Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66859 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:46 am »

((I always kinda imagined him like.... what your avatar looks like right now lol.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2013, 01:01:11 am »

((Sorry, I've been super busy and will be for quite some time, so I've gotta drop out of this. It's been a hell of a lot of fun though.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2013, 07:39:35 am »

((I always kinda imagined him like.... what your avatar looks like right now lol.))
((My current avatar is a portrayal of Milno, my character for Einsteinian Roulette. Slowly working on a more up-to-date version of that one.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »

((I personally imagined him to have some sort of hood. Not necessarily wearing it, but just there as part of his armor.

And a cape.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2013, 01:02:58 pm »

((The intention was more hammering out how his face and hair look rather than his clothes, though. I also imagine him as looking more regal and having small metal bases near the sides of his chin to support the front of his helm whenever he's wearing it.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2013, 12:14:55 am »

Roll 29

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt

Steven was met with silence. He looked for signs of life but found none, only noticing how pristine the medical ward was. It was rather uneasing--Steven considered, for a moment, that this was just a dream--psionically induced or not. Or perhaps he was dead from internal bleeding, and his mind was taking one last stroll through his surroundings.
He realized everything was real when the muscles in his torso stung with pain, causing him to fall and hit his head on the handle of a drawer. Perhaps he was no longer in condition to go on the mission--he would have to tell Russano. Russano and the others probably knew, though.

--

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Not surprised at all, Zoshan asked the travelmaster about his powers.
"So, I've heard that you have psionic powers as well. Would you mind telling me the extent of them?"
"Well, let's see..."
Travelmaster Lawrence Reynolds made his way around the circular room, taking care not to pass too close to the glowing crystal on the pedestal in the center of the room. He pulled a book out of a locker on the wall.
"If you want to know how to be a travelmaster, I can make you my apprentice. You're going with the other three, though, am I right"
"Three? You mean four."
"Three."
Zoshan gave him a disappointed look. The two stood there staring at each other for a while. Zoshan got bored and started observing the travelmaster's beard as it changed colors from the glowing crystal.
"Okay. If you want to know, I'll tell you. It's not anyone would believe you..."
"What are you saying?"
"Travelmasters are magicians, Mr. Zoshan. There isn't anything I'm doing that you couldn't do. I'm just particularly skilled, been doing it my whole life. Some long time ago we travelmasters had an agreement with the engineers on some planet, I forget, that we would make a business out of faster-than-light travel. It was a very long time ago, even I can't remember the specifics. I'm much older than I look, by the way--"
"Pardon me for the interruption, but you're saying that the Ryan fellow we brought onboard was about to be executed for stealing a useless trinket?"
"Not entirely, no. The crystals themselves act as starmaps. Travelmasters are in charge of reading them. But it doesn't take anywhere near the skill that's advertised to do that.
Anyway, if you're ever in need of cash, create a false idenitity, work as a travelmaster in the border worlds. You can make good money. That's the advice I have for you."

"I'm not about to do such a thing. However, I have one last question, how do the drives actually work them?"
"Nothing special. They're standard engines with a built in protocol for interpreting travelmaster input. We're traveling through a sort of narrow slit linking systems together. There's a lot to talk about, I'm not a physics professor. Ask an engineer."

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Ryan recalled that the ship's spinal elevators had maps in them. All the floors were linked to the main shaft. He made his way back to the central hallways and called the elevator.
While the Borealis was much more well-designed than the ship from his memory, he wondered if making his way around the engine bloc would remind him of anything. There was someone called a travelmaster on the ship that stayed on the engine deck, he remembered.

*Ryan goes down into the engine bloc. He hears footsteps and finds an open door. He looks inside, seeing Dominic and Lawrence talking.*

"...excuse me? Did I interrupt anything important?"

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Before anything else happened, Davis followed Russano into the armory and asked if he could pick up some exra ammo. In actuality, he had all the ammo he needed, but Russano let him look around for bullets that were chambered for his rifle.
However, the kind of rounds he used--the plasma charge rounds--were not present. He went for the laboratory afterward, taking a box of rifle ammunition with him for experimentation, and scrounged a bunch of chemicals and small explosive equipment. Putting on his working goggles for the first time in months, he attempted to replicate his own bullets with his scavenged technology.

