Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66840 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

((Oddly enough, wwolin was the first to respond {via pm}. I don't know where he is.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2013, 05:27:16 pm »

It's been more than half a month since the last turn :(.
Who're we waiting for again?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2013, 12:40:40 pm »

We are waiting for wwolin because this entire section of the plot is centered around him for the time being. Normally I'd auto him and if worse comes to pass, I'd replace him. But right now I don't think I can do that unless I basically retcon the last roll to have never happened.

Unholy_Pariah, if you're reading this, you might be next.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2013, 12:50:03 pm »

((I'm sure Steve would appreciate being turned into a popsicle for some time.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2013, 03:26:27 pm »

Roll 25

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Davis stood dumbfounded. To his knowledge, he and the others decided to leave the accountant behind as to not risk the ship itself. Perhaps Steven, who had the ability to teleport as Davis knew, had teleported her on board as well? Not knowing the extent of Steven's powers enough to be certain, he instead started reading her mind to discover if this had been planned or not.
Davis perceived she was thinking about Steven. Confused again, he brought his focus back into the world and noticed that he now saw Steven Cobalt standing in front of him.
"What the hell! Is this some kind of trick?"
Not knowing whether or not this was another psychic attack, he trained his rifle at her--... his face and released a wave of mental energy as a last resort, silencing her to prevent further attacks.

Instead of panicking again as Davis expected him/her to, Steven Cobalt/the accountant bolted out the door. [1] Davis was caught off guard and fired a burst from his rifle, expecting to be attacked, but instead missing completely as Steven Colbalt/the accountant ran to the side and not toward Davis.
He hit a conduit on the wall instead, releasing a shower of sparks and filling the room smoke. Davis tried to warn Russano that the subject had fled the room, but before he could say anything he was siezed by a fit of coughing that only ended as he rushed out and slammed the door shut behind him.
"Davis, what's wrong? Are you being attacked?"

--

From his position, Russano sensed psionic activity from the cryogenics bay as he would sound. It became so much clearer than before--almost like vision, but in all directions. In fact, his newfound ability worked perfectly as a psionic radar. With the initial burst of activity, he located two discrete entities, one moving, the other standing still. Since he heard a door being closed from Davis' transmission, he assumed Davis was the one standing still.
Now that he located them, he could track their locations wherever they went on the ship.

--

Over in the cafeteria, Ryan was at the counter, looking for something familiar to eat.
"Do you have any sandwiches here?"
"I beg your pardon?"
Ryan looked at the menu on the wall. It consisted entirely of what he assumed were cultural dishes eaten on Russano's homeworld. As for universally accepted snacks that a person with amnesia could remember, there were none.
Even more disgusting were the names of meats from animals Ryan had never even heard of. What is an Omrustich anyway?

--

Dominic was in the main room of the laboratory amongst the samples of plant life from the many worlds in the galaxy. He was reluctant to return the knife, as he worked quite hard to make it hold its shape without being extremely brittle. [5] Instead, he made his way to his quarters on the ship, took what crumbs of stone he had left, and formed them into a hollow shell with a hole. He filled it with water and, satisfied that it felt about a kilogram in weight, sealed the hole and brought it back to Anyas.
"I'm terribly sorry, I put it with some other rocks and it took me quite some time to realize it. I hope you didn't mind the wait."
(+1 Gentleman Point)

Suddenly, he received a call from Russano himself.
"Zoshan, the cryogenics bay. Now."
"That's all?"
There was no response, but Anyas was right behind Zoshan.
"What could possibly have gone wrong? A man so obsessed with himself wouldn't dare to risk the ship he's on."
"For all we know, he could just be insane."
"Well, you're free to go. Here's a copy of the keys to that part of the ship. You said he could teleport, right?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:35:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »

Head to the Cryogenics bay, while having the Gunberd ready.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2013, 03:49:59 pm »

(ai yai yai. I totally forgot the RNG hates me in this game)

''Blimey! Russano! Steve and that girl's just bolted! Aiming to pursue!'' Davis uses his tagging to locate and pursue, aiming to stop them to ask what the hell was going on!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

"Well.... uh.... just make something light and tasty.... I guess." Ryan says to the cafeteria guy. "I'll just walk around while I wait for... whatever your gonna make." He says as he walks out the door... the food guy is gonna make the food right?

Walk around the ship for a few minutes to wait for my food. If people are doing something interesting, watch them... from afar.

((And this is how I'll try to get into the action!

Also question.... now that I think about it, wouldn't I have some normal clothes by now to replace my ragged ones?))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:06:08 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:01 pm »

((Meh, PM's get tricky, even when I'm using them for tricky things like using my new-found powers to genderbend. I'll just post normally from now on.))

Well, that was fun... Now, to throw away the blame.

Steven morphs back into his normal body and bolts down the hall until he finds a crew member other than Davis, acting surprised, concerned, and certainly nothing at all like someone who has just pulled a dangerous prank on an ally while disguised as a woman.

"Goodness, I teleWARp away for one second to see if there's anything more flattering to wear than a jumpsuit, and everything goes to hell. Well, there's no need to fear! I can sense a pretty girl from a mile away, so we'll find that accountant in no time!"

