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:49:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 18, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »

"hmm maybe our new friends shuttle could pose as a prospective supplier bringing some free sample wares or something?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 18, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

"Ah yes, there are multiple codes because we have several backup copies of each file. Here you go," he says, having finished writing down all the keys.

"Great. Could you fetch the drives while I watch our friend?" Russano asks Davis as he gestures for the overseer to turn off the computer immediately, an eye still on him to make sure nothing funny happens.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75