Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66832 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:39 am »

Russano falls silent for a moment as he considers the options, staring at the dancing arcs of electricity. After a few seconds, he finally sighs before closing his hand into a fist, causing the blue lightning to disappear as readily as it had been produced. He turns around and crouches to take the unconscious conductor to a safe spot, shooting Perfectio a glance while he does so. "I cannot risk attacking her without turning her body into ash. How much time do you think it will be needed to explain all that has happened during the course of this day to the local government?" he asks as he lifts the sleeping worker's body and places him inside the tram.

After doing that, he's reminded it would be a good precaution to check if the Iron Crown soldiers really got their brains melted or if they will wake up anytime soon only to be burnt into a crisp. If they do happen to be breathing, it would only be reasonable to leave them tied in a nice gift for the authorities...

"I hope this does not damage our home's public image." the diplomat says, starting an idle conversation with Perfectio as if there is little worth of note happening and apparently confident in the capacity of his allies to stop and aprehend the woman. "If our mission seems so dangerous but there are no Artilleries with us, I assume any of them who happened to be offworld was either given a return order or is engaged in different matters." The man rubs his temples as he speaks. "Their mental conditioning would probably be of help."

Talk to Perfectio. Check if the Iron Crown soldiers are alive - if the answer is "yes", then tie them or check if Perfectio can find something to tie them with. Check if the conductor will be fine, too.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »

"I hope this does not damage our home's public image." the diplomat says, starting an idle conversation with Perfectio as if there is little worth of note happening and apparently confident in the capacity of his allies to stop and aprehend the woman. "If our mission seems so dangerous but there are no Artilleries with us, I assume any of them who happened to be offworld was either given a return order or is engaged in different matters." The man rubs his temples as he speaks. "Their mental conditioning would probably be of help."

"I wasn't finished with the entire briefing yet," said Perfectio.
"What I told you and the rest of this party on way here is merely an introduction, a summary of what we will be doing. As I mentioned before, we do not have any specific intel as to what happened. Our first priority is thus to check with entities related to the exploration and exploitation of systems near the Arcas Cluster. By check, I mean infiltrate the headquarters of the Charles Van Buren mining company and check their records.
This is why I asked for a group of freelancers--You're the only one who has proven himself thus far, and the more warlocks we employ, the greater the chance of failure."

Spoiler: FLU Encyclopedia Entry (click to show/hide)

((The Arcas Cluster is, as of now, located in the edge worlds, closest to Centauri and Aroth space, but still pretty far. The Aroth have almost no presence near this region because the majority of their population is on three planets, and Caldr, the closest one, is also the least populated. The Van Buren Company has a lot of bases near the cluster.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:14 am »

((Bump, people. Bump.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »

"Excuse me, sorry for the interruption, but the tram is going to leave without us. I suggest we tie up this fool, and hurry onto the tram."
Restrain the fool that attacked us, then wait for others responses.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »

((Is there any way that you could auto for me for a week or so? I've got a massive AP test coming up for Us History, and between studying for that and running LD, I'm gonna be a bit crunched for time.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »

((Bump, people. Bump.))

((I was actually waiting to see if you would respond. I guess I waited too long ;P))

((Is there any way that you could auto for me for a week or so? I've got a massive AP test coming up for Us History, and between studying for that and running LD, I'm gonna be a bit crunched for time.))

((No problem. In fact, I've got just the thing...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

((I was actually waiting to see if you would respond. I guess I waited too long ;P))
((Oh, ok.))

"Oh, the Van Buren Mining Company. I was never much of a fan of their behind-the-scenes business at any rate." Russano answers with unerring calm, as if turning from diplomat to spy is something both expected and planned for in his career. Although judging solely by his powers and training, it can be said having him take only diplomatic missions would itself be the surprise instead. "If we do happen to stumble across industrial and administrative secrets, do expect me to take those too. Having several cards inside your sleeve is always useful." he says with a very malicious smile.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »

Roll 23

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Hen, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Restrain the fool that attacked us, then wait for others responses.
In a sort of stupor, having recovered late from the attack, Dominic raised himself to his knees and gathered his memories of what had happened during the attack. Running around the perimeter of the room was a woman being chased by none other than Steven Cobalt. As she halfway finished her first lap, Dominic realized that she was the woman who seemed unaffected by the sudden storm of headaches and confusion that had overtaken himself and others.
"Fool!" he shouted. "One does not simply walk into a room, and uh..."
Dominic felt a tingling sensation throughout his body. This interrupted him, but he had also forgotten what he was originally going to say--or if he had anything to say in the first place.
He realized that he could cover his mistakes without compromising his image.
"Well what are we waiting for? She can't drag this on if we all go after her."
"I'll take care of the soldiers, in case she's stalling for them..." Russano started walking casually toward the downed squad of Iron Crown troops.
"Excuse me," Dominic began to ask, clearing his throat. "The runner?"
"Hmm? Oh yes."