I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »

"Do you have any low-impact short range weapon? I want to avoid too much damage to the ship's internals if combat breaks out." the diplomat asks Davis over the comms. The training session he had with the officer of a dire cannon squad came to his mind, specially the part when grenade-tagging was explained...Maybe it is about the time to start thinking about the development of different attacks. Shooting lightning out of your hands only goes so far.

He rests his gauntlet over the detached ceremonial helmet and rubs his chin with his other hand, considering the situation and tracking the psionic signatures. "In fact, follow the escaping person but avoid direct engagement altogether. I am fairly sure of what is going on here."

Track the moving person and then teleport directly to them after they stop.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:35 pm »

"Well.... uh.... just make something light and tasty.... I guess." Ryan says to the cafeteria guy. "I'll just walk around while I wait for... whatever your gonna make." He says as he walks out the door... the food guy is gonna make the food right?

Walk around the ship for a few minutes to wait for my food. If people are doing something interesting, watch them... from afar.

((And this is how I'll try to get into the action!

Also question.... now that I think about it, wouldn't I have some normal clothes by now to replace my ragged ones?))

Probably. You'll get some armor on the mission if you're afraid of getting hit.

The clothes are technically just what you've been wearing since you were knocked out.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »

Oh hey! That's all of us! From like... nothing for over half a month to everyone within a day. Not often I see that, if ever.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »

For a two day wait, this was a bit short on actual progress, but hopefully we can get Ryan armed and everyone to the shuttle bay now that graduation and finals are mostly over.

Experimenting with a new style.

Roll 26

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"I did, yes, and thank you, these will help if he decides to do that."

Drawing his gunberd, Zoshan headed to the main elevator, scanning the diagram on the control panel for whatever icon could represent cryogenics. He appreciated how polished the ship's interface was, unlike the improvised control schemes found on military rigs and most shipping vessels.
Finding an icon shaped like a cube of ice, he pressed it and was soon on his way up toward the front of the ship.

*30 seconds later*

Zoshan stepped out of the cabin with his weapon drawn. Due to the way the ship was designed, each level was specialized. Thus, the only way to get out of the cryogenics level was to take the elevators or go through maintainence shafts--and brave the vaccum of space in doing so.

The elevator hall was awfully dark and quiet. Without a flashlight, he stayed close to the wall in search of a control panel or switch. To his surprise, he came across a sheet of metal that had been removed from the wall and a blown fuse with a sheet of cardboard taped near the site, reading: "DO nOT TOUCH GETTING TOOLS -Herman"
With a toolkit hanging from his belt, however, he wondered if he could have helped. Nevertheless, it would be dangerous to go without light, seeing as the rest of the cryogenics bay seemed to be dark.

*Elevator leaves*

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Confused, yet aware that something just ran out the door, Davis turned to pursue his retreating opponent, knowing that without psionic powers neither Steven his new friend could threaten him--he knew every action ahead of time. In fact, perhaps he could use his powers to dodge bullets by simply moving out of the way. He'd never done that, but hearing tales of brave soldiers taking on entire squads with powers similar to his made him curious, if not jealous.
*Door is now open*
*Davis catches a glimpse of the runner, and his mind*
[3] While tagging only reveals location, Davis briefly saw that the target was intending to use trickery against him. He could not tell specifically how, though.

He followed around a right turn and saw Steven Cobalt far away and talking to Herman, one of the maintainence workers aboard the ship. Herman was carrying a satchel out of a utility closet.

--

Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt

"Oi, you!" shouted Steven as he slowed down, panting intentionally and appearing genuinely surprised to the outside observer.
Goodness, I--
[3-2] Old Herman Jackson swung the satchel around, landing a blow to the side of Steven's head and knocking him down.
"Not foolin' me, kiddo."
"I'm... I'm actually--"
Steven looked back at the way he came, seeing Davis walking down with his rifle brought to bear.

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"Just make something light and tasty, I guess,"
"We can make something for you, but you're going to have to be more specific," the cook said with a smile. He remembered what Russano had told him, that Ryan was amnesiac.
"Right, do you recognize this?" He pulled out a laminated sheet with pictures of food printed on both sides.

*Automated alert system is activated over intercom: Deck Cry Bay is now closed to non-crew. Reason: Power Outage*
*Cafeteria is empty except for Ryan and Bart Antioch*

--

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Russano entered the lift and, hearing the intercom, scanned his I.D. card to gain permission. He didn't actually need to use it provided he got close enough, but he had to bring the elevator up so he could bring the others with him. He knew exactly what was going on, and they wouldn't be occupied for long.

*Elevator is almost to the Cryo floor*

Sensing the runner's location, Russano teleported to his location. [6] He entered with a flash, unintentionally thrusting the old man Herman aside with a gust of air. Noting this, he also checked the floor to make sure he hadn't made any imprints.
"Sorry, I didn't know you were here," Russano began. He didn't finish, as he had matters to attend to.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 23, 2013, 10:26:37 am »

(I really don't wanna mention this, but you had Davis fire a couple of shots, turn before this one, but this has not been recorded on his sheet.)

Davis kept his rifle trained. ''Where's the accountant?''

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »

"Hm...... maybe? No idea..... is it any good?"

Say the above.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:40:27 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75