Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66883 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2013, 11:02:59 am »

"Well, why should we keep giving you trouble, heh?" Russano says with a smile, turning his head to Davis and staring at him in a "Where's Dominic?" kind of silent questioning before moving on to get business done. Wherever the trenchcoat man happened to be, the diplomat just hoped it didn't end in trouble for the group.

Barracks. Hallway. Moving on.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2013, 11:14:32 am »

Davis scanned his tag of Dominic before giving a mental reply of whatever his findings are. He also walks to the barracks.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2013, 11:30:05 am »

Barracks!.... I guess.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2013, 02:23:29 pm »

Dominic wondered about the worker with a drill. He looked as if he was also looking for an opening to escape. The guard captain was still a problem, though. He would have to be taken care of.

Rush to the captain and sneakily knock him out. Drag him to the hiding spot, and signal the the worker to come to me.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:03 pm »

((just noticed that my "+1 close range combat" bonus is missing from my bloodlust trait, don't get me wrong i like your version of bloodlust and i would like to keep it as it really fits with the idea i had fro my character but could i get the +1 to close range weapons (shotguns and the like) added back in as a third passive bonus?))

((I'll just change those abilities to apply to all short ranged weapons, melee and ranged. I just thought that a +2 off the bat was boring. The current version has more potential in any fight other than a duel.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:32 pm »

((Cheers, i just dont wanna shoot myself in the foot right off the bat when i finally recover a shotgun.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »

((Allowing the GM to excercise his creativity tends to be the best bet in most games.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:45 pm »

((Allowing the GM to excercise his creativity tends to be the best bet in most games.))
((Im all for him exercising his creativity and i love what he did with bloodlust, just as long as it doesnt change my characters playstyle too dramatically.
Flat bonus to snowball on kill is great, loss of shotgun proficiency on a shotgun+melee character is not so great.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »

((Okay, one more thing.))
Dominic's target is currently wearing power armor. How is he supposed to knock the commander out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

((That would have been nice to know earlier, what are the other guards wearing?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:36 am »

((They're all in power armor. I tried to make that clear by referencing most guard's power armor (it's odd to say "the power-armor-wearing guard" every time), but that was before you showed up :P))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:50 pm »

Knock the captain down, then use my tools to turn off his armor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »

Oh uh, right.

Roll 36

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Zoshan remembered what he had been told about the Van Buren company... he didn't approve of anything. If one of the prisoners was making an escape attempt, Dominic would do everything in his power to help them succeed. In fact, he realized that there was much more he could do here than simply help one person. He could free them all if he could start an uprising... dealing with the guards would be difficult though.
Spoiler: Relevant Info (click to show/hide)

Dominic decided to wait until the rest of the commander's squad was fully dispersed.
Of course, the commander was wearing power armor, so Zoshan couldn't simply knock him through a sharp blow to the head or choking.
He recognized the armor though... the Van Buren company seemed to purchase its equipment from Landmark Industries, a leading arms supplier also based close by. The armor was fairly reliable and didn't rely on complicated computer systems to turn itself on or off and detatch itself from the user. Instead, a control panel mounted on the wrist was used to control vital functions, covered by a panel which had to be opened with a strong grip. Zoshan had experience with these kinds of opponents in his past adventures, so he knew what to do.

[4+1 (sneak attack)+1 (target is heavy)-1 (caddish sneak attack)] When nobody appeared to be looking, Zoshan dashed out of his hiding spot and tackled the commander to the ground, making sure to knock the radio from the guard's belt as he landed. He used his fusion cutter to damage the speakers on the front of the suit, so the commander was left unable to warn his comrades. Finally, he wrenched open the control panel cover and turned the switch that deactivated the commander's armor. Now, he had ten seconds before the commander's suit shut down.
[4] Confused at first, the commander rolled back onto his feet. Dominic had to move quickly.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Taking advantage of the distraction, Kenjaro ran across the room, momentarily stopping behind objects to make sure none of the guards saw. As he approached Zoshan and the squad commander, he pulled his axe from his belt and raised it high.
"Stand back, my friend."
Dominic looked horrified at first.

--

"Very well. Are we going?" Wallace turned around and started moving. Russano, Davis, and Ryan followed into the baracks.

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Davis heard some shouting from one of the hallways. A door was open, so he assumed that the voice was coming from that room. It sounded like an interrogation was taking place.
"No seriously! I've got nothing to do with this! I don't even know, that blasted mercenary! He and the [muffled noises]"
"That's enough."
"[Heavy breathing] You've got to be kidding me! You believe him?"
"No, but he gave us a lead. Keep talking, we don't take chances."

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Mr. Wallace led the three players to the elevators. A steward walked out, greeting Wallace and the players.
Russano quickly looked around for any sort of surveilance, but the elevator had no holes in the walls or fixtures at all.
"Make sure your boots are ready, this elevator is quite fast."

((The next roll will take place in the elevator, or after the elevator if nobody wants to do anything.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:20 pm »

be distracted by the shady guy, follow him.

what is your purpose here friend?
I myself am taking the blame for the sabotage that has recently occured so that my coworkers lives are spared, if you know of a way in which i could escape i would be exceedingly grateful.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:23:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 10, 2013, 11:55:50 am »

((Sorry.))

"So, how have business been doing?" Russano asks, trying to make small talk after they get into the elevator.

Stay in the elevator, wait for next turn.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 75