Russano pointed a finger at Steven as he ran after the town hall accountant. Lightning arced across through the air and imparted some of its energy onto Steven and his stolen police uniform, jumping afterward to the accountant and bringing her to the floor.
[6] Steven was completely stunned by the current, but fortunately for him most of the electricity went into his badge, immediately vaporizing it.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Talk to Perfectio. Check if the Iron Crown soldiers are alive - if the answer is "yes", then tie them or check if Perfectio can find something to tie them with. Check if the conductor will be fine, too.
Now that the accountant was taken care of, Russano came to the soldiers on the floor to verify that they were still alive. Finding that they were, he looked around for something to tie them with. [2] They wore full metal armor, however, so he couldn't find any belts or fabric to use. Perfectio came over.
"They have pulses?"
"Breathing normally, too. The attack must have only affected their higher brain functions."
"We will have go with the assumption they won't come to then. I've got nothing to restrain them with. We should get in the tram, it'll be leaving soon."

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis then mentally tags the group and the accountant and, using his visor, sees if he can cut her off as he sets off.
Davis came over as Dominic searched Steven's uniform for his handcuffs.
"So what shall we do with these people?"
"Loot them?"
Dominic frowned. "That would be rude."
"Are we going to just... leave them here then?"
"If we're leaving ASAP so they don't catch up to Russano, then I assume we will. Who knows how many more Iron Crown troops they have here? Smart ones, perhaps? Let's not take any risks." Dominic realized that he had just answered his own question.

Davis realized that this was, in fact, the perfect opportunity to leave the planet. The conductor hadn't checked his I.D yet, so provided he could get into orbit without anyone seeing it, he would never officially leave the planet, making it nearly impossible for his superiors to track the ship he is on.

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
if she tries running away someplace else, control technology to cut off her escape... again. If she doesn't, try to prevent the tram from leaving us behind.
((Sorry :S
We'll be skipping the party boarding the tram and entering the ship and all that. Hopefully there will be something to do on the ship.

Also, you don't know about how the trams work due to amnesia. Everyone else knows because it's common knowledge.))

---

((Quick notice: If you have anything else to do here, say so. However, I'd prefer to skip some unimportant events and start again in space about an hour or so before arrival at the current destination. This will mean that everyone will know where we are going, and generally know their way around the ship, which includes a library. That means skill points for everyone.))

((Think about how you actually want your abilities to evolve. You can put points into the generic skill which allows you to do more crazy things thanks to higher rolls))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:49:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34:20 am »

(Yeah, I don't think I have anything meaningful to do till the ship. Tho, it's not entirely clear, but is the accountant dead or just shocked unconcious?)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

(Good question. She's not dead specifically because Russano lowered the power of his attack by going through Steven first, only stunning her.
She doesn't really have any greater significance to the plot as of yet, though. If you think she might have info that would relate to the expedition's disappearance, then you could take her on board and see if she has anything to say along with the other soldiers. Or you can leave her for the authorities.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »

((It's up to you, since Russano doesn't feel like performing some classic interrogation maneuvers. If any of you is capable of reading minds (Davis?), you can probably drag her along.))
>Yes?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »

(Think Davis would bring her for 5 reasons: 1; semi-expendable person to practice forceful mind-reads on. 2; see about learning her abilities since they seem somewhat in line with Davis' own. (oh the day I can melt minds! :P) 3; If she has information that would benefit us later on, I can hope to find out. 4; She could be a pain in our sides later on if she truly has vengeance in her mind if left alone. 5; Potential ally, I like the idea of having someone that can manipulate others and put herself into places of power on our side. :P
Having said that, if DivideByZero has plans for her later that could be interesting or a nice spanner in the works when things get hectic, or even just to keep her in the wings for such an event, then I don't mind leaving her. So, back to you, /0 (DivideByZero) :P )

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2013, 11:33:40 pm »

((Yeah, I was thinking Divide could want to use her as a recurring villain or some vengeance-driven jerk...We could sat one of us put her over their shoulder and takes her to the ship for questioning, if only because Russano has a skill to fix damage if she causes a mess.))
>Yes?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2013, 11:40:54 pm »

((I'm back. Steven is all for bringing the woman aboard, and abusing his +1 bonus to social rolls against women to extract information.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:59 am »

(saying all that, do we have a way to nullify psionic powers on the ship? Having someone that could, theoretically, even manipulate us with her powers might be hilarious to see, but also potentially dangerous. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75