*Davis works. Spend 2 more turns working on chemicals in total to gain a new trait.*

Finishing a batch of 30 rounds, he headed to the range and found a rifle, chambered similarly to his own. Loading his own bullets into the magazine, he tested it remotely from behind a plastic barrier. The first trial, using his own rounds, worked perfectly, indicating that the rounds could be used in other rifles without issues.
[3] The next trials (with his own cartridges) were less successful, with the plasma charge exploding mid-flight rather than on impact. He collected the rounds he had left and created a smaller magazine to store these rounds for later.

*Davis then heads to the library and does a bit of research himself*

Davis' usual act would suffice here. Azobos' band of pirates, the Bloodhounds, often worked alongside freelancers and mercenaries when fighting enemy troops. The Van Buren Mining Company was always in need of additional troops for purposes of security and fighting off other groups in the border worlds. Since this particular base was used to train new recruits, Davis could enlist as one and undergo training--while communicating telepathically with his team, informing them of patrols and also subverting them from within their own ranks. He'd be trained in the wing where the workers were, however, rather than the offices.

--

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Russano found that Nightfall could be wielded in tandem with one of the rapiers. Though the rapiers were heavy, the combination fit his own fighting style pretty well.
((Both weapons can be used on the same turn without penalty))

[6] Next, Russano did a comprehensive sweep of the ship with his abilities. He couldn't detect any psionic activity on the ship at all, which didn't seem right. This called for further measures.
"Ares," he began speaking into his communicator.
"Please get the tapes from the entry bay cameras, I want to make sure we're not being infiltrated."
"By whom, sir?"

*Tapes show nothing unusual. Russano's scanning ability does not allow him to detect psionic activity in videos, regrettably.*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:49:25 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2013, 11:41:41 am »

"Um.... don't mind me... I'm just trying to remember something.... about a ship I was on getting cracked open.... haha.... um.... thought coming here might... help." Says Ryan, getting back into his nervousness.

Say the above and if I'm allowed, take a look around to see if anything helps trigger my memory.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2013, 11:01:00 pm »

((Bamp.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2013, 07:40:20 am »

((My bad. Got some time to post. I forgot to ask earlier, but wouldn't his psionics be blocked off by Davis' silence ability?))

Spoiler: Outdated (click to show/hide)

Russano rose an eyebrow, surprised at the fact once more his powers seemed to have been blocked off. "We are either under attack by external forces or one of my guests is playing tricks on me." he remarked offhandedly, sinking into his hair and focusing his mind on examining what had made his powers stop working.

Try to mentally examine and repel the source of whatever is blocking psionics.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:54:58 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2013, 12:48:44 pm »

((My bad. Got some time to post. I forgot to ask earlier, but wouldn't his psionics be blocked off by Davis' silence ability?))

((Hey... you're right...

Can I retcon it so that you don't detect any presence at all?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2013, 12:52:28 pm »

((Sure, as long as I can keep the roll and edit my post accordingly. It's the second time Russano's being silenced, he'll have an idea of who did it.))
>Yes?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

((^^))

Davis stays in the armoury area, trying to acquire a side arm, before practicing in the firing range to hone his accuracy.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »

((Want the Sunfury?))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2013, 12:23:09 pm »

"It's fine, Ryan. I was just finishing up anyway." Dominic turned to the Travelmaster, "It was nice talking to you. I do hope we can talk more later."
Dominic quickly left the room. Assuming that the others will likely be in the armory, he decided to go there and learn more about the operation .
Leave the room and meet Russano and Davis in the armory.
"So, since Steven will be acting as the pirate warlord, where does that leave us? Are there any uniforms, or outfits that we need to wear, or other things of that nature? Also, does anyone want any popcorn?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:45:57 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »

((Can you like... be more specific...))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75